PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip to the Poly - Oct 22 - 25th - Day 2 (Sat)

DisneyBarb
10-30-2010, 03:19 PM
DisneyBarb - thats me!
DS - sweet 12 year old son that gets Disney
Nana - my mom who hasn't been in 27 years!

Set a wake up call for 6:00 for 7:15 ressies at Chef Mickeys. An absolute must for DS each trip.. I hope he will continue that well into his teens!

About ready to leave and I double check my spreadsheet (don't laugh you know if you don't do this you want too!!) ha,ha. It says ressies are tomorrow? What? My second spreadsheet says Sat, oh boy what did I do? I checked my email through my phone and yep, it says Sunday...

Well everyone takes it in stride and off to Captain Cooks we go...

Fine breakfast and Nana is impressed we don't have pay (so to speak) for the CS meal.

Take a great ferry ride from the Poly over to MK and chatted with some former Boston residents who moved to Naples and were at Disney for a long weekend.. My hubbys goal in (early) retirement years..

At gates for opening and Nana is thrilled to be back on Main Street! As well as DS and myself! We went on HM for the first ride (walk on) and followed it by TM, Splash, Jungle and Pirates. Nana was quite happy. She was unsure of TM and Splash but loved it, could not stop laughing!

We then got FP for Buzz and went on People Mover and CoP. Classic.. hope they never get rid of this...

Nana loved Buzz and we made our way back to monorail to head over to Epcot for ressies at LeCellier.

Nana was tired but was a trooper and we got to see the O'Canada and cool off before our late lunch. Hadn't seen the movie in quite a while and enjoyed it..

LeCellier was prompt and friendly service. Chatted with the waitress about her mom being a Bruins fan (and lives in Canada) and how she liked Florida (she misses hockey!)

DS and I had filet and Nana had sirloin. Everyone was completely satisfied with the meal and DS especially liked the mashed potatoes! Desserts include the crisp, brulee and mousse.. all very good. Again, not sure why this has gotten some bad rap lately but throughly enjoyed as we have in the past.

Back to the Poly for a rest and DS went to arcade. Lost $10 when trying to get a new card and the Poly concierge refund easily..

Nana was tired so she decided to stay and rest with her book and awesome view.. while DS and I had back to MK for EMH.

We got there at 8:30 and were detoured BEHIND Main Street.. I have been there before (marched in a parade in H.S.) but I didn't enjoy seeing it this time.. I want to keep the magic is all I will say...:mickey:

We did HM, Splash (no line because it was cool) and got SOAKED! this is the first time that I have been in the line of fire of the water from the boat coming down. bad planning on my part... it was cold and wet and DS was missing his sister who would have gone again and again with him.

It was crowded this night, we got on a lot of things but missed a lot also.. Saw the 11:00 Electric Parade and even that was packed. We left at 12:30 aftr enjoying our time together. I wasn't thrilled about getting up in 5 hours for Chef Mickeys, but it was worth spending quality time together.

Tomorrow - Chef Mickeys? Studios and eating in France for the first time!

Overall Impressions

Chef Mickeys - So sad I messed this up, but it worked out well that we got to MK when gates opened

MK - this is my favorite park as well as DS and Nana. Never got on Space mountain, and only did Thunder mountain once but still a great time.

LeCellier - love it!

EMH - Not the experience we have had in the past with it being basically vacant for EMH. The crowds all weekend were much higher than I thought, A lot of people from England so wondering if there was a school vacation?

Weather - Warm but with a breeze, Epcot was hot but thats to be expected

Crowds - I think the only way to really get on rides was to be there first thing in the morning.. after that the waits were long and FP harder to come by.

faline
10-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Great, but quite long, Magic Kingdom day! Hope you didn't miss your Chef Mickey's reservation - I noticed the question mark you put after it?!

Suz36
10-30-2010, 05:42 PM
We had our first MK evening EMH experience in early October, and I was quite shocked at the crowds! Sounds like a great day. I love your idea for taking an individual trip with each child - I'll have to store that away in my memory for when they get a little older!

pdrlkr
10-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: