PDA

View Full Version : Using ME if not yet on the reservation?

mickeymacnlinda
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
My wife and I will be traveling to the World soon for a two week stay. At some point our adult daughter may be joining us for the last part of our trip. Can she use ME to get to our resort and then be added to our room? We know there will be an additional $10 nightly cost for her and will pay that at the time she arrives. We don't want to add her beforehand in the event she can't join us. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

DizneyRox
10-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty sure only registered guests are entitled to ME. Otherwise they would be shuttling everyone and their uncle to WDW and then they could just get to their final destination from there.

Strmchsr
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure only registered guests are entitled to ME.

Correct. She could use it if she's already added to your reservation or if she has her own, but you can't use DME if you do not currently have a resort reservation.

As soon as you know she's definitely coming, call WDW reservations and add her then rather than waiting on her to arrive. At that point she would be able to use DME. Or, if you're already at the resort, walk to the concierge desk and they will help you straighten it out there.

mickeymacnlinda
10-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks DisneyRox and Chris. Once we know for sure she is joining us we will add her to the reservation. She won't have any luggage as we will bring that with us as we are driving. We will likely need to have her flight information. We had thought we would just go to the airport and pick her up and then check her into our room, but if her flight is late at night it will be so much easier to have her use ME. Thanks again.

disney obsessed
10-30-2010, 06:57 PM
When I was there this summer, I added my eldest when we were already there. They just needed 24 hour advance notice. We came in on Friday and she could not come in until Sunday. I added her Saturday. No questions, no issues, no extra charges.