PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's almost live trip report - part 6

dlpmikki
10-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Tuesday 19th October (Day 8)We go to the Studios. I admit that Lotso is cuddly but I am not happy to have a cuddly toy as a bad guy in the movies. I have my picture taken with him anyway. He does smell of strawberries. I am less amused when the humans hold me up for pictures by the “Daycare” sign. Lucky for them I am so good natured! We also see a green army man who is nice to me.

The humans walk twice round the park looking for a snack before settling on flatbreads from Mama Melrose for lunch. They are yummy and the server, Michael, is the best they have had this trip.

Mikki is starting to get worried as nowhere seems to have the crocs she wants anymore so she drives to Downtown Disney. Here they are either too big or too small. The information desk says the only place on property with the right size is the shop at the Contemporary Resort - so Mikki has to go there. The nice valet people let us park on the forecourt while we run up to the shop. We have a slight delay as a voice calls out to Mikki – it is JohnY from Intercot. What a nice surprise. We go on to the shop and Mikki finds the shoes and buys them. We go home and have a cuddle. Prrrrrrr.

Wednesday 20th October (Day 9)We set out early to be in Epcot for opening. I get a picture with Daisy Duck before rope drop.

First stop is Soarin. It is first stop for just about everyone else too so the line is still long but the time we get there. We just take Fast passes and head towards Mission Space. This means we have to pass the Character Spot so we go in.

The line is not as long as it often is and the “minders” do not feel the same need to hurry people along. That is nice. I get pictures with Mickey and Pluto (who is very good and refuses my Mikki’s invitation to eat me) and then we go to Minnie Mouse. Minnie is in playful mood – but it is not me she wants to play with. She doesn’t even recognise me. She puts out one hand to push Mikki away before grabbing Andrew with both arms and hugging him. Other guests in the line look on amazed as Mikki explains she has had trouble like this with Minnie Mouse before (she was quite notorious when there were breakfasts at Hollywood and Vine). Fortunately, Mikki is satisfied that Andrew was not sufficiently encouraging for him to get into real trouble!

We walk on to Mission Space (Orange Team) where I am Pilot. Mission Space is great fun but Mikki is not sure she likes more than one ride at once.

We go back to Soarin and use our fast passes. I ride in the passenger compartment but enjoy the ride as much as the humans. A couple of quick stops and then we leave and head for a look around Walmart. We also go back to Bronze Lady and Mikki gets a couple more Mickey Inspearations figurines

Then we have lunch at a new place, Logan’s Roadhouse. The food was good but the service poor with orders not done right. I’m not sure if the humans will go again. Anyway after that it was back home for more cuddles and a quiet night in.

KylesMom
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
The humans walk twice round the park looking for a snack before settling on flatbreads from Mama Melrose for lunch. They are yummy and the server, Michael, is the best they have had this trip. One of our favorite places to go for lunch. If it's the same CM, I couldn't agree more - Michael's service is stellar! What a wonderful surprise today, running into John. Glad that the CR had Mikki's crocs you've been hunting for, too!

Great character interaction at Epcot for your humans. I can't believe Minnie ignored you, Figaro! I think a quiet night in is just what your humans need to recharge their batteries. Looking forward to your next adventure! :mickey:

faline
10-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Having to go to the Contemporary to get the shoes made for a happy chance meeting! Quiet evenings in are always quite nice!

Suz36
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
You all have such fun with the characters! I'm sad that my kids are starting to outgrow this. Thanks for the tip on the crocs - DH has been having trouble finding the ones he wants. We'll make sure to check at the Contemporary!

Bethis26fan
10-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a nice few days. It's wonderful pluto didn't want to eat you. :)

pdrlkr
10-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
11-02-2010, 11:40 PM
sounds like a nice couple of days..:mickey:

Joannelet
11-04-2010, 03:53 PM
THat was so nice of Pluto to not eat you! :)
Sorry Minnie ignored you. She was just scared of you. She is a mouse after all and you are a cat.....

vizsla
11-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.