PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary ideas?

ANG
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before :)

My family has a trip coming up to WDW right after Thanksgiving. DH and I honeymooned in Disney and will also be celebrating our 5th anniversary just 2 weeks before the trip. I was hoping to plan something fun and extra special for the 2 of us.

I'd rather not do the fireworks cruise, and since I'll be 5 months pregnant that rules out a few things. We're already booked to have dinner at the Maya Grill where we had gone our first night. We also did massages, and while they were nice, would like something new.

Any ideas?

BugeyedMuggy
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
A romantic carriage ride was alot of fun for us. My DH ordered me a bed of carnations with a glass slipper & a tiarra thru disney florist. A dinner at Artist Point one year with a personalized menu was also a hit.

faline
10-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Here's some ideas for Romance (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)at Disney World.

Make sure your celebration is noted on all your reservations. You never know what magic might happen as a result.

Not sure what your budget is but some things that come to mind are:
1. Dinnner at Victoria & Albert's
2. Private dining for 2 at a location overlooking the Magic Kingdom fireworks
3. A gift basket to be delivered to your room.

I won't suggest a tour as many of them require quite a bit of walking and you may find that a bit tiring.

faline
10-23-2010, 05:25 PM
A romantic carriage ride was alot of fun for us. My DH ordered me a bed of carnations with a glass slipper & a tiarra thru disney florist.

Great idea! I forgot about the carriage rides!

LittleRoosMommy
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
DH & I celebrated our Anniversary there 2 years ago. We had dinner at Artist Point with personalized menus, which was perfect! DH had a gift basket sent to our room with champagned and other goodies. He spoke with the maitre'd at AP and we were allowed to bring our champagne with us for dinner. We got a special dessert from the chef, who also came out to visit with us during dinner. It was perfect! Definitely make sure you note it on ALL your dining reservations! We got so many special things from different places: free desserts, tables decorated with confetti, autographed photos of Mickey & Minnie, etc. Oh, don't forget to get your anniversary buttons! It's so nice to have so many people wishing you good wishes while you're touring the parks! Have a great trip!

KAT1811
10-25-2010, 12:18 PM
If it were my anniversary i would have dinner at the California Grill at a time that coincides with Wishes and then hopefully have enough time to get down to the beach in time to see the Electrical Water pageant.