PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration available?

NewDVCowner
10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Good morning,

In December I'll be going down to WDW with my family. Because my mom wanted to avoid a red eye flight we'll be flying in the day before and staying overnight in an offsite hotel before getting to AKL EARLY in the morning. Because it will be so early (we're thinking 6:00 am) we figure our room will not be available and we'll need to leave our bags. We'll be renting a car for that first day and were planning on going to a grocery store to pick up some stuff. Most things (crackers, granola bars, etc) will not need refrigeration, however we also wanted to pick up stuff like milk, cheese, etc. Is there refrigeration available in the checked bags area, or is this stuff that we should just plan on buying from the store at the hotel after we get our room?

Thanks so much!

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm sure you'll have no trouble with your groceries being refrigerated. We order from Garden Grocer every year and they deliver to the resort before we arrive. Bell services always refrigerates what needs to be refrigerated until we arrive to pick them up. I would consolidate your perishable items as best you can and ask bell services to refrigerate them for you.

I think that the DVC resorts are more familiar with this type of accommodation than most resorts as all of their units have refrigerators and I think a vast member of their guests utilize the kitchen areas.

NewDVCowner
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks! That's good to hear!