PDA

View Full Version : ME question...

LandFan
10-26-2010, 07:57 AM
I think this will be fine but I'd just like some verification from someone who has done it before...:mickey:

We are arriving on a Saturday night (plane lands around 7pm) and have a 9pm ressie for Kouzzina. I'd like to just hop on a bus to the Boardwalk Inn instead of going to Pop first to check in... If I do early check-in online, I should be able to just tell the people at the ME desk and have them put me on a bus to the Boardwalk Inn, right? THen my luggage will still go to Pop and I can just pick up my check-in stuff when we get back to Pop after dinner...

Thanks!
31 days!

Goofy4TheWorld
10-26-2010, 08:45 AM
While I have no first-hand experience with ME, from what I have read on Intercot you are NOT allowed to board a bus that is not your resort's bus. The only way you could get off at the Boardwalk was if the Boardwalk resort and Pop resort bus were shared busses, which I doubt they are.

I don't understand why ME would get all bent out of shape about it, but from I have read, it is how they operate, you must ride your assigned bus.

LandFan
10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Sigghh...:confused: If that is the case, then I'll pay for a taxi... It does seem kinda silly though. I mean I understand that it wouldn't be great for big groups or if it was a common occurance. Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask at the ME desk when I get to Orlando International...

SBETigg
10-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Your best bet is probably to just grab a taxi from POP to Boardwalk once you're dropped off from ME. In all likelihood, you will have plenty of time and a cab to that area will be under $15 with tip, which isn't bad and saves you the hassle of heading to a park or Downtown Disney to transfer buses to Boardwalk after arrival. Plus you have the peace of dropping off any carry-ons and checking out your room situation first if you want. Otherwise, if you have more than enough time and want to save the money, you could bus to Hollywood Studios and walk or take the boat from there.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 04:00 PM
I too am unsure if that is possible or not but keep in mind that even if they put you on a ME that is slotted to go to BW it could be the last stop out of three possible stops. Even then you may not make it. To save yourself money you could take the ME to your resort then take a taxi over to the BW. That would clear up any confusion, get you to your destination quickly, and be a cheaper option than a taxi from the airport.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Apparently I missed SBETigg's post. :blush:

Ooops!

Hey great minds think alike right? :mickey:

LandFan
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
THanks guys - you are right - Pop is the first stop on the AKL loop so it probably would be the quickest way to go...

I just am determined to get to Kouzzina as we really want to try it and they are going down for refurb 2 days later (and I don't want to give up my Le Cellier dinner on the night in between, lol!).

SBETigg
10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
THanks guys - you are right - Pop is the first stop on the AKL loop so it probably would be the quickest way to go...

I just am determined to get to Kouzzina as we really want to try it and they are going down for refurb 2 days later (and I don't want to give up my Le Cellier dinner on the night in between, lol!).

It's worth it. If you're a seafood fan, get the Fisherman's Stew, amazing. If you're not, I recommend the lamb shank, also amazing. The lamb burger in the trio, also amazing. You're sensing a pattern of amazing?

CleveRocks
10-27-2010, 07:06 PM
There's no such thing as the "AKL loop." There are no pre-set groupings of resorts, and no pre-set order of drop-offs. In fact, the driver decides on the order.

LandFan
10-27-2010, 08:37 PM
CleveRocks: ok the "AK" area or quadrant then (as my ME tags always say "AK" in large letters on them - maybe that's just for the luggage people, who knows). Pop has always been the first drop off for us on over the last 8 trips so I am just guessing it will most likely be the first again...

Oh, and I am torn between the Fisherman's Stew and the Whole Fish - so thanks for the info about the Stew!!