PDA

View Full Version : Which Stroller?

thecotos
10-25-2010, 09:27 PM
We are taking our 13 month old son in November. Does anyone recommend a style of stroller to take? Jogging stroller or a regular stroller (not an umbrella stroller).

kakn7294
10-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I would consider the following things when deciding which one to take (and not necessarily in this order):

size, weight, and ease of folding & carrying, especially if using Disney transportation & for storage in your room

storage for all the stuff you will need to carry

comfort for you little one for the entire day - a reclining seat and a sun-blocking shade are a must

maneuverability through crowds

I have no experience with a jogger and it's been a long time since we used a stroller but I can tell you that the smaller and lighter, the better! Just make sure it meets all of your needs for the trip.

thecotos
10-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks Kathy! At this point it's a toss up. He is comfy in both. The jogger is a little heavier but has a swivel front wheel so its just a maneuverable. We will have our own car so the only place we are going to use Disney Transport is from the TTC to the MK. They both have good sun shades and lots of storage. The jogger has rubber wheels. the regular one has plastic ones. The jogger has two cup holders for the parents, the regular has one (both have two for the kid). Both have removable trays....ugh we can't decide. I think we can't go wrong with either. I just don't want to be in too many people's way and we want the little guy to be comfy.

Anyone got any other wisdom? Personal experience?

White Rose
10-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I did a stint in the "Baby Gear" department of Babies R Us and sort of became an unofficial expert on all things stroller/car seat related.

Truly? Go with the regular stroller. I don't know about the kind of jogging stroller you have or intend to use, but they are MUCH wider by comparison to a regular stroller. In WDW, with large groups of people, I would go with the regular stroller.

Is it part of a travel system? I don't know if you own Graco or not, but Graco makes an AWESOME light weight stroller--called the "LiteRider." Also, would your son still be in the infant car seat? Eh, probably not at 13 months...if he would be, then, I would totally suggest the Graco/generic frame that you just snap the infant car seat into.

The Chico Cortina is also an excellent choice and, if you do consider going umbrella in the future, Maclaren. All the comforts of a regular stroller but with half the weight and they last well into the toddler years! :thumbsup:

Phew, hope that possibly helped a little bit. I spent waaay too much time during my shifts trying out the best strollers to make the best recommendations. :blush:

Have a great trip!

r4kids
10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
We absolutely LOVE our MacLaren Triumph. It is great in terms of lightweight, maneuverer wonderfully (even one-handed), great storage bag, fits through single doorways easily, etc. We have 4 kids and have had it for 3 years and are preparing to buy the double stroller for our 3 foster children. They tend to be a bit more expensive but sooooo worth it!!

bostonsam
10-26-2010, 10:13 AM
The last 2 trips we needed to bring a stroller and I can honestly say I found the one we brought too big at times.It was supposed to fold up with 1 push of a button but never did that lol always a struggle.The parade times were the hardest to maneuver through.An umbrolla is light and some come with a covering too...If your child was younger than a year old(at time of trip)then yes a regular umbrolla would be uncomfortable,causeing slouching;) After our last trip "07" we said wouldn't return until children were stroller free lol should be like a new experience being able to walk with them.Now comes the "hold my hand at all times" part to teach:)

MommaMouse
10-26-2010, 11:38 AM
We brought our 13 month old down to Disney for the first time and brought our City Mini made by baby jogger. It was either that or the umbrella stroller that I bought (it was a fully reclining one but the sun shade wasn't quite good enough to cover him in case he wanted to nap in it). The city mini was a bit bulkier and heavier (rubber wheels not plastic) but the ride was more comfortable, the seat would fully recline and the shade covered him up during his naps. I'm thinking you go with the stroller that can recline and the one with the best shade to beat that Florida sun.:mickey:

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
We have four children (14, 6, 4 and 19 months) We have been traveling to the world for many, many years and have taken all sorts of strollers. Joggers and regular.

Honestly I think it is mostly what your child is most comfortable in. I have found that the most comfortable for my children is the regular stroller. The jogger tends to "hug" the kids a little more and I found it to be a little warmer because the air didn't circulate as well. The regular stroller gives them a little more room to stretch out.

We also use the clip on fans to help circulate the air in the stroller.

Good luck!

P.S. - If you take the monerail you don't have to fold the stroller just wheel it right on. I'm not sure of the ferry since we never take it.

diz_girl
10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
If he is comfy in both, then take the one that you prefer to use. Since you won't be lugging it onto buses, then weight shouldn't matter. You can just roll it onto the monorail at the TTC. Personally, I'd go with the jogger, since it has the extra cupholder. We've never actually owned a regular stroller, just a jogger (Baby Trend) and an umbrella (Maclaren Triumph), so I'm a little biased towards joggers. We also have the stroller frame that you pop an infant seat into, so we used that when DS was a newborn and couldn't sit up in a stroller.