PDA

View Full Version : Handycap rooms

comicorner
10-22-2010, 03:10 PM
We are looking to visit DW this spring and need at least a 2 BR living arrangements with a decent size living room area to place a hospital bed.
My finance needs a hospital bed to stay in and we need a fairly decent size room to place it in. If anyone knows of such a place I would greatly appreciate comments.

PETE FROM NYC
10-22-2010, 04:19 PM
It will not be cheap, but the only places I could think of would be one of the Disney Vacation Club 2 BR villas.
We just stayed in Bay Lake Tower in a 1 BR, and had plenty of room for DW and I to park and charge our scooters, plus we had a full kitchen,and laundry facilities.

ElenitaB
10-22-2010, 10:03 PM
If you're willing to stay offsite, All Star Vacation Homes has a few houses with disabilities-friendly features. I may be mistaken but I think that they have one or two with hospital beds or can easily arrange for the rental of one.

If you want to stay on property, talk with Disney first. Having a person on a bed in the living room would impact the headcount per room which they are very strict about (thankfully so).

tundramom
10-22-2010, 11:10 PM
:welcome::welcome: Thanks for joining us, we hope you'll find that :rocks: