PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh Rides

WLGirl
10-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Our family is going to the world this December and I want to plan something different that we havent done before. Has anyone done the Christmas sleigh rides and exactly where are they held. I have read conflicting reports. One from the WL and Ft. Wildernesss campground and then the ones at POR. Which did you do? and would you recommend it? Thanks...

faline
10-23-2010, 05:26 PM
My undertanding is that, in the past, the holiday sleigh rides originated from Wilderness Lodge. There are carriage rides in both Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans.

tundramom
10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
We did the sleigh ride at WL 5 years ago as a special surprise for niece (8) and DD(10). The sleigh and horse were beautiful, but all the girls said about the ride was that the horse smelled, lesson learned. The horse smelled like a horse smells when you are that close to the back end:blush: The ride was from under the port cochere, down the drive, into the woods and back all told about 20 minutes. Really not terribly scenic, I think it followed a path that connects WL to FW, we did see several walkers along the way. Nice pictures at the outset, not sure I'd do it again, but definitely would not dissuade anyone that was interested.