PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12 Armed Forces Salute - EXTENSION ANNOUNCED!

Melanie
10-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Great news!! This offer has been extended through October, 2012! :flag:

U.S. Military Can 'Let the Memories Begin' in 2011 With Special Ticket and Room Offers at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts
Save up to 40% on rooms

At Walt Disney World® Resort
- now through Sept. 28, 2011 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:
•Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each, plus tax
•Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, plus tax AND
•Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and WaterParks Fun and More Options for $165 each, plus tax

At Disneyland® Resort
- now through Sept. 28, 2011 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:
•Disney Military Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $99 each

Disney Military Promotional Tickets can be purchased by active and retired U.S. military personnel for themselves and up to five additional family members or friends. No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any eligible member of the U.S. military (or spouse) pursuant to this offer. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by Oct. 1, 2011 (certain blockout dates apply). Active and retired U.S. military personnel can also save up to 40% on rooms at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels! This offer is valid for stays most nights now through Oct. 1, 2011, but is not valid at all Nov. 24 - Nov. 26, 2010 and Dec. 26 - Dec. 31, 2010 at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels or April 17 - April 30, 2011 at the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

(The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room.)

Let the Memories Begin

Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort are the perfect place to make family vacation memories that last a lifetime. "Let the Memories Begin" is about real guests making real Disney vacation memories. From now through 2011, Disney Parks will be inviting guests to share their favorite Disney vacation stories, videos and photos, thus collecting an amazing treasure trove of experiences that only Disney can provide. Guests can even categorize their Disney memory by theme, emotion and location. The website disneyparks.com/memories will become a hub of vacation memories as we invite guests to share memories of their favorite Disney vacations.

For information regarding Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort, or to make room reservations at the Walt Disney World Resort, military personnel may call 407/939-7830 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices. For information regarding Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort, or to make room reservations at the Disneyland Resort, military personnel may call 714/956-6424 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices.

Offer Details

•Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 28, 2011 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
•"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
•The actual prices charged at U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.
•Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
•Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2011, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.
•Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to show valid military identification, no later than Oct. 1, 2011, in order for those Tickets to be used.
•No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
•Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2011).
•Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.
•Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2011. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: Dec. 27, 2010 through Dec. 31, 2010 and April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and July 4, 2011 at Magic Kingdom Park; and Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for the Disneyland Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: Dec. 24, 2010 through Jan. 1, 2011, Feb. 18, 2011 through Feb. 21, 2011, April 17, 2011 through April 23, 2011, and July 1, 2011 through July 4, 2011 at the Disneyland Theme Parks.

faline
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm sure this will be helpful to quite a few folks! Thanks, Mel!

buzznwoodysmom
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
We are not planning on using these this year, but I do have a question. Can a person use more than one of these tickets? For example, if my DH, my son, and I each use one during a trip, can we each use another one to total 8 days per person, or are these limited to one ticket per person? Thanks.

Melanie
10-24-2010, 09:31 PM
We are not planning on using these this year, but I do have a question. Can a person use more than one of these tickets? For example, if my DH, my son, and I each use one during a trip, can we each use another one to total 8 days per person, or are these limited to one ticket per person? Thanks.

I bet not Denise, if they do it as they have in the past.

wdwfansince75
10-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Last year, I asked if one person could use two tickets, and received an email (from SoG) stating that I could. I bought 6 tickets, and used two of them myself, and DS#2 and DDiL#2 each used two. When I activated them at the park, the first CM said I couldn't do this, but her supervisor quickly stepped in, and let me do it. The CM had me write the name of the user on each ticket, and emphasised that the ticket was not transferable. I used my tickets on six days. On two of those days, I hopped, by using each ticket once. So, in the past, they have allowed you to use the tickets as Buzznwoodysmom suggested.

Melanie
10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Last year, I asked if one person could use two tickets, and received an email (from SoG) stating that I could. I bought 6 tickets, and used two of them myself, and DS#2 and DDiL#2 each used two. When I activated them at the park, the first CM said I couldn't do this, but her supervisor quickly stepped in, and let me do it. The CM had me write the name of the user on each ticket, and emphasised that the ticket was not transferable. I used my tickets on six days. On two of those days, I hopped, by using each ticket once. So, in the past, they have allowed you to use the tickets as Buzznwoodysmom suggested.

Good to know! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks, that is great to know. I did, however, run the numbers and while you will save a bit on these tickets by using two tickets per person, the savings aren't as much as I thought they'd be when compared to purchasing an 8 day ticket of the same kind. But still....saving is saving....right?

BrerGnat
10-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Are there blackout dates for the resort discount?

pixiesmimi
10-26-2010, 09:33 AM
There usually isn't a black out on resorts during that time because you can stay at the resort and not go to the parks. I'm surprised they are doing it for a whole year this time. Usually they don't come out with this until after the first of the year. Each year they get a little more expensive and more black out dates though. I am confused as to why they are blocking the military on these dates, especially 4th of July. That sounds really strange.

BrerGnat
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I think the July 4 blackout is somewhat insulting...

Anyway, I did some digging and found a few resort black out dates:

11/24-11/26/10, 12/26-12/31/10, 4/17-4/20/11

Melanie
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Edited my first post to include official press release.

Melanie
10-27-2010, 07:07 AM
I have a question about these. It's been a few years since we used them.

Once the tickets are activated/used, do they have to be used within a certain number of days?

wdwfansince75
10-27-2010, 11:38 AM
I have a question about these. It's been a few years since we used them.

Once the tickets are activated/used, do they have to be used within a certain number of days?

Last year, I was told that they could be used until the end date of the promotion. Assuming that they will do it the same way next year, the end date is Oct 1, 2011. Once activated, the tickets are ok until that date.

pixiesmimi
10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I think the July 4 blackout is somewhat insulting...

Anyway, I did some digging and found a few resort black out dates:

11/24-11/26/10, 12/26-12/31/10, 4/17-4/20/11

I think it is very insulting also to our military after all they have done for us, especially on 4th of July. And you will note that the resort black out dates are all on holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter when most military would have some time off to go to the parks. We were going to try to go at Christmas but both the ticket and resort blackout dates are during this time period.

BrerGnat
10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I think it is very insulting also to our military after all they have done for us, especially on 4th of July. And you will note that the resort black out dates are all on holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter when most military would have some time off to go to the parks. We were going to try to go at Christmas but both the ticket and resort blackout dates are during this time period.

Just so you know, last year, we stayed at WDW over spring break, and the military room discount blackout dates began 2 days after we checked in. By checking in 2 days prior, we were able to have the room discount for the entire stay. Magical Journeys took care of our reservation for us.

So, if you can arrive even the day before the blackout dates start, you'll be good!

Unless they changed this too...

pixiesmimi
10-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Okay, I didn't think of that. Wasn't sure if that would work or not. Looks like the resorts and tickets are both blacked out for the week after Christmas. We will just have to book for the week before. Does anyone know how crowded the parks are the week after Christmas? Someone was asking me the other day who would like to take their first trip at that time.

wdwfansince75
10-29-2010, 10:01 AM
The week before christmas is a great time to go. The week after christmas is crowded, and even though the hours are usually longer, it is a questionalble time to recommend for a first timer. Having said that, we did a 3 day stay at SoG one year with 4 first timers, including a (usually) skeptical DDiL. She couldn't wait to go back! We packed a lot into those 3 days. Just as any other visit, no matter how long, we didn't do it all, but we did a lot. One issue was the cool (cold) evenings, especially with youngsters. We all wound up buying sweaters and sweat shirts.

If you are intent on staying over Christmas, you can't beat the rate at SoG. That year, the bus drivers all lead the riders in Christmas Carols.

magicofdisney
10-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I think black-out days, period, are insulting. Troops don't get to select their dates of return. What if the time off only lines up with black-out dates?

I realize the black-out times are short, but they bother me in principle.

waymickey
11-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Does the military person have to travel with us? My father inlaw who is up in age served in the navy for many years. He may not be able to travel at this point. Can he purchase tickets for his family without traveling with us?

BrerGnat
11-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Does the military person have to travel with us? My father inlaw who is up in age served in the navy for many years. He may not be able to travel at this point. Can he purchase tickets for his family without traveling with us?

No. First of all, he'd have to be retired military, with a current military i.d. card that has on base privileges. Serving for "many years" does not automatically qualify someone for this offer. He'd need to show that to purchase the tickets AND to activate them AT WDW. So, unless someone else is traveling with you who has an active military i.d., you're out of luck. Remember, this offer is in support of active duty and retired military families. It's not meant for people far removed from military status (i.e. "in laws") unless the military person is part of the travel party.

For example, last year we took advantage of this offer. My DH is active duty. My MIL and BIL came with us. They were able to take advantage because MIL has a military dependent i.d. card (her husband was a 100% disabled veteran). She bought her own tickets and used her own i.d. for her hotel discount. My FIL did not come with us (he was in the hospital), but we had plenty of military i.d. cards to qualify ALL of us for the offer.

finaldynasty
11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Great promotion! I think we need to do more to support our the folks who protect us. Way to go Disney!!

waymickey
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info and thank your Husband for his service. I completely support our troops and all that they do for us.

My Father inlaw is retired miIlitary. He would come with us to the reosrts but does not want to go to the parks. He prefers to enjoy the resort and pools.

pixiesmimi
11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
No. First of all, he'd have to be retired military, with a current military i.d. card that has on base privileges. Serving for "many years" does not automatically qualify someone for this offer. He'd need to show that to purchase the tickets AND to activate them AT WDW. So, unless someone else is traveling with you who has an active military i.d., you're out of luck. Remember, this offer is in support of active duty and retired military families. It's not meant for people far removed from military status (i.e. "in laws") unless the military person is part of the travel party.

For example, last year we took advantage of this offer. My DH is active duty. My MIL and BIL came with us. They were able to take advantage because MIL has a military dependent i.d. card (her husband was a 100% disabled veteran). She bought her own tickets and used her own i.d. for her hotel discount. My FIL did not come with us (he was in the hospital), but we had plenty of military i.d. cards to qualify ALL of us for the offer.

Actually each military member (retired or otherwise) or SPOUSE can purchase the tickets with their ID but only 6 tickets each. The users of the tickets can be anyone as long as the military member or spouse with the ID card activates them at the gate the first day. If you have more than 6 going, another military ID holder has to purchase up to 6 other tickets and be there to activate with their card. But once the tickets are activated, the military member doesn't have to be with them at the parks. We were told that the ID holder didn't have to be there with us at the parks each day as long as he activates them the first day. Unless they have changed it this year. We have used this for 3 years now and it is a great savings. So your father-in-law could stay at the resort but one of the tickets would be in his name and no one else could use it but him.

BrerGnat
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Actually each military member (retired or otherwise) or SPOUSE can purchase the tickets with their ID but only 6 tickets each. The users of the tickets can be anyone as long as the military member or spouse with the ID card activates them at the gate the first day. If you have more than 6 going, another military ID holder has to purchase up to 6 other tickets and be there to activate with their card. But once the tickets are activated, the military member doesn't have to be with them at the parks. We were told that the ID holder didn't have to be there with us at the parks each day as long as he activates them the first day. Unless they have changed it this year. We have used this for 3 years now and it is a great savings. So your father-in-law could stay at the resort but one of the tickets would be in his name and no one else could use it but him.

Yes, if your Father in Law is willing to at least go to the parks the FIRST day, to activate the tickets, you are good to go. Anyone can use them as long as he is there the first time.

HOWEVER, the tickets are limited to 6 TOTAL for each military member who qualifies to purchase them. Your Father in Law is the qualifying military member. His wife, if she has an id, can purchase the tickets as well, but they still cannot purchase more than 6 TOTAL (it's linked to the service member's SSN, which is on all i.d. cards issued to dependents of that military member). So, basically, it's 6 tickets per Social Security Number.

mudpuppysmom
11-15-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm still not clear on whether we can do two separate trips and use two tickets each.....a total of 6 tickets.

Also, the first time we went DH joined us later in the trip, so I bought the tickets -- I'm the spouse and have an ID card, my kids though, are not old enough to have ID cards (under 10 I believe they do not get ID cards). So, I know that the spouse can buy and activate them as I have done this in the past (DH activated his ticket when he arrived over the weekend that he came).

wdwfansince75
11-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm still not clear on whether we can do two separate trips and use two tickets each.....a total of 6 tickets.

Also, the first time we went DH joined us later in the trip, so I bought the tickets -- I'm the spouse and have an ID card, my kids though, are not old enough to have ID cards (under 10 I believe they do not get ID cards). So, I know that the spouse can buy and activate them as I have done this in the past (DH activated his ticket when he arrived over the weekend that he came).

As I understand it, as I used them last year, you can buy up to 6 tickets. The member (or spouse) must activate the tickets outside of one of the parks. Once activated, the tickets can be used any time before the end of the announced eligibility period. So, if you buy all 6 tickets on your first trip, and use 3 of them, the other three tickets can be used on your second trip.

I was told last year that if I bought 3 tickets the first day, and then decided to buy 3 more at a later time, that was allowable...but you cannot purchase more than 6 for an eligible member.

They asked me to write the names of the users on the back...I wrote my name on two, DS#2 on two, and DDiL#2 on two....They used the tickets for 8 days...I park hopped (didn't add the hopper option) on two days by using two different tickets.

I sent an email before my trip to the ticket office at SoG, and they confirmed that my approach was allowable. Perhaps as our date approaches for next year, I will do that again.

Please note that it is not necessary to enter the park to "activate" the tickets. You go to Guest Services windows outside the park (to the right of the entrance at MK) and activate them there.

Melanie
04-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Great news! It was announced yesterday that this offer has been extended for a year (until Oct. 1, 2012). Same exact deal, just extended a year. :thumbsup:

So if you bought tickets in the 2011 timeframe, you are eligible to purchase tickets in the 2012 timeframe as well. And as always, you can take advantage of the deeply discounted accomodations rates as many times as you wish.

Thank you Disney! :flag:

Melanie
04-20-2011, 07:40 AM
This was the announcement posted on the Disney Parks Blog yesterday:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Extends Discounts for Military Families

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has a long-standing history of honoring military personnel and their families, and today, we’re pleased to announce that we are extending our discounted theme park tickets and room rates for active military and spouses, retired military, National Guard and Reservists through September of 2012. This extension coincides with The Walt Disney Company’s participation in “Joining Forces,” an initiative launched by the White House to bring attention to the unique needs of America’s military families.

Earlier this week, First Lady Michele Obama and Dr. Jill Biden joined the hosts of “The View” to discuss their involvement with “Joining Forces.” They encouraged all Americans to show their gratitude to service members and their families and discussed how companies like Disney and others from across the country are coming together to help military personnel. For more information, go to www.joiningforces.gov to learn how you can get involved.

All areas of The Walt Disney Company are working with “Joining Forces” to support this great new initiative. Disney plans to donate 25,000 Disney/Hyperion books to the USO for the United Through Reading military program, which gives deployed troops the opportunity to read their kids a virtual bedtime story when they can’t be there in person. Disney will also send more than 200 “Operation Disney” care packages filled with DVDs, books and games to USO centers worldwide which will also include 4,000 Disney Digital Book online memberships.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is proud to support the brave men and women who serve our country in a variety of ways. Discounts are available throughout the year on select Disney Cruise Line itineraries and Shades of Green, a resort on Walt Disney World property operated by the U.S. Armed Forces, caters exclusively to military families and provides discounted room rates. And at both Disneyland park in California and Magic Kingdom in Florida, military personnel and veterans from all branches of the military are honored daily at a special Flag Retreat Ceremony where they are asked to step forward to be recognized as the colors are retired each afternoon.

NJGIRL
04-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm glad that Disney does this.:thumbsup: The families deserve a break for all that they give up. I just wish other large American corporations would have some type of program/discounts for military families.

Melanie
04-20-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm glad that Disney does this.:thumbsup: The families deserve a break for all that they give up. I just wish other large American corporations would have some type of program/discounts for military families.

Actually Rita, you'd be surprised. There are many companies/corporations that extend offers and discounts. In the theme park business, for many years the Anheuser-Busch parks have offered one-time/year free admission. Sadly, Universal has not had an offer for a couple of years now. I'd hate to think it's because they don't really need the attendance with the HP success. :unsure:

That's So Raven
04-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Actually Rita, you'd be surprised. There are many companies/corporations that extend offers and discounts. In the theme park business, for many years the Anheuser-Busch parks have offered one-time/year free admission. Sadly, Universal has not had an offer for a couple of years now. I'd hate to think it's because they don't really need the attendance with the HP success. :unsure:

Last year when I was on base purchasing my Disney tickets they had a Universal Studios 7 day park hopper pass available with an insane discount. I think it was like $125.

NJGIRL
04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
That's good to hear. Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign to Universal :D.

buzznwoodysmom
04-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Mel,

I have a few questions. First of all do you know of any black out dates for the end of this year/next year? Also if we purchased the "salute" tickets in 2011 will we be able to purchase them again in 2012? We've been fortunate enought to use this discount for the past 3 years, and if we decide to take a trip in 2012 I'd love to be able to use this discount again. And one more question. If you purchase the salute ticket for Disneyworld in 2012, then later that year you visit Disneyland are you able to purchase those tickets as well?

Melanie
04-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Last year when I was on base purchasing my Disney tickets they had a Universal Studios 7 day park hopper pass available with an insane discount. I think it was like $125.

I'm pretty sure at one point they were offering the free admission, and that's what I was referring to. You can still get $$ off multi-day tickets to Universal from your ITT office, but I don't think they have awesome deals like you mentioned anymore.

That's So Raven
04-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah the free admission was only for the actual military personnel. This year the discount went up, but it is still really good when you take into consideration that it costs $82 for 1 day.

mudpuppysmom
04-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Now I'm wondering something......since they extended this for 2012.

We are going 27Sept -5Oct and I was going to buy the salute tickets then need to buy new 5 day hopper passes as the salute tickets had to be used by 30Sept (I think that was the end date -- or 1Oct). Anyway -- can I now buy six tickets and use them for the duration of our trip (1 non park day though as we are going for 9 days) and then if/when we go next year we can use the 2012 discount too? Or can I blow my discount all in one trip and use the 2011 discount for the tickets we need until 30Sept and then the new 2012 tickets until 5 Oct?

Hopefully I'm not confusing this more than it needs to be?
I'm a little confused as to if you can buy six tickets for three people and use them all in one trip or not? Seems that there is conflicting info out there about that.

buzznwoodysmom
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
We are going 27Sept -5Oct and I was going to buy the salute tickets then need to buy new 5 day hopper passes as the salute tickets had to be used by 30Sept (I think that was the end date -- or 1Oct). Anyway -- can I now buy six tickets and use them for the duration of our trip (1 non park day though as we are going for 9 days) and then if/when we go next year we can use the 2012 discount too? Or can I blow my discount all in one trip and use the 2011 discount for the tickets we need until 30Sept and then the new 2012 tickets until 5 Oct?

Hopefully I'm not confusing this more than it needs to be?
I'm a little confused as to if you can buy six tickets for three people and use them all in one trip or not? Seems that there is conflicting info out there about that.

That's a great question. Will those who purchased and used 2011 tickets already have to wait till Jan. 1, 2012 to purchase their second set, or will guests be able to use the "new" discount starting in Oct. when the discount is extended? I'm wondering if those with a trip during the week that the discounts end and start will be able to get two sets of tickets.

BrerGnat
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
From Disney's website:

Check back soon for details on the 2012 special offer for members of the military and their families.

Seems like they are working out the details right now. We should know more soon regarding when you can purchase tickets for the 2012 timeframe, blackout dates, etc.

princessgirls
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM
So happy that Disney has continued this program for our Men and Women who Serve or who have served our Country!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Disney!!!

Julie:mickey:

fupresti
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Can you extend the passes from 4-days to 6-days and if so, what is the cost?

BrerGnat
04-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Can you extend the passes from 4-days to 6-days and if so, what is the cost?

No, you can't upgrade or extend them in any way. You'd just have to pay for the additional 2 park days if you want a longer trip.

disneydaisy
04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
We are going in November for 6 days. Planning on attending the MVMCP on one of those days. Does the ticket have to be used on 4 consecutive days, or can we use the ticket for 2, take a day off to go to MVMCP, then 2 days back?

BrerGnat
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
We are going in November for 6 days. Planning on attending the MVMCP on one of those days. Does the ticket have to be used on 4 consecutive days, or can we use the ticket for 2, take a day off to go to MVMCP, then 2 days back?

You don't have to use it on consecutive days. You just have to use all 4 days by the expiration date of the ticket (which will be Sept 30, 2012).

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this scenario:

Active Duty SPOUSE purchases TWO Salute hoppers. Activates them and uses them.

A couple months later, Active Duty Member wants to purchase 4 Salute Hoppers, to activate and use.

Can this be done? Or, do all 6 tickets need to be purchased/activated at the same time? Anyone know?

I have purchased 2 Salute hoppers for my sister and I to use on our upcoming May trip (I'm the spouse!).

DH and I have been talking about taking a trip down to WDW as a family, when we move in July, and need to "kill some time" waiting for our shipment. Can we do this?

pixiesmimi
05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
I think you can. When I purchased our tickets last year, less than we were allowed, they told us at the ITR that we could come back and purchase the rest of what we were allowed any time. It is tied to his SSN on the computer so they know how many you have purchased. I may be wrong about this for this year but that is what was told to me last year.

BrerGnat
05-12-2011, 12:56 PM
I think you can. When I purchased our tickets last year, less than we were allowed, they told us at the ITR that we could come back and purchase the rest of what we were allowed any time. It is tied to his SSN on the computer so they know how many you have purchased. I may be wrong about this for this year but that is what was told to me last year.

Where did they link it to the SSN? At the time of purchase? Or, at activation?

I purchased these over the phone from our base ITT office (we live 45 min away, and I didn't have the time to make the drive). They didn't ask for ANY identifying info that I was eligible to purchase the tickets. They just asked "who is the military member in your family" and I said "my husband". That was all. No name, nothing. So, when I activate them with my military dependent ID, is that the point where it becomes linked to my husband's SSN?

buzznwoodysmom
05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Where did they link it to the SSN? At the time of purchase? Or, at activation?

I purchased these over the phone from our base ITT office (we live 45 min away, and I didn't have the time to make the drive). They didn't ask for ANY identifying info that I was eligible to purchase the tickets. They just asked "who is the military member in your family" and I said "my husband". That was all. No name, nothing. So, when I activate them with my military dependent ID, is that the point where it becomes linked to my husband's SSN?

Natalie,

When we purchased ours over the phone I had to fax a copy of DH's military ID before they'd allow me to purchase the tickets. Then he had to show the ID at time of ativation. I don't know when exactly the tickets were linked to his SSN.

To answer your first question, I've heard both that you can purchase them at different times just as long as your total doesn't exceed 6 tickets. I've also heard people report that they were told all tickets had to be purchased at the same time, which makes no sense to me. 6 tickets should be 6 tickets no matter when you purchase them. Let us know what you find out officially. I'd love to know as well.

BrerGnat
05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Ok, thanks for the experiencees. It's still only a small chance that we'll be going this summer. I've already paid for two tickets that my sister and I will be using in a couple weeks, so if you have to buy them all at the same time, oh well.

I guess we'll find out if/when we make our final decision.

Melanie
05-12-2011, 09:27 PM
For what it's worth, I think I saw you had to buy them all at one time as well.

pixiesmimi
05-13-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure how you were able to purchase them through the mail without showing his ID. I had to show an ID to purchase and that is when they put it in the computer. When we activated at the gate, he had to show his ID again and they put us in their computers again at the check in. I guess we will see if they have changed the rules this year. :) But the story was different last year depending on who you asked and where you bought your tickets, so who knows. :) Good luck! Wish we were going.

BrerGnat
05-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure how you were able to purchase them through the mail without showing his ID. I had to show an ID to purchase and that is when they put it in the computer. When we activated at the gate, he had to show his ID again and they put us in their computers again at the check in. I guess we will see if they have changed the rules this year. :) But the story was different last year depending on who you asked and where you bought your tickets, so who knows. :) Good luck! Wish we were going.

I know, I thought it was odd too. I usually go on base to buy the tickets, but last time I drove all the way down there just to buy theme park tickets, the woman who helped me said "you didn't have to drive all the way down here, you know. You can order any of the tickets we sell over the phone and we can just FedEx them to you." When buying in person, I had to show my military ID, so I don't understand how they can do it over the phone? In any event, I guess they figure that no one would bother to try to fraudulently buy these tickets since it requires you to present military ID when you activate them anyway.

Who knows. Looks mostly like we're NOT going to WDW this summer anyway, so probably won't even be an issue.

Rosemickey68
05-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know if you are a Military widow if you are able to get the room discount and/or discount tickets?
I know when they did this offer in 2009 my mother being a navy widow was able to get the armed forces salute tickets.

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't see this mentioned, but there is a rumor floating around that Disney has lifted the "6 tickets per offer" limit. It is stated that you can now take advantage of the ticket offer as often as you'd like during the offer as long as only 6 tickets are purchased per transaction, and I'm guessing that goes for activating the tickers as well. Anyone else hear anything like this?

This would work out great for us. We have just decided to take a trip for Christmas, and also plan on trying to take another short trip for the IronMan race in May. It would be great to be able to use the ticket discount on both trips!

BrerGnat
06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I don't see this mentioned, but there is a rumor floating around that Disney has lifted the "6 tickets per offer" limit. It is stated that you can now take advantage of the ticket offer as often as you'd like during the offer as long as only 6 tickets are purchased per transaction, and I'm guessing that goes for activating the tickers as well. Anyone else hear anything like this?

This would work out great for us. We have just decided to take a trip for Christmas, and also plan on trying to take another short trip for the IronMan race in May. It would be great to be able to use the ticket discount on both trips!

I can see that being true. As I said, when we purchased the tickets, no record was made WHO was purchasing them. No SSN was asked for, or anything. Now, when we did finally activate them at WDW, the woman took down a WHOLE lot of information. Name, address, phone number, email, and sponsor SSN, and she did ask to see the military ID. So, at the point of activation, they do track it.

That would be great if it was true, and smart on Disney's part. I don't know of any other theme park or amusement park that has a restriction on the number of military priced tickets one purchases in any given amount of time. I can buy discount tickets on base to, say, Legoland every week if I wanted to. Since there is no restriction on how often you can use the military room discount, there should be no restriction on how often you can purchase the specially priced tickets either.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Ok, so it appears the "unlimited" tickets were short lived. I did see reports of people who bought the tickets after that announcment was made a few weeks ago, and they were indeed able to purchase more than 6 tickets, as well as activate them, just as long as they were puchased in seperate transactions on seperate days. Lucky for those who were able to get this done in the short time period it was allowed.

This is what just came out, posted by a ticket booth CM. According to what I read this is posted inside some or all of the ticket boths regarding the military salute tickets. I'm just putting the tidbits about the amount of tickets you can purchase.

*• Guests may participate in this offer two (2) separate times during the entire duration of this promotion."

So it appears that it is limited to twice during the period October 24, 2010 and September 30, 2012. *

Pretty much looks like nothing has changed. This promotion covers 2 years, and guests are allowed to purchase the tickets twice during that time period, therefor still basically once per year. For those who didn't use the tickets the first year, they can use them twice in the second year, which appears to be the only change.

We already used these tickets in March of 2011, and plan to use them again in Dec. 2011. We were hoping to be able to use them again in May of 2012, but it looks like we are out of luck for that trip. At least we can still get the room discount again in May.

Melanie
06-29-2011, 11:53 AM
I was going to post in there today about this. Funny.

My friend went to our local base here in Tampa yesterday to purchase her tickets, and they told her she'd need to purchase all six at that time, or she'd be out of luck.

Too bad this didn't pan out.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Too bad this didn't pan out.

Yes, I was hoping they would allow us to use the ticket discount as often as we wanted since we can do so with the room discount. However, I do see where it could get out of hand with there being no limit. I'd hate to see the discount go away completely if Disney felt they were being taken advantage of. And I'd really hate to see them limit the tickets to immediate family, which would allow them to offer the ticket discount as often as the guest would like and avoid the tickets being sold for a profit, or guests taking huge groups with them. But those who aren't married and/or with children should be able to use the discount with friends, so I don't ever wish them to do that even though it would benefit my family.

I am very happy with the current discounts, and I hope they continue to offer something to those who serve. We've taken serveral trips that we wouldn't have due in large part to these discounts, as I'm sure many others have as well.

BIGDOG
07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I see Coast Guard is on the list of who qualifies what about Coast Guard Auxillary members? Is this offer god for active CG AUX. we do have photo ID'S and are allowed on the bases to shop at the base stores?

pixiesmimi
07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
I imagine you can. Anyone with a military ID can use this.

wdwfansince75
07-22-2011, 03:56 PM
The wording is different between the SoG room eligibility, the Disney Military Discount, and the Armed Forces Salute tickets.

For SoG, eligible personnel include all military; Active, Retired, Guard, Reserve, and Midshipmen and Cadets from the service academys, including the Merchant Marine Academy, Coast...plus Department of Defense civilians. (plus others, too numerous to enumerate)

For the Disney incentives, including the Discount and the Military Promotional tickets, Active or Retired members of Armed Forces (including National Guard and Reservists) specifically means Active or Retired...drilling, but not Activated members of the Guard and Reserve are not eligible members for the Disney benefits...although they are elibigle for SoG...even though they do have reserve ID cards...And the SoG people (and I assume, the Disney people) know the difference between the cards.

Note that for Guard or Reserve ordered to Active Duty (mobilization orders, rather than Temporary Active Duty for Training), they can usually qualify for tickets and room discounts, with a set of orders to Active Status. I believe that those activated do have a grace period post de-activation to use the benefits, but I do not know the details.

wdwfansince75
07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I just started a thread...received an email from Shades of Green announcing that during September 2011 and January 2012, all veterans with honorable discharge are eligible for rooms at Shades of Green for Cat 3 rates. (Currently $131).

pixiesmimi
07-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Is there a price for tickets without Park Hopper or Water Park and More? Last year there was a base price and then an additional $50 for adding parkhopper, etc. On this announcement I only see that it is $138 for 4 days w/PH or WP&M.

buzznwoodysmom
07-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Is there a price for tickets without Park Hopper or Water Park and More? Last year there was a base price and then an additional $50 for adding parkhopper, etc. On this announcement I only see that it is $138 for 4 days w/PH or WP&M.

The first year they had this offer, 2009 I think, there was a base ticket for $99, then you could add water parks or hoppers, for $25 each I think was the price. However, when we got the military salute tickets in June of 2010, and again in March of 2011, the tickets were $138 for 4 days with PH or WP.

mudpuppysmom
08-02-2011, 05:55 PM
From the Shades of Green website:

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, AND
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More Options for $165 each

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/4DAY2011.htm (hopefully it's ok to post the link)

Melanie
08-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Just a quick question - with the Water Parks and more option, how many days of water park visits is that? 4?

buzznwoodysmom
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Just a quick question - with the Water Parks and more option, how many days of water park visits is that? 4?

Yes, its 4.

Capt_redshirt
08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I had heard they were extending this through to 2012 (the current promotion ends the day before we go) at one point the Disney site said that because of the Mrs. Obama and Biden military charity they were going to extend it to 2012 but the info wasn't finalized. Now it doesn't say anything does anyone know what is going on?

Melanie
08-03-2011, 07:10 AM
I had heard they were extending this through to 2012 (the current promotion ends the day before we go) at one point the Disney site said that because of the Mrs. Obama and Biden military charity they were going to extend it to 2012 but the info wasn't finalized. Now it doesn't say anything does anyone know what is going on?

This thread was updated when the extension was announced. Check out the very first post in the thread. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know, under the terms of the hotel discount, I think you can book 3 rooms per military member. Does the military member have to PAY for all the rooms, or can someone (non military) pay with their own form of payment at check in?

Like, if we wanted to book rooms for other family members to travel at the same time as us, how would that work, payment wise?

Capt_redshirt
08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
This thread was updated when the extension was announced. Check out the very first post in the thread. :thumbsup:

Thank you the reason i got confused was that it said 2012 but none of the dates listed said 2012 all 2010 or 2011 but thank you again

Melanie
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Thank you the reason i got confused was that it said 2012 but none of the dates listed said 2012 all 2010 or 2011 but thank you again

It is kind of confusing - sorry! It's as simple as the exact same deal being extended a year. Of course, there has been some confusion and questions since the announcement was made, but that seems to go along with the territory on these military salutes.

tcmorano
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I am sure this has been answered somewhere...With the military ticket plus water park option, does the water park day have to be used within the 4 days? For example, we would like to go to the 4 main parks on each of the 4 days allowed by the ticket and then go to a water park on our 5th day. Is that possible?

wdwfansince75
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know, under the terms of the hotel discount, I think you can book 3 rooms per military member. Does the military member have to PAY for all the rooms, or can someone (non military) pay with their own form of payment at check in?

Like, if we wanted to book rooms for other family members to travel at the same time as us, how would that work, payment wise?

The eligible member must be there at check in, but SoG will accept cards from whoever actually occupies the room. We have never tried using a check from a non-eligible guest, but one of our kids did successfully use their own debit card.

Also note that now, there is a way to pre-order (and pay for) tickets, including MYW or Armed Forces Salute tickets, and have them at the desk at check in. I got an email announcing it about 3 weeks before our visit...took advantage of it, and avoided the line at the ticket counter.

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Also note that now, there is a way to pre-order (and pay for) tickets, including MYW or Armed Forces Salute tickets, and have them at the desk at check in. I got an email announcing it about 3 weeks before our visit...took advantage of it, and avoided the line at the ticket counter.

Is this only for guests staying at Shades of Green, or for any WDW guests purchasing the tickets? The only bad thing about the military salute ticket is purchasing them at SOG. We always get stuck behind a line full of people who have no clue what tickets they want and it has taken us over an hour more than once to purchase these tickets there.

BrerGnat
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
The eligible member must be there at check in, but SoG will accept cards from whoever actually occupies the room. We have never tried using a check from a non-eligible guest, but one of our kids did successfully use their own debit card.

We won't be at SOG. I meant the Disney Resorts. My sister paid the balance of our room only reservation in May upon checkin, but I was staying in the room too. Can we (the military members) book another room for family and have them be able to pay for it?

wdwfansince75
08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
We won't be at SOG. I meant the Disney Resorts. My sister paid the balance of our room only reservation in May upon checkin, but I was staying in the room too. Can we (the military members) book another room for family and have them be able to pay for it?

When we looked into this two years ago for the CR, I was told that the military discount only applied to the room which I occupied...I could book additional rooms, but not at the Military rate. Doesn't matter who pays for them, or how...one discounted room per eligible member.
We also checked at Swan/Dolphin, and were told that the discount could apply to our room, and one other. Since we needed 4 rooms, SoG was the best value for us.

Oh, and for Buzznwoodysmom, the desk pickup at SoG is for SoG guests only....know what you mean about the line for tickets....Gee, I need to add that to my "Pro's" for SoG.

pixiesmimi
08-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Last year when we went to WDW and stayed at the Polynesian, we were able to book up to 3 rooms on military discount. 1 per adult. I think it was 1 per military adult (or spouse), but can't remember but we ended up with only 2 rooms and our daughter paid for one and we paid for the other. She was not military. You can give them names for who is in each room but when you get to the room, you can divide it up however you want.

We always get our tickets ahead of time at the ITR on post so we don't have to worry about standing in line when we get there to get them.

buzznwoodysmom
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
We always get our tickets ahead of time at the ITR on post so we don't have to worry about standing in line when we get there to get them.

We don't live on, or near, a military base. I guess we'll just have to wait it out behind all those who don't know what kind of ticket they want like we've done in the past.

wdwfansince75
08-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Last year when we went to WDW and stayed at the Polynesian, we were able to book up to 3 rooms on military discount. 1 per adult. I think it was 1 per military adult (or spouse), but can't remember but we ended up with only 2 rooms and our daughter paid for one and we paid for the other. She was not military. You can give them names for who is in each room but when you get to the room, you can divide it up however you want.

When I asked the question, I asked if I could reserve more than one room...did not mention that DW also has an ID card..are you saying that you were able to reserve 3 rooms for one eligible member, or that you gave names of 3 eligible members, one per room?

About the tickets....rules say that Ticket Sales must see the eligible members ID before issuing the tickets....The desk asked for my ID when I checked in, and only then gave me the package with the tickets. I signed a receipt, and the clerk initialed that she had seen my ID.

pixiesmimi
08-13-2011, 11:51 AM
We don't live on, or near, a military base. I guess we'll just have to wait it out behind all those who don't know what kind of ticket they want like we've done in the past.

:( Sorry! I think you can also do "Will Call" and pick them up at the gate and show your ID. Not sure about that but worth asking about. Call SOG and ask them.

When I asked the question, I asked if I could reserve more than one room...did not mention that DW also has an ID card..are you saying that you were able to reserve 3 rooms for one eligible member, or that you gave names of 3 eligible members, one per room?

When I called from our room the previous year about the bounce back offer, she said I could reserve a room per adult in our room at the time. Since there were only two adults at that time, I could only reserve 2 but the military discount offer said we could reserve up to 3 rooms. I'm assuming that meant my husband could reserve up to 3 rooms and that there didn't have to be a military qualified in each room. And they would have all been on the discounted price. I changed my reservations through MJ when I got home. We did have a third military member on one room but he cancelled later and we only needed 2 rooms. MJ can tell you for sure. But when we finally got there last year, we had retired military in one room (us) and our daughter and grandchildren in the other (non-military). I'm sorry if I am being a little vague but I don't remember all the details about it without researching. Maybe someone else can get us straight on this. (Melanie? maybe?) LOL

BrerGnat
08-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Ah, it's okay. We'll be traveling solo this time. Family couldn't make it, so it doesn't really matter.

wdwfansince75
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Ah, it's okay. We'll be traveling solo this time. Family couldn't make it, so it doesn't really matter.

Just for future reference...the question is...can one military member (retired or active) get the Military Discount for Disney resorts for more than one room...BrerGnat's earlier post indicate that perhaps you can reserve up to 3 rooms at the discount rate...Perhaps my problem was the number of rooms available at that rate, but I was specifically told in 2008 that I could only get the rate for my room, and that additional rooms, even if reserved by me, would be at rack rate. By the way, we would up going to SoG, and having a fantastic trip.

pixiesmimi
08-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Well, I know for sure we got all of our rooms for the military rate. We made the reservations and paid for them ourselves ahead of time so don't know about paying for them when you get there. But we got the military rate on both rooms and would have had it on 3 rooms if we had kept them. Don't know if they have changed this but will find out soon when I start planning our trip for next June.

pixiesmimi
02-09-2012, 06:23 PM
This may have already been said, but can you purchase all 6 tickets and use four of them the first part of the week and then one of these same people and a new person use the other two the end of the week?

wdwfansince75
02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Each ticket can only be used by one person for all four days, but one person can use more than one ticket. Upon activation, GS will write the names of the users on the back...and they will let you put one person's name on two tickets. ( at least they let us do that in 2010 and 2011)

pixiesmimi
02-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Do I need to activate all 6 at the same time or can I wait until the end of the week and activate the last two?

So, I and 3 friends can use four of them the first four days of the week and then I and my husband can use the other two at the end of the week? My husband isn't coming in from overseas until the end of the week and we are going to stay 5 days after he comes in, just the two of us.

BrerGnat
02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Do I need to activate all 6 at the same time or can I wait until the end of the week and activate the last two?

So, I and 3 friends can use four of them the first four days of the week and then I and my husband can use the other two at the end of the week? My husband isn't coming in from overseas until the end of the week and we are going to stay 5 days after he comes in, just the two of us.

When you get there, YOU activate the one for you and your 3 friends.

When you husband arrives, have HIM activate the ones for himself and you.

If you try to activate all six at once, I'm not sure they will let you write your name on two, and in addition, all people must be present during activation, so you can't activate one for your DH if he is not physically there at the time.

wdwfansince75
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
When I activated the tickets in July of 2010 and July 2011, I was able to activate all 6 at the same time, and I was the only one of the group at GS...I just gave them the names of the other users.

pixiesmimi
02-10-2012, 11:11 PM
When you get there, YOU activate the one for you and your 3 friends.

When you husband arrives, have HIM activate the ones for himself and you.

If you try to activate all six at once, I'm not sure they will let you write your name on two, and in addition, all people must be present during activation, so you can't activate one for your DH if he is not physically there at the time.

Ok, thanks! That is what I needed to know.:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
02-11-2012, 08:00 AM
When I activated the tickets in July of 2010 and July 2011, I was able to activate all 6 at the same time, and I was the only one of the group at GS...I just gave them the names of the other users.

Yet another example of lack of consistency.

When I activated these with my sister back in May, the CM wanted to physically see her, ask her name, address, phone number, email, etc. She input all this stuff into a computer.

When we were there in December, our family of 4 activated at the International Gateway. The CM there also asked who the tickets would be for, and we had our kids walk up to the window, she asked their names, and then wrote them on the backs of the tickets. She was extremely nice, and thorough, but this just goes to show that there IS supposed to be some sort of checking going on.

These were my two experiences, and they were almost identical, different parks, different CM's.

Melanie
02-11-2012, 08:42 AM
The CM inconsistency is disappointing as these examples show.

The other week when I went to the ticket window regarding the question in the other thread (if these tickets can be bought at WDW ticket windows), the CM told me that the active duty member had to be present to purchase these tickets. Not true. Sure hope that family with dad in Afghanistan doesn't go to her ticket booth this summer. :unsure:

pixiesmimi
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
The CM inconsistency is disappointing as these examples show.

The other week when I went to the ticket window regarding the question in the other thread (if these tickets can be bought at WDW ticket windows), the CM told me that the active duty member had to be present to purchase these tickets. Not true. Sure hope that family with dad in Afghanistan doesn't go to her ticket booth this summer. :unsure:

Exactly! If I had to wait for my DH to get home from Iraq before I bought tickets, I would be out of luck since he is meeting us there at the end of our trip. No, I have purchased tickets myself several times. He has been there every time to activate though but I can't remember if we were all actually standing there when he activated. They just asked to see his ID and changed out his tickets for paper tickets and made us sign our names on the back. I'm hoping all goes well when I go to activate the first four myself without him.

wdwfansince75
02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I believe that I first read the statement on Intercot...But it is also clearly stated on the SoG website....
Either the eligible member, or spouse, can buy and activate the tickets. Either (but not both) can purchase up to 6 tickets.
No, the service member does not need to be there; the spouse can purchase the tickets instead. Either can also activate the tickets. Note that there are no provisions for anyone other than the service member or spouse to purchase or activate the tickets.

Also, according to the same site, all six must be purchased at the same time.

BrerGnat
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Also, according to the same site, all six must be purchased at the same time.

But, see, that part isn't true.

I (spouse of active duty) purchased 2 tickets in May 2011 for my sister and I to use.

I also purchased 4 tickets in September 2011, for our family to use in December.

The six tickets is the limit per service member (SSN) for each offer period (calendar year). When I purchased the 4 tickets in September, the woman at the MWR office on base said to me "did you purchase two tickets earlier this year?" I told her I had, at our old base in CA. She said "then you can buy up to 4 more today."

Yes, either spouse or Active Duty member can purchase and activate passes. However, no more than 6 passes can be activated at one time.

wdwfansince75
02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Brer Gnat...that's why it is always wise to ask a question....From the SoG website...

quote: No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time.

Policy and practice do sometimes differ...So...always a good idea to ask, if the policy is an obstacle..perhaps the practice will allow what the policy seems to deny.

pixiesmimi
02-14-2012, 09:21 AM
I think it is all who you talk to and how they interpret it. Too bad everyone is not on the same page. At our ITR on post, the paper they hand out says that all tickets have to be purchased at one time, but if you ask them, they will tell you that if you purchase two now, you can come back later and purchase 4 more, for a total of 6. :shrug:

Melanie
02-14-2012, 09:31 AM
I think it is all who you talk to and how they interpret it. Too bad everyone is not on the same page.

Yes, I think that's what it's come to. This offer is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get. ;)

mudpuppysmom
02-15-2012, 10:41 AM
So when is the exact end date on this......I'm not sure I read Sept 30 or Oct 31, 2012???

While we did not use this last year, this might be what I need to do this year with tix.

BrerGnat
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
So when is the exact end date on this......I'm not sure I read Sept 30 or Oct 31, 2012???

While we did not use this last year, this might be what I need to do this year with tix.

This one is September 30, 2012.

From www.disneyworld.com/military

Walt Disney World Resort is saluting U.S. military personnel by offering 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for just $138 each, now through September 30, 2012. For just $27 more, both the Park Hopper and Water Parks, Fun & More option may be added.
Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after September 30, 2012.

pixiesmimi
02-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Just to be clear on this, the $138 is a park hopper ticket. Park Hopper is included on the basic ticket this time.

BrerGnat
04-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Any word on whether this is going to be extended beyond September 30, 2012?

We are planning a Disneyland trip in November (tentatively), but a lot will ride on whether this offer is available or not.

Anyone heard anything? I know they announced the last extension around this time last year.

ANG
04-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Any word on whether this is going to be extended beyond September 30, 2012?

We are planning a Disneyland trip in November (tentatively), but a lot will ride on whether this offer is available or not.

Anyone heard anything? I know they announced the last extension around this time last year.

We are hoping for an extension as well, since we are going in October. Our MWR has no clue if it will be extended.

wdwfansince75
08-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Melanie started another thread on the extension...and other sites are reporting details...extended to September, 2013...with changes...
Supposedly, one base ITT released details...but Disney has not yet released their details.
Understand ticket offer is with an increase...about $18 per ticket..one change..for families with more than 4 kids, Disney will allow one ticket per eligible member (or spouse), and one ticket for each immediate family member.
Discount on rooms was also leaked, at 40% for deluxes, 35% for moderates and cabins.