PDA

View Full Version : Music on the bus

mickeynutsdh
10-22-2010, 03:13 PM
One of my favorite parts of the magic is the happy music that is all over the place. I would love it if they would extend this piece of the magic to the busses. Wouldn't it be nice to ride back to the hotel when you are tired at night, with spectromagic, IASW, You Can Fly, playing in the background?:magic:

retiredfigment
10-22-2010, 04:13 PM
We just came back from the DW and stayed at Port Orleans. Every time we came back, the bus played jazz music. Going to a park, the busses played music related to that park.

crltkcagle
10-22-2010, 04:15 PM
My favorite bus music is when the bus is approaching MK and the mickey mouse march comes on! Gets me excited every time I hear it!

magicofdisney
10-22-2010, 06:03 PM
The All Star Music bus almost always plays music back to the hotel but it's not always Disney music. One late night they were playing "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks. It was kind of neat how so many people on the bus were singing along. :thumbsup:

Since we primarily stay at values this is my experience. I don't recall Pop, Sports or Movies regularly playing music back to the resort. As pp mentioned, many play music coming into the parks. My favorite is the AK music coming into AK.

Nini
10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I love the Disney music, and the different themed music being played in the parks, buses, and resorts. This is the reason I will most likely never go back for Christmas again. I'm glad we experienced it once, but I got so sick of Christmas music, and so missed the regular music that it was actually less enjoyable for me.

Only 95 more days!! :D

Denise

tundramom
10-22-2010, 11:07 PM
A whole bus of tired people singing "Wasted away again in Margaritaville...":marg::marg: on the way back to OKW- one of our favorite bus memories!

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2010, 11:23 PM
In our experience the buses always have music playing. We've noticed resort specific music when arriving back at our resorts and theme part related music when arriving at the parks. One year, back when the drivers talked with their passengers, we had a bus driver get the entire bus to sing the 12 days of Christmas one night on the way back to WL from DTD. We were almost at the end of the song when we arrived and he didn't open the doors till we finished. Its one of my fondest memories of a bus ride in WDW. Everyone seemed so happy on that particular bus.

I do tend to agree with the Christmas music comment someone made. As much as I love the holidays in WDW I do miss the Disney music. Last Thanksgiving after spending 12 nights in Disney I was getting tired of what seemed like constant Christmas music no matter where we were. Lounging at the pool at the Poly I would have rathered hear tropical music instead of Christmas tunes all day.

DisneyDudet
10-23-2010, 12:19 AM
The music on the buses were an addition when the buses were equipped with GPS and route designations. The narration was added as well. This happened a few years back.

I will say it is quite fun to get those few bus routes that have some pretty fun song choices... Especially when the buses are crowded! Everyone plays along. The best music is from the parks to Pop, ASMovies, and OKW!

mickeynutsdh
10-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Ugh, shows it's been way toooooo loooonnnnggggg since we've been, sounds like my idea is old news

plutosnana
10-23-2010, 11:11 AM
never noticed..

:goofy:

EJS-Houston
10-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I"ve been staying in All-Star Sports, and while there usually has been music playing it's not always Disney music. I agree with Mickeynutsdh...I'd like it even better if it were all Disney music.

MCeee
10-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Buses to/from AKL always have great relaxing music playing... actual music from the AK. Seems like something kind of trips it to come on whenever the bus gets close to AKL returning "home"... its cool.

Zawadi
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to ride back to the hotel when you are tired at night, with spectromagic, IASW, You Can Fly, playing in the background?:magic:

IASW???? In the words of Scar "Anything but that!!!!!" :D:D

#1donaldfan
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I love the POR busses background "music" .... the crickets chirping put me right to sleep on those rides back after a long hard day playing !!:thumbsup:

Gator
10-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I remember the buses having music. The ASMovies would play Fantasia/Toy Story/101 Dalmatians music to and from the parks. And the buses to and from the AKLodge would play some tribal music. I don't remember hearing it on the other trips, but my DD pointed it out to me two trips ago. Funny how observant they are. All I could think about was how long I had to wait, only to get standing room only.

LudwigVonDrake
10-31-2010, 11:27 AM
My favorite bus music is when the bus is approaching MK and the mickey mouse march comes on! Gets me excited every time I hear it!

I agree!!! And it usually interrupts whatever is playing :mickey:

Granny Jill A
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't mind the music to and from the parks, but the volume sometimes interferes with a normal conversation. We often find ourselves shouting at each other over the music, the recorded announcements, and other passengers.

One suggestion - at night when everyone is tired, turn the music to softer, quieter selections so we can chill out and get ready to hit the sack when we get to the resort.
Something by Jiminy Cricket would be nice - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.....

SuzieBell
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Love the music on the bus! We've always done PoP. One day the bus was so crowed, (it was July) and we were practically sitting on the bus drivers lap, he was making all his pre-recorded announcements and I told him no one was listening. We were on our way to MK so he popped in a different theme parks announement and added all sorts of jokes, and saying the park was closing in an hour! People were :confused:! It was funny! Guess you had to be there! Everyone started laughing!

Frog
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I love the POR busses background "music" .... the crickets chirping put me right to sleep on those rides back after a long hard day playing !!:thumbsup:

Wife and I this summer heard the crickets in the yard and immediatly quized the kids... and they got it right!!! Love the music... another example of the Disney "it" factor...

brad192
11-03-2010, 04:32 PM
I can remember waaaaay back in the '70s when there was only MK, that there was no music at all on the busses. The drivers had a whole spiel they would say that included park hours, trivia about MK and Disney in general, special events, and points of interest (like the long gone topiaries).

When I was there in '07, the first morning I jumped on a bus to MK that had an "old school" driver that still did the spiel! It was a crazy retro "blast from the past", and brought back fond memories of our family trips when I was young. :cloud9:

The music is kinda nice though...;)