PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club/Boardwalk Inn questions.....

christinelee10
10-23-2010, 05:59 PM
My son is currently down at Disney on the College Program. We had originally booked the BWV for 12/11-12/18 for myself, DH and my 74 year old mother who has not been down to Disney since 1980!!
My son recently changed our reservation to the Boardwalk Inn, for the same price we paid for BWV we will get free dining for the week we are there also.
I called reservations and they have rooms available at BC and Yacht Club for same price. I have never stayed at any of these resorts, my questions are......do the rooms have a sleeper sofa, my son will be staying with us some nights?? Also, I know counter service is a problem at all 3 resorts, which resort do you recommend that has better lunch choices. I am planning on bringing my mom back to pool early afternoon and having lunch (to give her a rest).
Does the BW have a lot of nightly entertainment that we could walk around and enjoy??
Also, does anyone know the order that the buses to AK and MK pick up and drop off??(I understand the 3 resorts share the bus.....don't want to have my mom standing on way to parks.)
Thanks to everyone for any info they can share!!

Mitzie
10-23-2010, 06:27 PM
We will be staying at the BWI this week for the first time so I can't offer alot of help. When we did stay at BC, we really enjoyed Hurricane Hannah's which was right at the BC/YC pool for lunch. I don't think there is anything by the pool at BWI to get lunch. The quick service at BWI that is on the dining plan is the BW bakery which is out on the BW. I believe both BC and BWI have daybeds. People in the know please come and correct me on any of this if I am wrong.:)

disney323
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Is the reason the reservation was changed because you get the free dining plan? I am unsure why he changed the reservation if it was the same price.
I've stayed at the Inn once and it was very nice. We've since bought into DVC and stay in the villas. The Inn have either 2 queen beds and a daybed, or a king-size bed and a daybed. The Villa if a studio comes w/a kitchenette as well as a Queen bed and sleeper sofa (or the 1 bedroom sounds ideal for you guys. with a separate master bedroom/bath and pull out sofa in living room.)
Boardwalk is our absolute favorite. I wouldn't stay at BC or YC (we like them but they would be a 2nd choice.) Boardwalk is perfect for walking around at night and day and has several great dining options (ice cream shop and sweet shop too!)
As for the buses, I would hope someone would offer their seat for your mom to sit down! The order varies, some stop at Swan Dolphin too I think.
Have fun!

Maleficent's Dad
10-23-2010, 10:10 PM
do the rooms have a sleeper sofa, my son will be staying with us some nights??
No, not all rooms at these resorts have extra beds, and none have sleeper sofas. If you require a "day bed," it should be requested ahead of time, There are several rooms at the BC and the BWI that do NOT accomodate 5 people. It is a common misconception that all rooms at these resorts can accomadate 5. Most can - but it should be requested or noted ahead of time.

I know counter service is a problem at all 3 resorts, which resort do you recommend that has better lunch choices. I am planning on bringing my mom back to pool early afternoon and having lunch (to give her a rest).
They all have some choices for lunch. BC has the "Marketplace" which is probably the most convenient "CS-type" of choice. Both main pools offer limited food choices for lunch. BC/YC have Beaches and Cream - a VERY SMALL, yet fun soda shop. The BW has ESPN for lunch. Not sure if Kouzzina serves lunch...

Does the BW have a lot of nightly entertainment that we could walk around and enjoy??
Yes. From (about) 6:30 PM on, there are "shows" to view on the Boardwalk (weather permitting) nightly. Think of magicians, jugglers, etc...

Also, does anyone know the order that the buses to AK and MK pick up and drop off??(I understand the 3 resorts share the bus.....don't want to have my mom standing on way to parks.)
For the Magic Kingdom:
1. Bus goes from BW, to Swan, then Dolphin, then to MK.
2. Magic Kingdom to BW, then Swan, then Dolphin.
Normally, the MK buses do NOT share with BC/YC for BW and Swan/Dolphin.
BC/YC do share a bus to from the MK. YC first to be picked up, first dropped off.

For the Animal Kingdom:
1. This is shared by same three resorts enroute TO the Animal Kingdom. Same as MK.
2. However, the return trip is different. Shared by all five resorts on the way back. It's a LONG ride if you're at the BW. BW is the last stop for return trip.

Maleficent_vf
10-23-2010, 10:47 PM
We stayed in a recently refurbished room at BWI in May and it had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper. Though we didn't need it, the sofa sleeper was a big step up from the "day beds" that have been in BWI rooms we stayed in in past years. Not sure if it is a feature in every room. We were in a room off the quiet pool - lovely section.

Scar
10-24-2010, 04:26 AM
No, not all rooms at these resorts have extra beds, and none have sleeper sofas.My room at the Beach Club (not Villa) had a sofa that converted into a bed. So did the other 3 rooms of our party.

christinelee10
10-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for answering my questions. Some of those bus trips sound longgggggggg!! We did switch from BWV to BWI because we did not have the dining plan at BWV. Now for the same price we were paying for BWV room alone, we will have dining plan for week if we stay at either BWI, BC or YC.
Sounds like BW has alot going on at night which would be fun to walk around and enjoy.
We just returned from a short trip to Polynesian, I am looking forward to being closer to Epcot this trip.
I hope we will be able to get a room with a sleeper sofa, my son will be checking in for us and Disney is usually very good to their employees!!