PDA

View Full Version : Moms Surprise 50th Birthday

DisneyGirl85
10-29-2010, 01:14 PM
My family and I (stepfather, brothers 10 & 27, myself-24) are going to Disney in December to surprise my mom for her 50th birthday :party:. We have never been there during the Christmas Holiday so we are doing MVMCP, but I was wondering if anyone had any other good ideas for making this trip extra special for her. Are there any places that go above and beyond for birthdays? Any ideas are appreciated!

faline
10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
There are lots of birthday celebrations at Disney so expect something huge. However, do be sure that the birthday is noted on all your reservations (sometimes restaurants will decorate the table or provide a cupcake or free dessert). Be sure to get the birthday button - that always gets one lots of well wishes from cast members and guests alike!

Here's some general information about celebrating birthdays at Disney (http://intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp).

You could also order a gift basket from Disney Florist to be delivered to your resort.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I celebrated my 50th birthday this past July at Disney. On my birthday we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace in MK.

The table was decorated and there was a birthday card for me signed by all the characters there.

At the end, they brought out a cup cake with a candle.

It was fun.

DisneyGirl85
10-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I made a reservation on her birthday for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table because she loved it last time we went. I wonder if they do something similar. Did you call Disney dining to make a note that it was your birthday? When we made our Disney reservations, they did make a note that we were celebrating her birthday.

faline
10-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, you need to note your celebration on each of your dining reservations. If you did not do so, I'd call Disney dining back and have them add this information to each of your dining reservations.