PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club babe's 2 Trips In 2 Weeks Final Thoughts

Beach Club Babe
10-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Just some final thoughts about our recet trips.

All Star Music

I enjoyed this resort very much. Out of the three All Stars, this is my favorite. Rose happens to agree on this. As for the values in general, I give a very slight edge to Pop Century, only because it has its own bus service. The bus service was still very good at ASMu though. Our for our room, the location was excellent. It was your basic value room, but it was clean and functional. The food court was typical, but had no issues here either. The activities around the pool were fun and a welcome surprise. Always something to do!

Coronado Springs Resort

We did enjoy this resort. However, I will say that is definitely not our favorite moderate, nor is it second. I definitely prefer Caribbean Beach and French Quarter to it. The bus service was abysmal, by far the worst we've experienced in a long time. As for the pools, the kids and I really enjoyed the main pool, nd especially the slide for Emily, but the pool in the Casitas section was too deep for kids 8 and under. It was refreshing, but not as much as it should have been since Em could barely stand anywhere in it. The Spa at the main pool was just perfect for tired, aching muscles. Our room itself was lovely. Very spacious, and the queen beds were most welcome. We also appreciated the sliding doors between the bedroom and sink area, especially when Hallie was still sleeping! The regular hair dryer was also very much appreciated. The decor of the room was very nice, as well as the decor in general of the Casitas section. As for location,while I did appreciate that we were not in the far back of the resort, it was still quite a hike to anywhere in the resort from building 2. It was also a tad confusing, and I think each time that we walked to el centro, we discovered a new route just by getting mixed up. We only used the Pepper Market one time and while I had no problem with it, the guys did not really like the set up. Cafe Rix was a great way to avoid long lines and pick up quick snacks or milk for the baby. We used this every day.

Dining

We did not have one bad sit down meal on either trip. We added some new favorites in Chefs de France and Nine Dragons. The only thing disappointing was that it was so hard to get normal ADR times and some restaurants because of the free dining. Not complaining too much though, because we did use it. As for counter service, most of the food was fine, and only one not so good experience that I remember. However, this new system for seating,imho, is for the birds. It is much too difficult when traveling with a large party or a handicapped person.

Parks

The parks looked great. Everything was fresh and clean, well except for Casey's during that torrential rain. Cast members in general were friendly. However that one at Epcot on the last day really pushed my buttons. Crowds were surprisingly light, except for that last day in MK.

All in all we had 2 great trips and looking forward to the next!

faline
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your summary! We have yet to experience the new seating process at the counter services.

KylesMom
10-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Heather, thanks for once again sharing your family and memories with us. Honestly, it's hard to believe how time flies - and how quickly your kids have grown up. WOW! I hope another trip is in the works, if nothing else than for you to see Courtney during the holidays! :santa: Thanks again for sharing all of the details with us! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Always enjoy your trip reports. You always seem to get so much done --- even with little ones.:mickey:

DizNee143
10-28-2010, 11:08 PM
thanx again for sharing your trips with us! i always enjoy reading about your adventures! :mickey:

Suz36
10-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Thank you for sharing your wonderful trips with us - I've really enjoyed reading them! Glad to hear you liked ASMu - it's next up for us, our first Value experience.

pdrlkr
10-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :smickey:

princessgirls
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Heather,
I ALWAYS enjoy reading your trip reports. I can't believe how old your kids are getting. Emily is 7...oh my! Hallie 16 months old...ALREADY????

Until your next trip...don't be a stranger on the boards.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into your reports.
Julie:mickey:

vizsla
11-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the reports, I enjoyed reading them.