PDA

View Full Version : Bklyn Chick's WDW Trip 10/16-23: Day 7

BklynChick
10-30-2010, 04:37 PM
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Me - 30something and a true Disney freak, ready for a long-overdue trip!
Mom - 60+, loves Disney, but content to let me do all the planning

(Note: I will not go into great detail about food in this report, as I will be posting a separate “Dining Trip Report” in the Dining Forum.)

Our last full day at WDW :( was at Magic Kingdom. We also had our last breakfast at POFQ Food Court. I had been eating light breakfasts at the Food Court and considered getting oatmeal, but gave in and had a Mickey Waffle with Fruit instead. I can always have oatmeal at home :thedolls:.

The characters were just pulling up at Main Street Station as we exited our bus. When we entered the park, we again went against tradition and went right, starting in Tomorrowland. First stop for me was Space Mountain with a 5 minute wait. They must have refurbed this since my last visit because it was more intense than I remembered - it is now comparable with the Disneyland version. Mom and I quickly did TTA Peoplemover, CoP and Buzz. We were NOT doing Stitch so our last stop was Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - first time and we enjoyed it (now I get the “that guy” references!). We decided to walk through Toontown for a last look, as we probably will not be back until after the Fantasyland expansion. We took the opportunity to catch the WDW Railroad from here and did a round trip. After that we headed over to Fantasyland and rode Pooh and the Carrousel.

While I was on the Carrousel I looked over towards IASW and saw something interesting. The refurb walls were down. Hmmm...the ride wasn’t due to come out of refub until the next day, and I had been hoping against hope that they would finish a day early so I could ride. It is one of my favorites and has been since my very first trip to WDW. That morning it was remained “Temporarily Closed” on Mobile Magic and the Information Boards. Still, when we exited the Carrousel it looked like there were people in the IASW queue area, so I decided to walk over and check it out. Could it be...could it be...

YES! Joy of joys - IT IS OPEN!!!! Woo hoo! :yay:

After jumping up and down a bit (and totally embarrassing my poor mother), we decided to keep to our original plan to see “Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!”, and save ISAW for after lunch with the remainder of Fantasyland. I had time for a quick PhotoPass shot near the Hub before we heard the music start. The show came through the Hub...and left. Maybe it was the heat, or maybe they have cut back, but they didn’t do the full show at the Hub. It was a little disappointing but I still got some great photos.

We had debated on where to eat lunch but ended up at our first choice: Columbia Harbor House. The food here is very good and an nice change of pace from the usual theme-park lunch.

After lunch we went back to Fantasyland and rode ISAW. There were no wait times posted but it seemed like it was about 15-20 minutes. We checked out Peter Pan but there was a 45 minute wait so we skipped it and went straight to Philharmagic. Then we went back to Main Street for some shopping. After this it was time for a break. I was determined to have my first Dole Whip on this trip (I know, can you believe I had never had one?). It was a little different that I thought - I was thinking more slush than soft serve - but it was very good! Perfectly refreshing on a hot afternoon. Afterwards we hit Jungle Cruise and POTC (5-10 minute wait). I rode BTMRR (20 minute wait) and then we did Country Bears (sat in front of rude people who did nothing but make fun of the show the whole time - if you don’t like it, LEAVE! :mad:). I noticed that Liberty Square Riverboat was closing at 5pm so we caught the last cruise of the day. We ended up being late for Dream Along with Mickey but still caught most of it (I wanted to see the talking characters). Our last two rides were HoP and HM (the CMs were already dressed up for MNSSHP). I thought it quite fitting that our last ride on this trip ended with “Hurry back....”

We knew that MK would be closing early due to MNSSHP so we made later dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon Café, taking the boat over from MK. This was our first time visiting Wilderness Lodge. I liked it - it reminded me of my all-time favorite Disney hotel, the Grand Californian. There was a long wait for walk-ups but we had our ADRs so we were seated promptly. The food was very good and it was a fun atmosphere (plenty of calls for ketchup).

After dinner we took the boat back to MK and then the bus to POFQ. It was time to pack up so we would be ready to depart early the next morning.

pdrlkr
10-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Those last full days are always such a mixture of fun and thinking about how soon it will all be over! Glad you got to ride It's A Small World! That's my one my favorites as well!

Suz36
11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
You're making me hungry again - Mickey waffles and Dole Whips...hurry up January!! What a nice surprise to get to ride Small World! What a great last day!

RedSoxFan
11-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Another great day.:mickey:

KylesMom
11-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Awwww - we're already at your last day? What a bummer! Very cool that you finally got to try a Dole Whip - and super-duper cool that one of your faves opened up a day early just for you! :D At least you were able to enjoy so many attractions on your last day . . . I'm sorry to see your reports ending, though.