PDA

View Full Version : I just upgraded from ASMo to POFQ. Did I make a good choice?

Disney Hungarian
10-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I just got off the phone with reservations and upgraded from ASMo to POFQ. I have never stayed at POFQ and was wondering if I made the right choice. The upgrade only cost $190 including taxes. It seemed like a fair price.

cfoshe
10-27-2010, 12:37 PM
DW and I have stayed their 4 years ago. It was a very nice and quiet place to stay. Loved the themeing of the resort as well. The past 3 trips we have stayed at riverside because of 5. That is a nice resort too except the bus comes from POFQ first.

Disney Hungarian
10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
... a very nice and quiet place to stay.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping for. The All Stars are a bit too rowdy for me at times.:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
If you're looking for quiet and peaceful you definitely did right. POFQ is one of my favorite places. It's more New Orleans than it is Disney (AsMo is the best Disney themed place) but it's also less noisy.

MarkC
10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Ab so lute ly.

vicster
10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Love POFQ - it's a small resort and everything's in walking distrance. There's also a nice boat ride back from The Marketplace.

Disney Hungarian
10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Seems like I did ok then. My ex-gf that I'm going with is splitting the costs, so I tried to keep the costs down. I will just foot the bill on this upgrade and not bother with splitting.:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
We did the same! Upgraded from POP to POFQ. I just didn't want to go back to the values this trip. We do the values sometimes, but I really like the mods better, and POFQ is the best moderate (of course I have to add "in my opinion")!

I think you did a great thing! ENJOY!

E-OR
10-27-2010, 04:15 PM
We have stayed at both a few times. We love movies for a value resort. When we stay at a moderate we love POFQ. The resort is small enough that no matter where you are you're close to the pool, food court, bus, boat ride to DD, and laundry. It is quiet and relaxed. We stayed at CBR in September and decided that, althought CBR is a beautiful resort, we really love POFQ for everything I mentioned above. We always ask for building 5. It is a lovely view of the court yard or pool, depending what side you get, and close to everything. We'll be staying at POFQ next September.

Disney Hungarian
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
We always ask for building 5. It is a lovely view of the court yard or pool, depending what side you get, and close to everything.

Thanks, for the building advice. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
1) Excellent choice.
2) Our favorite Moderate.
. . . small
. . . quaint
. . . quiet
. . . rooms are close to buses and food
. . . nice pool and great slide
. . . good hot tub
. . . super food court and bakery
. . . bar has good jazz at night

darthmacho
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Values are fine, but the moderates are much better. You made the right choice. If you have time, visit POR for a bit, as you can walk or take the boat. I recommend Boatwright's if you're looking for sit-down meal options. :mickey:

disneymom2000
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Definitely the right choice. However, once you stay at POFQ you won't ever want to stay in a value property again. Be prepared for a great resort.

Disney Hungarian
10-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Definitely the right choice. However, once you stay at POFQ you won't ever want to stay in a value property again. Be prepared for a great resort.

Thanks, I just got back from a stay at the BC 10/4 to 10/8. I have stayed at most of the resorts. I just have not stayed at POFQ. For me it typically depends on who I am going with. I like the values with the nephews. Loved the Deluxe with mom...etc.:mickey:

TiggeRia
10-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Loved, loved, loved POFQ!!

LudwigVonDrake
10-31-2010, 11:39 AM
I love POFQ. It's small, compact and you HAVE to try the beignets :tasty:

PoohnTink
10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
It has been a few years since we stayed here and that time things were looking pretty worn in tired. Have they done any renewing of the rooms lately?

Gator
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
YEEEESSSSSS!!!! The bus service can only be better at POFQ. Plus, the larger rooms are something you don't think is necesary until you have a small room. You made the right choice.