PDA

View Full Version : Ticket transferred to KTTW? NOPE.

MCeee
10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi guys...
I've read over & over on the Intercot boards that if I purchase my Theme Park Hoppers in advance of check in at my resort (we arrive one day before check in, but early enough to want to go to a park), that, after check in, I could have them added to our KTTW cards. I wanted to make sure so I called WDW today to ask... and they said, in no uncertain terms, "Nope... they used to do that but no any more." :(
Anybody else experience this change or heard any different than this CM?
We really wanted to get our tix from the official Intercot ticket center, but now we're afraid to get them until we get there! Anyone else I should call to verify?

Strmchsr
10-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I would call your resort directly or at least verify with another CM. If they've changed that policy, it's only been VERY recently. Sometimes, unfortunately, you get in touch with a CM that doesn't know what they are talking about.

MCeee
10-27-2010, 12:23 PM
I had that thought as well Stormy... I'll do that asap.
Thx
Mitchell

ToraTory
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi guys...
... I could have them added to our KTTW cards. ...

All these gosh darn abbreviations make me crazy!! Can some kind person please tell me what the heck a KTTW card is :mickey:

thanks -- tory

Melanie
10-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Key to the World.

Strmchsr
10-27-2010, 01:00 PM
All these gosh darn abbreviations make me crazy!! Can some kind person please tell me what the heck a KTTW card is

For future reference, here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) is a link that will give you a rundown of the most common abbreviations, though it does seem we need to add KTTW to that list.

Melanie
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
And it's also very helpful if the original post contains the spelled out phrase, followed then by the abbreviation.

Dyanna
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I have always purchased my tickets in advance of our trip & had them transferred to the resort key (KTTW). I would hope that this is still the case as It is really is much easier to carry around 1 card pp instead of 2.

MCeee
10-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Dyanna! How recently did you do this... also where did you purchase the tickets you had before you checked in?
Thx in advance.

Dyanna
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
MCeee, our last trip that this was done was in Nov of 2008 so it is possible that the rules have changed. I hope not as I stated that this would be an inconvenience to many people. The tickets I have purchased were bought from an outside online source.

MCeee
10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I called the resort (SSR) directly, and they said that they couldn't answer the question yet because my check-in was more than a week away.
Soooo I guess I'll call back in a few days. Ya know... just tryin to get some stuff out of the way (and out of my mind).;)

BrerGnat
10-27-2010, 02:41 PM
We were NOT able to do this on our last trip. We had purchased our park hoppers on base (military) prior to the trip. When we got there, we asked during our check in (club level) and they could not do it. Maybe because they were military tickets? They were NOT the special Armed Forces Salute tickets, but they did say "military" on them, since we purchased them through our ITT office for a discounted price.

MCeee
10-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for your input BrerGnat. Tix purchased through military could be it, but one would think that would have said that.

BTW, my wife and I were recently in Irvine on business... enjoyed it very much. We actually stayed with friends in Oceanside and drove up for the day... drove back along the coast... fabulous!

CleveRocks
10-27-2010, 07:11 PM
You absolutely CAN have tickets put onto your room key.

There are 2 telephone problems above:
1) The cast members at 407-W-DISNEY are NOT experts in ticketing or resort policies or theme parks, etc. They are trained ONLY in resort and dining reservations, period. Not a week goes by here at Intercot when we read about someone being horribly misinformed by the folks at 407-W-DISNEY.

2) There's no way to call the resort directly. The listed numbers for individual resorts don't connect to those resorts, they go to Disney's Main Switchboard (that's the actual name of it) which is a centralized call center. When you're talking to them, you are NOT talking to the resort ... that person might not even be in the state of Florida!

Goofy4TheWorld
10-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I agree with CleveRocks that it certainly can be done, and that calling any Disney telephone number will generally put you in touch with someone who is clueless. However, the first thing that popped into my mind when reading your post was maybe all the craziness that has come out of the two-day-turned-into-two-week computer upgrade has limited their ability to do this.

If the computer problems are not the answer, then I know they could do it in June 2010 because they did it for me at the Contemporary.

BrerGnat
10-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for your input BrerGnat. Tix purchased through military could be it, but one would think that would have said that.

BTW, my wife and I were recently in Irvine on business... enjoyed it very much. We actually stayed with friends in Oceanside and drove up for the day... drove back along the coast... fabulous!

Funny, I used to live in Oceanside before we moved to Irvine. Liked Oceanside well enough...LOVE LOVE LOVE Irvine. Wish I never had to leave. :(