PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland Discount card...

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 12:16 PM
What is it? Never heard of it before.

BugeyedMuggy
10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
It gives you 20% off dining bills. This is off the entire bill but it automatically adds an 18% tip. Taken at most disney table restaurants. We also got other discounts off culinary demos at the W&FF

Melanie
10-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Tables in Wonderland (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp)

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
T here's a cost per person?

Melanie
10-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Cost?

From the link I provided above:

Florida Residents Membership - $100.00
Annual & Season Passholders - $75.00
Add a second membership for your spouse or partner - $50
Lost or stolen cards - $50 replacement charge

faline
10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Personally, I think this card is a better deal than free dining. It allows us to eat the way we want. True, it generally is not recognized at counter service locations but, because we often tend to eat at locations that require 2 table service credits on the dining plan, eat more often at table service locations than counter service, and often do not order desserts, it works well for us.

Many have indicated that the dining plan (particularly free dining) works for larger families but, with a family of 2, we have not found the dining plan to be a real deal for us.

KylesMom
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
As a family of 3, we also find the Tables in Wonderland (formerly Disney Dining Experience) membership to be much more economical than the dining plan. We usually eat one TS meal per day, and we also like to include cocktails with our meals. It's a win-win situation for us - we typically save $275 or thereabouts each trip. The caveat? You have to be A/P holders or Florida residents.

John
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Just got mine last week and used it probably 5 time already - made up for the cost and started paying me back :)

CanadianWDWFan
10-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Another :thumbsup:here! We have been exclusively using the Tables in Wonderland for the last 4 years and have NEVER once regretted it.

Our boys don't eat typical kids meals and prefer adult tastes. Anyway, we prefer appetizers to desserts so the dining plan doesn't cater to us there. Plus you also get the discount applied to adult type drinks as well. :cheers:

An added bonus is that at resorts where there is no sit-down dining you can use the card at the food court. So at the All-Stars, POP and POFQ it is accepted for dining.

Melanie
10-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Love my card! It's saved us a bundle over the year.

Melanie
10-28-2010, 09:23 PM
An added bonus is that at resorts where there is no sit-down dining you can use the card at the food court. So at the All-Stars, POP and POFQ it is accepted for dining.

And strangely enough (not that I'm complaining), the counter service restaurants in AK are also included. :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
We have used it for several years and find TIW has saved us a bundle. Especially when we are able to fit multiple trips in during the year it is valid. We use the same strategy for our APs :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
We got it last year in December, and it has saved us a ton. We have started eating at more TS's than before, and it saves. We are more inclined to eat at TS now that we can get a little bit of a discount. We like it that it can take the math out of a tip for a decent server (meets expectations) but gives you the ability to tip more for excellent service.

It can be used at the CS locations at some Moderates and All Values (awesome if you are staying there!) and at a few CS locations in AK.

Paid for itself, for sure!

brivers222
11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
just wish you didn't have to either be a florida resident or have to bump up to an AP... not having the extra cost of an annual pass makes the Dining plan a better option for us! perhaps if we lived closer and could go more than once every year and a half it would be a better deal :(