PDA

View Full Version : Have them double check if room isn't ready!!

Polynesian Dweller
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
When we checked in last week at the Poly CL, we were told that our room wasn't ready. Another CM who was passing by took a look at the screen and told the other to go check because that might be one of the rooms still not updating correctly. Sure enough, 2 minutes later after they checked the room was found to be actually ready and they made a call to have the status changed to available and we were in.

Apparently, since the recent software upgrades there are many rooms in the resorts that don't always show ready even though Mousekeeping has entered them as available.

JoDisney
10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Our room at the WL was also in fact ready. We were told that they would text us when it was ready. We never received a text and the room was ready. We had to go and ask to find out it was ready.

Disney4us2
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully all the kinks will be ironed out before we check in on Dec. 1st.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Good to know thank you! Unfortunately for me we won't be there anytime soon. :(

Ksmith75
10-26-2010, 07:19 PM
We checked into the POR in April. Our room was not ready, so we checked our bags and hopped a bus to a park and got the text that our room was ready....we just laughed...

goofygirl67
10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Last year I was staying at OKW and got the text while standing at the counter. I went to the room though and it was still being cleaned. I went to DTD for lunch and it was ready when I got back.

DisneyDudet
10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Last year I was staying at OKW and got the text while standing at the counter. I went to the room though and it was still being cleaned. I went to DTD for lunch and it was ready when I got back.

I got a text as I turned away from the counter once! I will remember this when we go in December!

Polynesian Dweller
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
In the situation I mentioned above, we got the text 5 minutes after we got into the room. Just be sure to have them check even after being told your room isn't ready.