PDA

View Full Version : Late Hoop-Dee-Doo for 2?

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Has anyone ever done the Hoop-Dee-Doo late for a night out? I was thinking on our next trip to the World maybe DH and I could leave the 4 children asleep with my parents and sneak out for a fun night just the two of us. I am throwing a few ideas around and this just popped into my head.

Where would they seat a party of 2? Last time I was there I noticed that the main floor seating was mostly large parties. I don't want to be shoved in a corner.

On our last visit to the HDDR DH wasn't with us yet. He had to arrive late and missed it. I thought it might be fun just the two of us. I don't think DS (2 ish) would sit if we went as a family.

Goes4FastPass
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I have done a second show table for 2 at Hoop De Doo and it was fun. I held my wife's hand, looked into her beautiful dark eyes.. and burped! "Ya want another rib darlin'?"

Can you? Yes. The experience would certainly be different than with the kids and grandparents and if your mindset is to go have fun then why not?

The devil on my shoulder keeps saying, "Parents night out late dinner means Cali Grill or Narcoossee's" which could be fun - but they ain't Hoop De Doo!

Another factor here could be where are you staying? There are many WDW late dinner choices for parent's night out - so you could plan place that's an easy stroll at or near your resort - but they ain't Hoop De Doo!

faline
10-26-2010, 06:09 PM
We've gone several times as a party of two. We've been everywhere from right at the front of the stage to the upper level on one side or the other. I can't ever remember having a really bad table when we've attended!

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:24 PM
I have done a second show table for 2 at Hoop De Doo and it was fun. I held my wife's hand, looked into her beautiful dark eyes.. and burped! "Ya want another rib darlin'?"

:laughing:

The devil on my shoulder keeps saying, "Parents night out late dinner means Cali Grill or Narcoossee's" which could be fun - but they ain't Hoop De Doo!

We do that type of dining often at home for our nights out so I thought the Hoop-Dee-Doo would be something fun and different.

Another factor here could be where are you staying? There are many WDW late dinner choices for parent's night out - so you could plan place that's an easy stroll at or near your resort - but they ain't Hoop De Doo!

Coronado Springs and as much as we love the resort Maya Grill not so much. A quick hop out okay but a planned just the two of us night, nah.

brivers222
10-26-2010, 10:32 PM
we sat on the main floor last table (pretty much center) it was a party of two.... Had awesome seats and had a blast

Here is my album from the show:
http://family.webshots.com/album/578818504piYBrL?start=12

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:45 PM
we sat on the main floor last table (pretty much center) it was a party of two.... Had awesome seats and had a blast

Here is my album from the show:
http://family.webshots.com/album/578818504piYBrL?start=12

Those were great seats! Thank you so much for sharing your honeymoon pictures! Congratulations!

brivers222
10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Those were great seats! Thank you so much for sharing your honeymoon pictures! Congratulations!

hehe thanks.. engagement actually.... honeymoon is 12/2011 :D

But yeah they really were awesome seats. We were on the back edge, but actually I enjoyed the feeling of not having tables of people surrounding us from all sides. Plus we tended to get our food and beverage refilled first.... which is highly important when you have all you can eat Ribs and all you can drink beer!!

kemps@wdw
11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Good food, good fun, and good company. What's not to enjoy? We've done the HDDMR on EVERY trip we've made to the World. Whether with 9 or 3, we've keep coming back. With our party of 9, we were seated in center floor. With 3, we were in the upper level. Both views were great, and the Players interacted with us just the same.