PDA

View Full Version : Pin codes?

PETE FROM NYC
10-24-2010, 07:57 PM
What exactly are pin codes?
How does a person get them?
DW and I have been visiting 15 trips in all, the last 8-10 on property. So how come we never got one?

sherriepaul
10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
everyone has said in the past that it is the luck of the draw, and to sign up for as much as possible.

faline
10-24-2010, 08:07 PM
No one knows who gets them and why. We've gotten them and have used them in the past. Do I remember incorrectly or are you now DVC owners?

LorrieP
10-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I just got one yesterday! We are already booked at POFQ in May so I was really surprised to get it.

It's only the second one I've ever gotten. We didn't use that last one because they were running the stay 4 nights get 3 free deal and that was cheaper for us.

This time we will be using the PIN. It's only saving us about $100 because the price has jumped about $400 from the time I booked until now. But that $100 will pay for one of our Cirque tickets so I'm happy!!

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
They are one of Disney's great mysteries! No one knows who gets them or why. Frequent guests have gotten them and people who have only been once have gotten them. I know people who inquired but never booked that got them. It's the luck of the draw.

We've been to WDW some 25+ times. Every trip on property and never once received one. I hope to one day get one but I'm not holding my breath! :faint:

Bethanymouse
10-27-2010, 07:48 PM
We have been getting bombarded with them through emails lately. I am not kidding, they are coming like every two weeks. None that are in our time availability though. All I can say is that we signed up for disney emails on the disney site. We just started getting them about 2 years ago. But never as much as recently...

brivers222
10-28-2010, 10:59 AM
what email are you signing up for...

i have never received a pin code via electronic or snail mail from disney.

LVT
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
I was advised to call WDW and have them check against your name/address. I did so on 24 OCT and there was one. The great CM gave me the code (very long) and I gave it to my Travel agent to apply to my currents res.
Our E-mail account has a high level of security and perhaps the PIN email never got through. I do no get e- mail from Disney for other stuff either.
This one seems to match last year's Spring/Summer sale. Every bit helps, especially as I do not have to do much. Good luck.

sainter
10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
what email are you signing up for...

i have never received a pin code via electronic or snail mail from disney.

On Disney's official website, when you set up an account it asks which kids of emails you would like to recieve (if any), one is notice of specials. Basically, opt in for all of them. I also send for a new vacation planning DVD every year through their site. I get email PIN codes regularly. I have no idea if this is why...
I also go into that account and search for hotels when I think we might be planning a trip. I don't book a trip, I have Magical Journeys do that. But maybe they track who has been doing this and for what time period?

brivers222
11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
ah i see! i double checked and I didn't have any communication preference checked... ooops

sainter
11-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Good Luck brivers222!!!