PDA

View Full Version : Which week has less crowds?

Ropachs
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Although we have a December trip coming up, I'm already looking ahead a few years - to when it will be much harder to take DS out of school. So I'm looking at the week after school ends which is the last 4/5ish days of June and first couple days of July or the week before he goes back which would be the last few days of August and first few of September. Anyone gone at either of those times? How were the crowds - and was the heat unbearable? Thanks!

Ms. Mode
10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Yes, we always went the week before school started in August, usually around the 14th of the month. It is very, very hot..easily around 100 per day and it's crowded. On the bright side, if you know how to use the FP it's ok, and we found that if you take a break around 2pm and go back to the resort for nap/pool time you catch your second breath and can go the rest of the evening in the parks. :mickey:

We went in January this year and it was record cold temps. We loved the change and plan to go again for this New Year's. Having said that, my DD has asked us to plan an August trip for 2011 if we can swing it, because she loves WDW in the summer too. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Strictly in terms of crowds, end of August/first of September would be much better. Disney does some cool stuff for the 4th of July, but it's very crowded around that time.

disneymom15
10-25-2010, 03:29 PM
We were there this past Sept 5-12 and last year Aug 28-Sept 4. Crowds were very reasonable. Weather was warm but not unbearable. It's one of my favorite times to go.

MagicalGuest
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
We also go in late August every year. Crowds aren't bad...just for rides like Soarin' and Pan. It was very hot, though, so for you it will depend on how much heat you can take. Our approach was to sleep in a bit, swim in the morning, get to the parks for lunch, then enjoy the parks (more indoor or water attractions) when more people left to go to the pools. Then, on to dinner and evening parades. Long day, but it minimized the crowds.

Also, in late August you have the benefit of free dining next year — definitely a plus!