PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Day 2012

Mr. Brass Bonanza
10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
We're considering a trip in early January 2012. In my past experience, it seemed a lot of people who were there during Christmas Week left on January 2. In 2012, January 1 is a Sunday, so I'm thinking more people might leave on that day so they would not have to take Monday, January 2 off from work.

It would greatly help my schedule if we were to fly down on Sunday, January 1 instead of Monday, January 2. Is that a terrible idea, or might the crowds be a little less because of the possible scenario I mentioned?

Any input would be great!

Thanks.

Scar
10-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Personally, I wouldn't worry about crowds at the parks on your arrival day, you can deal with it for 1/2 day and enjoy low crowds the rest of the week.

What I would be concered about are crowded airports and delays. Get there early.

BrerGnat
10-21-2010, 02:40 PM
If New Year's day falls on a Sunday, most employers take Monday off in "observance". So, I don't necessarily think that will factor in too heavily, BUT most people would probably still leave on that Sunday.

In the past, I've traveled on actual holidays and found airfare wonderful and airports rather empty (compared to flying a day before or after a major holiday).

Mr. Brass Bonanza
10-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Ah, good point BrerGnat about people having Monday off. I think we're going to go for it...both of you made good points. Thanks!