PDA

View Full Version : How to make ADR's

CinderAriel
10-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Last week we got our e-mail from MJ's reminding us that we may begin to make our ADR's on Nov 13th. Does that mean that on the 13th I can make them for the whole week, or do I have to login or call everyday, booking one day at a time until I have the whole week booked? Also is it better to do it online or via telephone? If doing it online, what time can I do this? Midnight on the 13th? What time if by phone?

This is my first trip with ADR's, thanks for your help.:mickey:

DizneyRox
10-25-2010, 07:24 AM
180+10, meaning 180 days before your ON-SITE trip, you can call and make 10 days worth of reservations.

The call center opens at 7am, you can book online at 6am. From what I've seen, they use pretty much the same system (the web is probably prettier) so you gain nothing by calling and actually lose an hour. It's Disney's way of saving admin costs (less people needed in the call center).

KAT1811
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
If you are staying on Disney property that means you can make your ADRs for the first 10 days of your vacation.

I prefer to make my ADRs online. I find it easier to search and decide on my own rather than driving the CM crazy seeing what is available in our time frame for our party size. At our smallest we are a party of 6. Just use your reservation number to login on the WDW site and go from there. If you are thinking that you may need some assistance I'd call in, the CMs can be very helpful if you get the right one.

MagicalGuest
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I usually get up early — about 5:30 — to be online at 6 am. Then, start by booking your ADRs for the most popular restaurants first because they go FAST if you're looking for a specific time.

Did this last Feb. in the middle of a snowstorm here in NJ. It only took 10 minutes and made me feel so good knowing we had our ADRs. Not to mention that we'd actually see sunshine in 180 days!

CinderAriel
10-26-2010, 12:57 AM
KAT1811, when you say:
"Just use your reservation number to login on the WDW site and go from there."

Does that mean when I go to Walt Disney World.com to sign in, I need to create an account using the reservation number that I received from Disney/MJ's when I booked my hotel stay? How will the website know to let me make the ADR's for the +10 days? Doesn't it somehow have to be tied to my package that I have already booked? I'm sorry for being so dense. I'm probably making this much more difficult than it really is.

I went online last night and played around with the ressie page. I feel pretty comfortable with it, other than my above question. I even set my alarm on my phone to wake me up on the morning of the 13th so that I can be ready. I'm OBSESSED with WDW!

MagicalGuest
10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Your reservation # is linked to your package, so the system electronically accesses your dates.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Create a log in on the WDW site and then go to make dining reservations. If I recall correctly the system will ask you to retrieve your reservation. Theat will be the reservation nubmber you have from MJ. Your reservation will automatically let the system know that you are a resort guest and that you are allowed to make reservations for the first 10 days of your vacation.

Good luck!