PDA

View Full Version : How likely is a cancellation?

Jen C.
10-28-2010, 09:30 AM
After everyone's help here, we decided, and booked, GF Sugarloaf CL, from 11-12 through 11-17. We are REALLY excited!

As I do EVERY year, I am now wishing I would've booked the other option (this year it was Royal Palm ~main bldg~ CL). As of now, there is no availability at all for all nights in RP. My question is, how likely is it that something will "open up". Is it worth checking several times a day, or do I just be happy with what I've got?

megustamex
10-28-2010, 11:20 AM
It's always worth it to keep checking for cancellations. I've always been able to get the room I wanted by checking constantly. I usually try first thing every morning, and then maybe once or twice more throughout the day. Especially check around a week or two out when people are likely to cancel right before the 5-day prior cancellation period is in effect for room only rates. Someone might have your room reserved at the tail end of their week (which could be the beginning of yours), so check fervently about 2 weeks out. You are getting close to that date so start now!

Also, have you checked to see exactly which dates you are lacking by doing a day by day search for the room? That can help you pinpoint how good your chances are - if you're only missing one day in the middle, you have a greater likelihood of the room opening up. You'll also be able to see if there is the option to switch rooms halfway if you are really set on it. Good luck!

SBETigg
10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I booked a garden view last Poly visit, and then decided I wanted Lagoon View Club level, but it was all booked up. In the end, I had a great stay (and a decent view) and it didn't matter that I couldn't get what I wanted. But I did keep looking, even up to minute of checking in, and nothing opened up. So keep checking, but know that you're going to have an amazing trip either way.

Jen C.
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM
I would like to answer my own question.....

VERY LIKELY!!! We got it! Changed to Royal Palm for all 5 nights. So thrilled! Keep trying, there's Disney magic everywhere!! :party:

SBETigg
10-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I would like to answer my own question.....

VERY LIKELY!!! We got it! Changed to Royal Palm for all 5 nights. So thrilled! Keep trying, there's Disney magic everywhere!! :party:

Oh yay, Jen! Enjoy. I hope you write a trip report, would like to know how that goes for you.

TheRustyScupper
10-28-2010, 04:06 PM
VERY LIKELY!!! We got it!

I love it when a plan comes together!