PDA

View Full Version : No More EMH in DAK???

GothMickey
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Rumor has it TDO will cut EMH in DAK starting in or around February 2011. I will stress I know this only to be a rumor. Other sites have picked up on this and is reporting it as fact. Since I cannot verify, I will treat this as rumor, unless someone at Intercot can verify.

If this IS true, then we have seen LMA shows cut, Fantasmis cut, American Idol cut, elements of MNSSHP cut, and continued cheapness at the Walt Disney World resort. Anyone want to finally get on upper management's case and protest loudly against the mishandling of WDW by Team Disney Orlando?

Ian
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Not sure I'm feeling the outrage on this one. DAK is the least popular Disney theme park and if the appetite for EMH isn't there why should Disney continue to staff it?

This seems like a reasonable and intelligent business decision to me.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if turns out to be only evening hours. I know they had concerns when they first opened DAK to evening EMH about the effect it would have on the animals. It could simply be a change based on the health and well-being of them.

DizneyRox
10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
That would be too bad, it's one of the only evening EMH I go to

The street party this summer I thought was a good idea and an attempt to get people there. Seems like it failed.

I'm not sure if the park itself has enough to keep people there for the whole time. It's unfinished and adding extra hours to that is probably overkill. I enjoy tremendously the time we spend at DAK, we probably spend more time there than any other park, but I also know that not everyone feels this way about it.

Hopefully they can fix things before I head back, they have a couple years at least...

Ian
10-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure if the park itself has enough to keep people there for the whole time.That's my issue with EMH at DAK. I mean, we'd take advantage of the morning EMH when it synched up with our plans to visit DAK, but even that was more so we could get out of the park earlier than it was any desire to spend additional time there.

Almost all of our visits to DAK consist of rushing up to KS, grabbing a FP, rushing over to Everest, grabbing a FP, riding Everest as many times as the line will permit, use our FP for KS and Everest, possible spend a few minutes in Dinoland so the kids can ride Triceratops Spin, maybe check out Finding Nemo The Musical, and then we're out.

Quite honestly, the ability to spend additional time at DAK is just not something that appeals to us. 4-6 hours per trip does it for us.

Ms. Mode
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Even with EMH at AK doesn't the park close by 8pm? I would love to ride EE after dark...alas it's just one of those things that make a special "wish" list. :mickey:

JROriole8Fan
10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Granted you can do the park in a day, but how can people go there without seeing Festival of the Lion King? It is 100% better than the Broadway attempt, an amazing live performance and clearly the best show in all of WDW!

DizneyRox
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Granted you can do the park in a day, but how can people go there without seeing Festival of the Lion King? It is 100% better than the Broadway attempt, an amazing live performance and clearly the best show in all of WDW!
No, Nemo the Musical is the best show at WDW! Festival of the Lion King is a close second however. :D

FotLK though is getting a little long in the tooth. If memory serves me right, it's been edited several times, always going shorter, so it's clear Disney isn't looking to spend money. Same with KS, EE is still broken, last I heard they haven't done much with Dinosur either.

Hey, maybe there's a reason why more people don't spend more time in AK! Hmmmm...

Another one to chalk up to mismangement possibly...

Ian
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Granted you can do the park in a day, but how can people go there without seeing Festival of the Lion King? It is 100% better than the Broadway attempt, an amazing live performance and clearly the best show in all of WDW!Well first off, I agree with DisneyRox that Nemo is the best show in WDW.

But really ... I mean, FotLK is good and all, but it's like a decade or more old now. It's tired. I've seen it enough and have absolutely no desire to see it anymore.

Heck, I even stopped seeing Star Wars after a certain point and FotLK is no Star Wars. ;)

WishingStar2006
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
I personally LOVE Animal Kingdom and comes a close 2nd to MK in my favorite park. KS and EE and the shows and Dinoland and the shopping and Yak & Yeti Restaurant and Flaming Tree....I just LOVE it. I don't do morning EMH but always plan my days around the EMH at Animal Kingdom...very special!!!!

exvagirl
10-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Quite honestly, the ability to spend additional time at DAK is just not something that appeals to us. 4-6 hours per trip does it for us.

Same here. I mean I love animals, but how long can you stand there watching them? Maybe it's just cause the youngest in my family is almost 12. Either way, we usually hit the big stuff, and out of there by lunch time

elmjimmlm
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
I personally LOVE Animal Kingdom and comes a close 2nd to MK in my favorite park. the shows the shopping and Yak & Yeti Restaurant....I just LOVE it. I don't do morning EMH but always plan my days around the EMH at Animal Kingdom...very special!!!!

I totally agree!!! I love AK especially the late EMH...We always do them every trip and I would hate to miss out on AK after dark...The park is a totally different place when the sun goes down...I hope that this is just a rumor...

seanyred
10-26-2010, 01:00 PM
itsnotazoo. I know thats a common phrase but that is how I treat AK. When we go its a relaxing stroll to look at the animals. AK is more about atmosphere more than any other park in WDW. It just also happens to have some fun rides as well. I don't get those who go just for the "thrill" attractions and leave...but to each their own.

Back to thread, I could understand why purely by attendance EMH may not be offered anymore. But I would suspect that during the busy season they would reapear again.

princessgirls
10-26-2010, 01:57 PM
My kids LOVE Animal Kingdom...Lucky me.
Every single time I have been there it has been sunny blistering HOT day. Even in December.

On a week trip, we usually hit AK twice. I have only ever done the morning EMH there. If you are going to cut costs, this would be the park to do it at in regards to EMH in the evening. It's not a park I want to walk around in at night.

In general, my husband and I aren't huge fans of the EMH, in the evening. The park that is open is just so overcrowded that I would rather just avoid it all together. Just my opinion...
I'm at the point were we get up early and get out to enjoy the most of the day.
Julie:mickey:

TheVBs
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
We love AK!! :mickey: We can't manage to do everything we want in two days there! I would love to try an evening EMH there, but it's not a must for us.

Cinderelley
10-27-2010, 03:18 AM
I love AK. I could easily spend several days wandering through there - enjoying the scenery, the animals, feel of the park.

jlm71wdw71
10-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I've always felt that the most beautiful place in WDW at night is DAK. And because you rarely get to experience it, it is made all the more special. I never miss an EMH at DAK... and I'm so sad that there won't be one for me to experience when I go in March.

Suz36
10-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so glad I made a point of scheduling us to catch evening EMH at AK on our upcoming trip! It's been on my wish list for a while now - just in time!

mainemajor
10-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Even with EMH at AK doesn't the park close by 8pm? I would love to ride EE after dark...alas it's just one of those things that make a special "wish" list. :mickey:

EE at night is a must do. It is so different than during the daytime.

Melanie
10-31-2010, 01:33 PM
EE at night is a must do. It is so different than during the daytime.

Hopefully we can get one in before this is possibly discontinued. I've always wanted to experience AK at night. Not sure I've ever been in the park past 2pm. ;)

Mousemates
10-31-2010, 04:09 PM
I too am among those who love AK at night...EE is way better at night and the view as you climb to the top is the best in WDW (especially in the late evening/night )...however, as much as we like there just isn't enough to keep us there very long and we only stay for about two hours of EMH. The park likely needs a couple more big time rides to pull in the crowds needed to sustain the extended hours (which isn't likely to happen anytime soon).

Carol
11-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Rumor has it TDO will cut EMH in DAK starting in or around February 2011. I will stress I know this only to be a rumor. Other sites have picked up on this and is reporting it as fact.

Not rumor.

I don't know about "other sites" but we've had March hours posted since early September and there was not and are not any EMH evenings at Animal Kingdom for that month. The same goes for the calendar we posted for April last month and May today.

They are still, at this time, on the calendar for February.

WDWdriver
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
True. Managers at DAK are advising the Cast that evening EMH will not be taking place beginning in March. It is possible that EMH will be reinstated during the busier summer and holiday seasons, but that decision is still TBD.