PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your March experience

asrai555
10-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi There,
Can you tell me about your March Disney experience? I want to take advantage of free dining so check in would be 3/3 checkout would be 3/8. I'm worried about it being cold - especially since my kids love to swim!

Thanks!

Plex
10-24-2010, 12:19 PM
We actually went in March a few years ago and had an awesome time!

As far as temperature goes, it depends somewhat on what sort of climate you're used to. If I remember correctly it was in the 60's and 70's while we were there. Night time got a little chilly and ended up being a excuse to buy hoodies. :secret: I think swimming during the day would be fine, but I'd be careful of water later on in the evening. We're pretty comfortable in the cold, so we took advantage of that fact and rode Splash over and over again after dark! The only bit that was somewhat cumbersome was the need for warmer clothes on some nights. During the day it's definitely shorts and a t-shirt, so you're going to probably have to find some way to get your hands on warmer clothes for the night time.

The big up side to March is the crowd level - not a whole lot in the way of lines and crowds. The weather is really nice and a lot of the Flower and Garden Festival things are already installed/being installed at Epcot depending on your exact timing. Definitely was an awesome trip!

kakn7294
10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
We went in March 2009 - a bit later than you at March 8 - 15. The daytime temps were in the upper 70's to mid 80's so we wore t-shirts and shorts or capris. Evening temps were cooler, enough that some might require a jacket. My kids did swim in the evenings. The pools are heated but the air temps were too cool for the adults. I think during the day we would have been ok. It was busy but not nearly as crowded as in summer.

Daisy'sMom
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
The weather is up for grabs. Plan on nothing and bring a bit of everything. It can be cool, with highs in the 50s or it can be warm, highs in the 70s.
:mickey:

BrerGnat
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
There is NO consistency to the weather at that time of year.

One year, in March, we were wearing shorts and tank tops the whole week (end of March).

The next time (same week, end of March), our first two days were rainy, cloudy, and cold. We wore jeans, long sleeves, and light jackets.

This year, last week of March into first week of April, it was very mild...temps in the mid 70's, but there was WIND, and that made swimming challenging a couple days. Waiting for those water slides was rough. ;)

The weather and crowd levels definitely make up for the lack of "summer" activities, though, if it never gets warm enough. I'd highly recommend going in March!

tinkman
10-25-2010, 06:14 AM
We took the 3-day cruise and then onto the parks for 6 days the first week of March 2010. The cruise was cold, you need jackets and long pants the whole time, even at Castaway Cay. Then we got back to Disney World on 3-7 and the weather warmed up a little. Parks were comfortable with shorts and tee shirts after shedding jackets early on. No humidity at all. However, had no desire to swim as it was, at least to us, too cool. I think water would've been ok, but getting out would be a challenge.

BriarRose0708
10-25-2010, 08:16 AM
My most recent trip was this past March in the middle of the month. There wasn't one drop of rain, but it was chillier than I was used to in Florida since I usually go in June or October (but it was still a lot warmer than NY in March!). My sister and I kept our fleeces/hoodies on most of the time during the day and especially at night time. I had packed shorts but didn't wear them. We never had an opportunity to swim, but I believe most of the pools are heated.

PETE FROM NYC
10-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Most of our past trips were done 2nd or 3rd week in March.
We have had temps vary from upper 30s to the 70s, with much of the time what I call flannel shirt weather.