PDA

View Full Version : Tent Camping

BAMABOY
10-27-2010, 09:02 AM
My wife (who thinks I am crazy and thinks Disney is not a relaxing vacation :confused: ) does not want to go back this comming year so the Boys, 9 and 10, and I are going to try camping in a tent in Ft Wilderness. I have stayed there 3 times before but never in a tent. What would the best time of year to do this and has anyone else gives this a try?

joonyer
10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
The obvious best times would be Fall or Spring, when the weather is mild. We have camped there in October with our Pop-Up (sort of like a tent) and it was very comfortable. The coldest part of winter and obviously the heat of summer would be the least comfortable, especially at night. The summertime humidity in central Florida is pretty miserable. Can you say SWEATY? At least in the winter you can bundle up.

faline
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Our first few trips to Disney were in our Coleman tent. We found October to be a very comfortable month for camping (though I've been in some recent years where even the evenings stay pretty muggy). We also tent camped in May and we were fine with that as well.

ibrowse17
10-27-2010, 06:20 PM
FW is a wonderful place to tent camp, and we have done so many times. Avoid the summer at all costs. The last time we tent camped it was during Febuary, and it was wonderful weather. Totally agree with Oct or Nov as best:thumbsup: