PDA

View Full Version : Mickey, Magic, and Muggles: Part 4

IloveJack
10-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Thursday, October 14, 2010 (My 30th birthday): Magic Kingdom plus Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Stitch and Mickey called at 6:45, as we were trying to make it to morning Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. However, David and Paige had to have showers still. It took a while to convince either of them to wake up, but we were out of the room by 8:00. We hadn't made it to Everything Pop before midnight last night, so we stopped there this morning to get our refillable mugs and we used a snack credit on a bottle of milk for Sammie.
A bus was waiting for the Magic Kingdom. Obviously we weren't the only ones running late, as when we got on, so did about 40 others, running up behind us. We headed to Guest Services, as we needed to exchange our Give-A-Day, Get-A-Day vouchers. Paige didn't volunteer in time, so she had to purchase a day's ticket. We walked straight through the gate and into Pinocchio's line. Sammie wasn't as bad with him, but still wouldn't touch him or let him touch her. David took the camera and went to take pictures of the jack-o-lanterns down Main Street.
Breakfast that day was at the Main Street bakery, where I got a humongous cinnamon roll (my "birthday cake"), Paige got a ham and cheese croissant, and David got an apple turnover. We tried sharing with Sammie, but she wouldn't eat much.
We walked all the way down Main Street to the last Photo Pass photographer we could find, and then got a family (plus Paige) picture with the castle and the Partners statue. We headed through the castle toward Fantasyland, but decided to go to Toon Town first. We did meet Mary Poppins on the way, though. However, Toon Town wasn't open, yet. So we walked to Tomorrowland to get Fast Passes for Buzz Lightyear. We got them, then realized the stand-by line was only 5 minutes long, so we got in line. I really enjoy this ride, and my score was 100,000 more than the other two. Sammie rode with me, but doesn't yet understand the concept. Paige only got 7,000, so I tried to explain what to shoot at later. We took both girls' pictures with Zurg on the way out. Tell me why Sammie will hold Zurg's hand, but won't touch Tigger?
We walked back to Toon Town, after that. I wanted to get lots of pictures, as I know Mickey and Minnie's houses' lives are short-lived. We walked through Minnie's house, and then over to Pixie Hollow. The princesses line was much shorter than the fairies, so we put David in the fairies line, and we went to see the princesses.
Same story as last night, Sammie loved them. She sat in their laps, hugged them multiple times, and tried to play with their "royal stuff." It was at this time that I was really happy that I'd pre-ordered the photo pass cd. I traded a pin here, too... another Tink.
Speaking of Tink, Paige and Sammie headed to meet David, and I went to look in the store. I'd wanted to buy Sammie a Duffy bear, as I'd bought her the book for her birthday last year. I didn't buy him any clothes, though, which the CM thought was funny (not sure why it mattered). I took him to Sammie in line, and she immediately fell in love. The line took quite a while, and we were disappointed when we entered the room. Tink was nowhere to be found. We met Iridessa and Fawn, but we'd wanted to meet Tink. After all, she's my favorite, and Sammie really likes her, too. Oh well.
We tried to ride Goofy's barnstormer, but Sammie was about 2 inches too short. I didn't want her to get wet on Donald's boat, so David took some pictures, and we walked through Mickey's house. Why is it that you can sit on and touch everything in Minnie's house, yet all of Mickey's house is fenced off? So annoying. We chose not to stand in the long line for Mickey, as Sammie would've been scared anyhow.
We were hungry by then, so we headed to Cosmic Ray's for lunch. I've eaten there twice now, and never seen Sonny Eclipse, by the way. David and I got a half-chicken and ribs, and LARGE drinks. Paige got the nuggets, and Sammie shared with her.
We were going to ride Buzz again afterwards, but could only find 2 of the 3 fast passes. So David stayed with Sammie while Paige and I rode. She did much better this time, since I was pointing out the high scoring targets on the way. I, again, was amazed at how many people will stand in the super long stand-by line instead of using fast pass.
We were headed toward Pirates and Adventureland when we ran into the Street Party Celebrate parade. Sammie loved dancing in the street, and she and Paige danced in the Conga line with Mickey. After that, we rode Pirates. Sammie got a little nap here, as it was broken down for about an hour, while we floated between "Dead men tell no tales" and Barbossa. At least it was cool, but there's no cell signal down there for us facebook addicts.
Paige wanted to meet Pirate Goofy in the pirate shop, so we stood in line. I trade another pin, while there. Sammie did NOT like Goofy. I was going to just take a picture with him, but Goofy tried a little too hard, I mean, kept on trying to get Sammie to come to him, when she was obviously upset, and when he touched her, she screamed at him. Only time a character has annoyed me, ever.
We wanted to make sure we rode our favorite rides before leaving the park, so we walked on to Haunted Mansion. We, again, ran into a parade, and actually got pretty decent seats to have just walked up on it. Sammie enjoyed it, but didn't so much like Drizella, even though she played with Sammie's Pooh necklace. Paige wouldn't ride any of the Mountains with David (which upset him, but he refused to ride alone), so after the Mansion, we left the park for a nap.

faline
10-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Sounds like things went a bit more smoothly on this day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the report:thumbsup:

brivers222
10-21-2010, 02:15 PM
So thats where I could have met pirate goofy... darn so close but yet so far!

Were people getting ansy on the Pirates ride...sitting for an hour there not knowing when it was going to end?

I got stuck at the front of the line in splash mountain for 15mins waiting for it to start up... i cant imagine being on a ride for an hour

IloveJack
10-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Were people getting ansy on the Pirates ride...sitting for an hour there not knowing when it was going to end?

Actually, I guess we were with a fairly calm group of people. Most people just chatted or took a nap :).

sassy2000
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=IloveJack;2112333]Thursday, October 14, 2010 (My 30th birthday): Magic Kingdom plus Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

After that, we rode Pirates. Sammie got a little nap here, as it was broken down for about an hour, while we floated between "Dead men tell no tales" and Barbossa. At least it was cool, but there's no cell signal down there for us facebook addicts.
QUOTE]

That is so crazy! We were at Magic Kingdom on Sunday Oct 10 on Pirates and it broke down also. Sounds like the same thing. We sat on the boat for about 35 minutes before they sent cast members out into the water to push the boats backwards toward an unloading area. We were at MK on Thursday also and joked about getting back on Pirates before we left but decided not too. It actually would have been quite funny if we had got stuck on it again. I think my DD3 would have had a fit.

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
10-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Wow an hour on Pirates? That is some people's dream come true! LOL :)
I think you said that is when Sammie was sleeping.....what lucky timing that was!

KylesMom
10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Tell me why Sammie will hold Zurg's hand, but won't touch Tigger?
How funny! Good day, lots of character interaction and PhotoPass pics! :mickey:

DizNee143
10-28-2010, 11:01 AM
sounds like a very productive day so far!! :mickey:
so glad shes willing to at least meet the face characters!

Suz36
11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the great report!