View Full Version : All Star Sports Review

SandmanGStefani24
10-29-2010, 09:29 PM
So my recent stay at AS Sports was pretty good. Here are the pros and cons for all those who might be thinking of staying there...

Check in was quick, friendly, and I was able to make a quick room change with ease. My room was on the top floor per my request, and was very clean. I am used to the value resorts being clean but with obvious missed/cut corners. This time however, my room was spotless. The showerhead was excellent and the temp was great. There was also 2 spare pillows above the hanger rack which I had not gotten before. Service at the food hall was also excellent. I ate there twice, and got great service from both the servers as well as the check out CM. Food was ok both times. I also recieved great service at the poolside bar as well. The resort grounds were also very clean.

My only minor gripes were...
1. noise. This is an issue at all value resorts but it was an issue nonetheless. Still, having a top floor does help a lot. I was lucky the first two nights but I still had the usual issue the 3rd night, with noise continuing till about 1am, and then starting up again at about 6am.
2.This is a little gripe, but still noticable. Last 2 trips I left the do not disturb tag in the door, and both times they left a bag with a note stating that they were glad to give us privacy but they wanted me to have some more towels just to be ok. This did not happen this time, and although I made due it was still noticable.
3. The resort seems a little dated in many areas. One major tip-off was the pictures of sports celebs and stars. I would say these were all taken around the early to mid 90s at best.

So, all that said I will say that this stay was great and I would not have trouble staying here again. I plan on exploring options for moderates next time, but I still think this place was a-ok. You should do fine.

If you think I left something out, or if you have questions please respond or reply. I'll try to give good info since many others before on Intercot have done the same for me!
Cheers! :beer:

ftwildernesskid
10-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks! I'm going to be booking our trip this weekend and am trying to decide between Sports and Movies. Glad you had such a good experience!

sainter
10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
One big "pro" for us is that Sports is the first on and the first off when sharing buses with the other All Stars!

MagicalGuest
11-01-2010, 08:46 AM
We've also had two great experiences at AS Sports! Re the noise issue: We always request a room around the corner from the quiet pool. You walk a little farther, but it's absolutely quiet.

It's also definitely a plus to be first on the AS bus line...you always get a seat going to the parks.