PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Balls

vicster
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I purchased a new car Saturday and I was appalled to see that the antenna is in the rear window so I can't use all my Disney antenna balls. Any ideas???

Disney4us2
10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I purchased a new car Saturday and I was appalled to see that the antenna is in the rear window so I can't use all my Disney antenna balls. Any ideas???

I am in the same situation. My antenna is on top of the car near the rear. It is a lot larger than a regular antenna.

I have no idea on how to display my antenna balls.

NewDVCowner
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
My brother attached a string to his and hung it from his rear view mirror.

vicster
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
My brother attached a string to his and hung it from his rear view mirror.

Great idea! I was hoping maybe there's some type of suction thing for the dashboard but maybe I'll use the string idea. I just can't give up my Disney antenna balls and I've got such a nice collection. LOL

CanadianWDWFan
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I drilled out the hole to make it larger to fit the larger diameter antenna on my car. Took me less than a minute, no problems with it coming off at all.

PopPhan
10-25-2010, 01:56 PM
What about self-adhesive velcro strips/dots -- then you could move them around, change them out for seasons, etc.????

Ms. Mode
10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
I drilled out the hole to make it larger to fit the larger diameter antenna on my car. Took me less than a minute, no problems with it coming off at all.

Doesn't that mess up the reception for the radio? (I hit dead spots just driving) :confused:

Melanie
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM

I did the same thing. My is in the rear as well. I usually listen to satellite radio, but when I do listen to our AM station, I don't have reception issues.

CanadianWDWFan
10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Doesn't that mess up the reception for the radio? (I hit dead spots just driving) :confused:
No issues at all listening to either AM or FM.

DisneyMom12
10-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Same here.

luvmyboys4ever
10-26-2010, 01:06 AM
I put some of mine on an artificial wreath for Christmas. They stuck right onto the end of the wire branches. I had so many, that I barley needed any bows for fillers. Everyone loves it :thumbsup:.
I think I might do one for Halloween:mpumpkin: and one for Easter :egg:!

joonyer
10-26-2010, 10:56 AM
You can buy an external magnetic mount antenna (like for CB radios) and stick it on your roof if you just have to have antenna to stick your WDW antenna balls on. And in fact you could put several of them on at one time. You'd have no trouble finding your car in a crowded parking lot then for sure! :silly::haha:

brivers222
10-29-2010, 11:24 AM
for all those that drilled out the holes to make them larger... I have 2010 Honda Fit Sport

Do your antennas have a nub on the end or something like regular antennas to keep the thing on there? I mean my antenna is larger where the drill out would work... but its tappered in that the base is bigger than the end... so i can see it catching some wicked air off the expressway (passing a semi for example) and it going by by) how do you protect against that?

Also for me, I found the extra two windows in the front of the car on the sides are perfect for displaying my balls... it works nicely however i do like the idea of hanging them from my rear view mirror.

I had that Gold and black mickey ear on my car for about 5days after my trip before it was stolen...that was the last time i displayed them outside on my antenna on that car

brad192
10-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I can't put a ball on my current vehicle. :( When I do, and drive on the highway, it starts slapping the top of my car due to the wind (My antenna is at the very front of my car's roof). When I could though, I was concerned about it flying off as well, but found a great solution.

Put a small amount of silicone adhesive (bathtub caulk) on the end of your antenna before sticking the ball on. When it dries, that ball ain't going anywhere! Make sure to use only silicone adhesive, as it's pliable & is easily removed, but strong enough to hold the ball on. Epoxies, etc. would work, but you'd never get them off the antenna, and your ball would certainly be ruined.

CanadianWDWFan
10-29-2010, 05:54 PM
for all those that drilled out the holes to make them larger... I have 2010 Honda Fit Sport

Do your antennas have a nub on the end or something like regular antennas to keep the thing on there? I mean my antenna is larger where the drill out would work... but its tappered in that the base is bigger than the end... so i can see it catching some wicked air off the expressway (passing a semi for example) and it going by by) how do you protect against that?

My antenna is tapered and has no nub on the end. So what I did was, I measured the diameter at the tip of the antenna and simply drilled the hole smaller than that size. The head is soft enough to compress as I put it on the antenna. The staying power is just fine, we have taken a highway trip of over 300 miles and it didn't move at all.

IloveDisney71
10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I put some of mine on an artificial wreath for Christmas. They stuck right onto the end of the wire branches. I had so many, that I barley needed any bows for fillers. Everyone loves it :thumbsup:.
I think I might do one for Halloween:mpumpkin: and one for Easter :egg:!

That's a great idea!

luvmyboys4ever
10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
That's a great idea!

Thanks! I'm at WDW right now :cloud9:...and I bought 2 more! I just can't stop!

tundramom
10-30-2010, 10:48 PM
When our VW's stopped having regular antennas I had a carpenter make a lovely display case for my collection, it hangs on the wall. I'd post a picture if someone could tell me how to link it here.
But the best news is, we just bought our DD a 2010 Jetta and it has a real antenna, she's already trying to wheedle toppers from the case!
BTW I have seen suction cup spring things that will hold a single one on your dash board. Just google antenna topper accessories.