PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's almost live trip report - part 5 first MNSSHP

dlpmikki
10-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Sunday 17th October (Day 6)We have “Not So Scary” tickets for tonight so the humans worked out a plan of a lazy morning and going to the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon – while they could still park free with an Annual Pass.

We don’t go straight to MK, but stop at the Polynesian and have lunch at Kona Cafe. The food is good but the server not. Fortunately we are not in a hurry and are in comfy seats. We tried the Banana chocolate crème brulee to share for dessert. It was very yummy.

Once in the MK it is nice and quiet. We explore Tomorrowland to look for possible character meets in the evening. My Mikki is a “cosmic commando” on Buzz Lightyear and they go on the newly renamed Peoplemover. Ah that brings back memories!
Then we move round to Frontierland and Mikki does Big Thunder Mountain while Andrew and I sit in the shade. Then we ride Pirates of the Caribbean. When we come out we see Goofy as a Pirate so get pictures with him. It is still an hour to the party but they are already feeling weary. Not a good sign.

As the party gets going, the park fills up: busier than during the day. It’s fun that so many people dress up. Most are more elaborate than my humans – but at least their shirts covered with glowing skulls were on a Halloween theme. Otherwise, Mikki spotted everything from pirates and princesses to a few refugees from Star Trek! As we waited for Mickey Mouse, we were surrounded by so many TinkerBells that I wondered if we were in the wrong line! It was nice to discover when we arrived in his room that Minnie was with him – but even they hadn’t got Halloween costumes on (I’m sure they have them). He was a pirate and she a princess (just as they used for the Pirate and Princess Party).

On the way out of Toontown we discovered the spot where all seven dwarfs were waiting (on the path between two lots of boarding for the redevelopment of Fantasyland). It was another long wait but rather more worthwhile for something unusual. Andrew tried to cheer up the dwarf next to him by pointing out he was taller than Andrew but the dwarf stayed Grumpy.

Mikki looked at the special party pins but didn’t buy anything (she must have been tired!). She had wanted to see the Villains Mix, but by the time she had seen the fireworks she decided we were all so tired it was time to go.

Monday 18th October (Day 7)Monday we have a quiet start because we are due at a Marriott presentation at Grande Vista at 10.45 a.m.. Marriott is changing its system from buying a week to a points system that sounds very like Disney. The lady who invited us to the presentation gave us the impression we could convert but it turned out that – for the moment – owners at resorts in Europe can not. Generally, the system sounded interesting and I am sure my humans will watch how things are going to see if Marriott can include their resort at Disneyland Paris. Sadly, as I get ready to post this a week later, I suspect their interest in Marriott resorts may have increased a lot!

Next, the humans go shopping again. I stay at home and rest. They go to Prime outlets and of course the Disney outlet. They are pleased to find this food court does not have the huge noisy screens. A few more bits of window shopping and they come back to give me a cuddle.

faline
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Seeing all seven dwarves is quite an accomplishment! A couple of days that are a mix of fun and relaxation!

KylesMom
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Andrew tried to cheer up the dwarf next to him by pointing out he was taller than Andrew but the dwarf stayed Grumpy. Too funny! :D

Suz36
10-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Character meet and greets are always so much fun! And resisting buying pins? Was she feeling OK????

pdrlkr
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
sorry everyone was a bit tired to enjoy the party..but still seems like everyone had a nice time..

Joannelet
11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh that Grumpy....nothing can cheer him up :)
LOL
Glad you had a good party night (even though you were tired)
Still a good day!

vizsla
11-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the report.