PDA

View Full Version : Bklyn Chick's WDW Trip 10/16-23: Departure and Final Thoughts

BklynChick
10-30-2010, 05:01 PM
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Me - 30something and a true Disney freak, ready for a long-overdue trip!
Mom - 60+, loves Disney, but content to let me do all the planning

(Note: I will not go into great detail about food in this report, as I will be posting a separate “Dining Trip Report” in the Dining Forum.)

Our wake-up call was at 6:30am, as we needed to be at the ME stop for 7:40am. We decided against using Resort Check In (I like to see my luggage go onto the belt at the airport) so we brought our own luggage to the lobby and onto the bus. We were the last pickup for that particular ME bus and we had a very nice bus driver who kept us informed. We arrived at MCO to find that our flight was delayed a half-hour (at this point, it didn’t bother me). After bag drop and security, we had breakfast near our gate. The flight home was uneventful and before we knew it, we were back in NYC.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
First, the negative (very short)
- Please, please, PLEASE read the CS menus before you get up to the cashier! They are busy and don’t have time to review every single option with you, while the rest of us who are ready get stuck waiting.
- I may get flamed for this, but the single rider lines are just that - for single riders. I don’t think it is fair for huge families to get on the line just so they don’t have to wait. It defeats the purpose even if they do get split up.
- Duffy the Bear may only be appearing in person at Epcot, but his merchandise is EVERYWHERE! They are really pushing Duffy. It seems like a bit of overkill to me.

Now the positive (much longer):
- We absolutely love ME. It is a great way to start the vacation and we have never had any issues. We also have no complaints about the bus service. Admittedly, we may be a bit biased because 1) we don’t drive so if it weren’t for the buses, we wouldn’t get anywhere, and 2) we take public transportation every day so we are used to waiting for trains/buses.
- Parks looked crowded but as long as you did the big rides early in the day, wait times were not bad.
- I was pleasantly surprised by Hollywood Studios. I thought we would run out of things to do but we could have used another hour or so. TSM, American Idol and Block Party Bash are great additions, and the Citizens of Hollywood were lots of fun.
- The Food and Wine booths have a much better set up than I remember. I liked paying first and then getting the food, rather than having to juggle your change and your food. I recommended getting a Gift Card if you plan to visit many booths, it makes it even easier.
- It really is the “little things” that set Disney apart. Each morning we were greeted by CMs as we entered the park, and each night they said goodbye to us as well. I loved the one at Epcot who bid us adieu by reminding us that “Fish are friends, not food!”.
- Everyone is so much friendlier at Disney. We had many pleasant conversations with families while riding the buses or waiting in line.
- Keep an eye out for bargains. Sometimes the same merchandise is on sale in different stores, especially in certain sizes. I saved $10 on a T-shirt this way.
- MNSSHP is definitely worth the extra $$.
- Adding an extra day to the start of our trip, and arriving early that day, was worth it. We were able to fit in some special events and still had some time to relax during the trip.
- NO RAIN! Not a single drop the whole trip! :cloud9:

lynnek
10-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all the info and suggestions in your reports. We are going in two weeks for the first time and I am reading everything!! I chose to book an "extra" night to our trip for similar reasons to you--now I'm not second-guessing that decision! Thanks!

pdrlkr
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your reports! I've enjoyed reading them!

I don't mind if families get on the single rider line as long as they truly understand they will be split up. On our last trip, we watched a family (in the single rider line) arguing with a cast member who was splitting them up for the ride. The mom was insisting that they all needed to ride together and the cast member was saying that, if that were the case, they needed to be in the regular line as it was not going to happen in the single rider line. We were already on board the ride so don't know they outcome as we left the station to enjoy our ride!

2MuchWDFun
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the great review---sounds like you had a wonderful time. We love ME, too--and the bus transportation. We have found that if you learn to go with the flow and be a little patient, then bus transportation is a lot less stressful. I noted that you were from New York--you definitely have access to extensive public transportation.

Too funny about knowing what you want to eat when you get up to the cashier in a CS line. It really does make it a lot easier to be ready. I'm sure a lot of the confusion comes from the people that are new to the dining plan and don't understand what comes with the CS meal--and all the options.

Thanks again for the great trip report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the reports

Suz36
11-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I've really enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

RedSoxFan
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Great trip reports. I agree with Faline --- families using the single rider line is OK so long as the families know they will be split up. We did this a couple of times on our last visit and we were split up --- which was fine with us.

KylesMom
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
It was fun reading your reports - I'm happy to hear that both you and your mom had a magical time. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us! :mickey:

WDWdriver
11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Lots of good advice here. Glad the positives outnumbered the negatives. And glad you had a good time.