PDA

View Full Version : Show and Tell ADRs

White Rose
10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
My goal this evening was to complete my ADRs for my trip to WDW from 1/11-1/18. Let me tell you something--this was a lot more stressful then I remember in the past and I was still using the phone to make ADRs on my last trip back in 2006! I normally am such a stickler for planning ADRs around EMH...I'm realizing now that for my trip in January, this is not going to be possible (based on spending one day in IOA and also because I want to be in MK for my birthday AND on our first full day in Orlando). I also have to learn how to be spontaneous. Not something that comes naturally to me...

Anyway! Without further ado! My ADRs:

Tuesday, January 11th
Teppan Edo, 6:30pm

Wednesday, January 12th
Chef Mickey's, 5:10pm (I know most don't like this place, but I have a soft spot for it and my friend, who hasn't been since she was about 8, is coming and I think she'd love the character interaction)

Thursday, January 13th
IOA day--No planned ADRs

Friday, January 14th (My BIRTHDAY)
California Grill, 9:15pm

Saturday, January 15th
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe, 7:00pm

Sunday, January 16th
50s Prime Time Cafe, 3:00pm (subject to change because I planned this as this is the ONLY day showing for Fantasmic while I'm there...but, I also really want to do MK EMH. Dilemma.)

Monday, January 17th
Les Chefs de France, 5:00pm

Tuesday, January 18th
Kona Cafe, 9:20am (I'm super excited for this, as I want to try Tonga Toast and also because I've never been to the Poly, so hoping to squeeze in some time there)

So...thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

SBETigg
10-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I actually find making ADRs much less stressful with the ability to make them online. But the planning always has some moments.

I think you have a nice mix, some character, some fun, some really fine dining. Perfect. Enjoy!

Scar
10-21-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm going to be there next week. Zero stress, no ADR's.

cer
10-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Great line up.

Another idea for the 16th, if you want to do EMH at MK, you could try for an early dinner ADR at Ohana and then monorail to MK for EMH.

More time at the Poly and Ohana is a great experience!

We have traveled 3 times in late Jan/early Feb and usually are ones to open the park. I have found that by the end of the day, with it being so much cooler and low crowds, we don't usually take advantage of the evening EMH. It gets dark earlier that time of year and we are just pretty much done at park closing. I don't know what your experience will be or how you travel, but that has been our experience - so I usually don't bother with the evening EMH at that time of year. Now if it were warmer, I think it would be different. All that to say, you may get there and find you won't miss the evening EMH....

Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

brivers222
10-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Wednesday, January 12th
Chef Mickey's, 5:10pm (I know most don't like this place, but I have a soft spot for it and my friend, who hasn't been since she was about 8, is coming and I think she'd love the character interaction)

You know i haven't been there since i was 9 either... 33 now. I couldn't get it booked on our last trip, but i will try for it next trip as we will be on the monorail loop.

Sunday, January 16th
50s Prime Time Cafe, 3:00pm (subject to change because I planned this as this is the ONLY day showing for Fantasmic while I'm there...but, I also really want to do MK EMH. Dilemma.)

Is the EMH at night? if so do what you can, we actually skipped fantasmic (watched it in its entirety on YouTube) because i didn't want to tie up 2 hours of our day waiting for it... Its a great show, but i would rather spend the day in HS (GO TO 50's Prime time :D ) and then close it out at MK as everyone else is flocking to Fantasmic! 50's is a not miss IMHO... amazing food!

Monday, January 17th

Awesome choice, another NOT TO MISS on any of our trips!

Tuesday, January 18th
Kona Cafe, 9:20am (I'm super excited for this, as I want to try Tonga Toast and also because I've never been to the Poly, so hoping to squeeze in some time there)

Poly is amazing! went to Kona once before and liked it... We are honeymooning there (at the poly lol not kona) next december! Just walking into the ceremonial house and getting your first Aloha, transports you to the islands!!! However, when we eat at the poly its usually breakfast and dinner at 'Ohana!

DisneyDINK
10-22-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm going the following week for my birthday (21st). I'm staying at the Poly for the first time. We have a few of the same choices. There are a lot of good dining choices and you can't hit them all; don't second-guess. Looks like you did a great job to me, good variety.

I love the CG. Maybe you'll want to show up early for a drink depending on when Wishes shows. The Tonga Toast at Kona is good, but a SERIOUS dose of sugar, be warned! I always like the service at Teppan Edo.

White Rose
10-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Thank you to everyone for your feedback! It's appreciated.

Actually, brivers222it was your trip report that ended up making me choose Les Chefs de France. :blush: You just made everything sound so good! Also, I'm still on the fence about the EMH and Fantasmic. I'll probably keep 50s Prime Time Cafe--just a bit nervous, as when I was there in June '06, the food wasn't great that, so I'm hoping it is better now! I'm a Fantasmic groupie and the friend that is coming along with me (who hasn't been to WDW since about 8) has never seen it, so I'm still not sure.

DisneyDINK--I'm pretty certain that's precisely what we're going to do. I'd love to have a glass of wine and just leisurely watch the fireworks. Should def be a nice time!

cer--Thanks so much! Those insights are much appreciated. I've only traveled to Disney in the summer (never again) or October (back in '98), so I was curious as to how the crowds would be around this time of year. Sounds like I made a good decision and hopefully, maybe, I won't have to do the EMH. But, MK...!

Thanks again everyone!

brivers222
10-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Thank you to everyone for your feedback! It's appreciated.

Actually, brivers222it was your trip report that ended up making me choose Les Chefs de France. :blush: You just made everything sound so good! Also, I'm still on the fence about the EMH and Fantasmic. I'll probably keep 50s Prime Time Cafe--just a bit nervous, as when I was there in June '06, the food wasn't great that, so I'm hoping it is better now! I'm a Fantasmic groupie and the friend that is coming along with me (who hasn't been to WDW since about 8) has never seen it, so I'm still not sure.

Awww yay i am glad i could help ya out! To be honest the last time I was at 50s PT was in May 2006 and i have to say that the food was even better this time around. Adrianne had the Pot Roast so I got to try some of that... wow it was really good. By the time we were finishing, I was just remembering that shoot, I forgot to take a picture!!! which is why in my albums all you get is the bones on the plate lol. They did sneak in some collard Greens (sp?) with the chicken. First time having them, not to shabby. But when I saw them offered at dinner later in the week, i didn't have enough guts to try them again.

KAT1811
10-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Tuesday, January 11th
Teppan Edo, 6:30pm
Sounds like it is a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me I'm not a fan of Japanese cuisine.

Wednesday, January 12th
I keep telling myself to try it for the kids but like you I don't like it did it once and don't want to do it again. I do love 1900 Park Fare and the kids love it too so that gets me out of Chef Mickey's. Maybe when DS gets a little older (19 months now) I'll bite the bullet and try it again.

Thursday, January 13th
IOA day--No planned ADRs

Friday, January 14th (My BIRTHDAY)
California Grill, 9:15pm
I love CG! The view is amazing!

Saturday, January 15th
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe, 7:00pm
I haven't tried this one yet but would like to fit it in someday.

Sunday, January 16th
Not a fan of the food but love the antics if you get a server that plays along. Why not do a dinner at one of the MK resorts then hop over to the MK after?

Monday, January 17th
Hoping to try this one day too. It's so hard to fit in all of our favorites and try something new. Maybe next time.

Tuesday, January 18th
The Poly is amazing. Very pretty. Try and take a walk outside on the beach if you have time.

So...thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Have a great trip!!!! :mickey: