PDA

View Full Version : Mickey, Magic, and Muggles: Part 8

IloveJack
10-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Saturday, October 16, 2010: Hollywood Studios

We were up and at the park by 8:10 for Early Magic Hours. I'd planned to go straight to Toy Story Mania, but as we were walking by the hat, Paige saw characters. We gave in and met Piglet. Sammie, again, refused to get close. We also met Stitch, and David and I got our picture with him. He is one of our favorites.
David could tell that I was getting antsy, so after those two, we headed toward TSM. I sent him to the fast pass line, and the other three of us got in the stand-by line. The park had only been open for 20 minutes, and the fast pass return time was already 11:35. The stand-by line was posted as 60 minutes, but was really only about 45. We really enjoyed the queue, taking lots of pictures on our way through line. Sammie loved all the "lo's" (her word for crayons), so we made sure to get a picture of her hugging one. David scored the highest, then me... his score was 120,300, and mine was 101,700 . Paige had 87,300. Of course, Sammie didn't understand what to do, but she had fun wearing her 3-D glasses and watching the animals.
As we were exiting the ride, the green army men showed up and did their little exercising show. We watched until they brought up kids from the crowd, then we walked off. They were quite funny, but we had lots we wanted to do. We walked to Adventures into Narnia, but only wanted to see Caspian. We were sad to hear he had returned to Narnia forever, so we moved on.
I'd planned breakfast at Starring Rolls, but obviously, so had a bunch of other people. It took 10 minutes to get into the bakery. David and I needed to burn some snack credits, so he got a turnover and a chocolate croissant, and I got a Butterfinger cupcake and cinnamon roll. I shared with Sammie, and Paige gave her some milk. I didn't eat the cupcake, and ended up throwing it away after it melted later.
We decided to attack the park in a clockwise manner, so we walked toward Indiana Jones. The next show wasn't for 45 minutes, so we went to see Muppets 3D. Not the best idea, as Sammie was afraid of the dark and the noises, again. But once the bunny came out, she kept calling to him, saying, "Here, bunny. Here, bunny." She loved the bubbles, as well. I wanted to take Sammie to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playset, so we went there afterwards. She had a ton of fun getting to run and play. She loves slides, and there are multiple, so she was enjoying herself greatly. Paige finally said, "Show starts in 10 minutes," and we drug Sammie out.
We watched Indiana Jones from the far left, but Sammie still cried. I thought she'd be okay with the noise, since it wasn't dark, but she wasn't. However, once Indy had taken the statue and been rolled over, Sammie became convinced that she could have that big ball (hehe!). She begged for it until after the Cairo scene, when she got worried that the "Vroom, vroom went boom." It was a pretty funny show with her commentary.
We had lunch at Pizza Planet. The line was ridiculous just to order, but at least we weren't starving, yet. We got 3 pepperoni pizzas and three Mickey Rice Krispy treats. We sat upstairs, which made Paige happy, as she loves the aliens from Toy Story. She kept repeating, "The claw has chosen us," over and over again. Sammie decided to make her pizza a boat, shoving a straw into it and then eating it. Crazy kid!
David and I had missed Lights, Motors, Action every time we'd come before, so we headed there next for the 1:15 showing. Cool show. Even Sammie liked it. On our way there, we met Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater. Sammie liked the "vroom, vrooms" and willingly stood by them to get her picture taken.
When the show was over, I called Disney Dining. We had ADRs at Cape May for the next morning, and I knew that there was no way Sammie was going to get a picture with any of the Fab Five. So I was just hoping that they had an opening at 1900 Park Fare. I figured she would at least like seeing Alice and Mary Poppins. Well, they did! I took the 9:25, their only opening, and canceled our Cape May.
On our way out of the car show, we were discussing where to go next, and a family decided to give us their fast passes to Toy Story Mania. They gave us 4 for 6:10-7:00. We still had ours from earlier, but we took them anyway. Then a CM heard us discussing characters and told us where we could meet Mike Wazowski. Sammie didn't like him, either. No surprise there.
We decided to use our Toy Story fast passes next. As we were getting in line, I heard a mom say, "Sorry, Son, they're all gone. We'll have to try again another time." The stand-by line was about two hours long, so I can understand them not wanting to stand in line. I asked if they'd ever ridden, and she said they hadn't. So I gave them the extra fast passes that we'd been given. It seemed to make their day, and I was happy to give them to them. We ended up not having time for them later anyhow. This time, my score was the lowest of the three. My arm was hurting by the time we got off the ride. I don't know how people ride that often.
As we were passing the hat, Paige pointed out that it was time for the parade, so we asked a CM where we could sit and then staked out our spot. We were at the second stopping point, so while we waited, a CM got out parachutes and let the kids play. I took Sammie to the first one, and then promptly left. The bigger kids were ripping it out of her hands. As soon as we got back to David and Paige, another CM got out another parachute and motioned us over. This time, it was just little kids, and Sammie had a ball. Actually, she got one, too. They put "Block Party" Nerf balls on the chute and let the kids toss them. Sammie ended up with a blue one to take with her. She really enjoyed dancing with the CMs during the parade, but would shy back every time Flik (who was the closest character) came near us. At the end, when they started tossing balls, David tried to catch one for her, but couldn't. A CM tried to get one to us, but the other kids grabbed it. But, Paige saw a loose one and grabbed it for Sammie. So she ended up with a green and blue ball to take home. We promptly put them away, as she'd have thrown them and lost them in the park.

faline
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
It was very nice of you to provide the fast passes to the family who had never been on Toy Story before! I'll bet you made their day!

brivers222
10-21-2010, 02:55 PM
That was super nice of you! it always feels good to do something nice for others on the trip... like when we gave our buzz and tink glow toys to family who had a little buzz and little tink dressed up for the halloween party!

I have never been on TSM and i am feeling that I never will as I don't want to wait in anything over 20mins hehe and we don't arrive at the parks until around noon.

ah well it sounds like fun!

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
10-23-2010, 01:30 PM
That was really nice of you about the TSM fast passes!! :)
We did the same thing for a family that we met up with that had never been on it. We only had 2 fast passes and the family had 3 children who wanted to ride. The CM at the line was nice enough to let them all in regardless of how many FP they had :) I thought that was really nice of them.
That was a really good call about switching to 1900 park fare for your daughter. I can't wait to read and see how it went for her. I love that breakfast.
Your daughter and her commentary sounds really funny :) She is a funny little girl already!

KylesMom
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Overall another successful day so far. Glad you were able to see the shows you wanted & visit TSM on two separate occasions. How very kind to share your FPs with the other family - nicely done! :thumbsup: :mickey:

DizNee143
10-28-2010, 11:27 AM
what a great day at the studios! :mickey:

Suz36
11-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Doesn't it feel great to help spread the magic? I agree with you - my arm is always sore when we come off of TSM, from trying so hard to beat DH! Another great day!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
thanks for the report