PDA

View Full Version : Mickey, Magic, and Muggles: Part 3

IloveJack
10-21-2010, 10:29 AM
We took a bus to Epcot and were in the park at 6:00. We stopped for a Photo pass pic with the ball, and then took a potty break. While the girls were in the restroom, Alex leaned against one of the Leave a Legacy things and burned his hand. David sent him and Jeff to Guest Services and he waited for us. I could tell by the look on David's face when we exited the rest room that we were going to be wasting more time. By the time we walked to First Aid, Alex was fine. In fact, he threw the ice pack away immediately after showing his mom.
I wanted to spend the few hours of park time we had left in World Showcase, to snack on some things from the Food and Wine festival, and because we could do Future World during Extra Magic Hours. Specifically, I wanted a picture with the Pooh gang first, before they left for the night, as we have one from last year, too. So we headed that way. I got some of the cheddar cheese soup from Canada's kiosk, but I didn't really like it. I did eat it though.
Our friends had paid for quite a few character meals, so they weren't in the mood to stand in line for characters, and just wandered a bit. We met Pooh and Tigger, and Sammie again freaked out. Well, she mostly just whimpered and hid her face in my shoulder. Tigger really tried, and even rubbed her arm. Uh oh! Bad idea! She squealed, and Tigger ran and hid his face in the corner. It was so cute! Sammie said bye and blew him a kiss to make up for it. She was always extra happy when getting to say "bye" to the characters!
When we got to France, we hit another snag. Nobody seemed to be able to decide what to do, so we all went our own way, which ended up taking extra time. Paige and Sammie (well, sort of) met Marie, Christy took pictures of the Beauty and the Beast topiaries, David and Jeff tried to get the Kim Possible things to work without actually having the communicator, and Alex ran around with the empty stroller. David and Jeff finally decided that they would walk down to Germany, because David wanted to buy some ice wine. Christy and Alex just kind of dissapeared. Since they all left us; Paige, Sammie, and I went to meet Belle.
Oh, so it's not all characters, just those with masks... Sammie really enjoyed meeting the princesses. She ran up and gave Belle a hug and sat in her lap. Paige got an autograph, and we moved on to Morocco. On the way, I stopped at the Belgium kiosk and got a waffle.
We were standing in line to meet Jasmine and Aladdin, when David showed back up. He was annoyed that we'd only made it to Morocco by then, but I told him that we were doing what we wanted, since everyone else left. He said that our friends left him, and he'd just turned around and come back. He wanted us to leave the line and move on. But since I knew these were characters that Sammie would actually meet, I stayed put. I promised him that we'd make it to Germany before the night was up.
And we did. As soon as we met Jasmine and Aladdin, we walked straight to Germany, although David made a pit stop for some Samuel Adams in the United States. I'd wanted to check out the new Werther's store, so we went in. We took one look around, and immediately got in the long line to buy snacks. It took some explaining to communicate that I wanted a block of chocolate covered caramel and a caramel covered brownie using snack credits, and that I was buying two bars of Mondos with cash. Paige got a caramel apple. I'd find out later that my explaining wasn't good enough.
Kristin (Georgesgirl1) called while I was in the store and said that they were headed that way to meet us. We met on the Intercot boards about 3 years ago, when we were both pregnant with our first children. We still post frequently on the Moms and Moms-to-be board, but we're also now Facebook friends. When I realized we'd be in Disney at the same time, we planned to meet, since we'd never actually met in real life. David and George (her husband) hit it off fairly well, and Sammie liked Myers (her son)... although they were both rather sleepy, so they didn't exactly run and play.
We discussed dinner plans, finally decided to walk all the way back around to the UK for dinner at Yorkshire. We were talking about our love of Disney, and how she met Lacy (another I'cot friend and mommy). David went his own way again, to get a souvenir Rose and Crown glass with some type of beer (I don't drink, so I don't really care). It's our favorite Epcot restaurant, and this was our first trip where we didn't eat there. Paige, Sammie, and I stood in line 3 times to get our food (a CM kept moving us around, causing us to stand in line 3 times over... grr), but it didn't take too terribly long. Paige met Connor, a CM from Northern Ireland, and after a ditzy moment on her part, got to talk to him for a minute while we waited on our food.
Kristin's family and mine sat on the curb by the tea shoppe and ate. David had shown back up just as we sat to eat. We enjoyed each other's company as we ate, and then decided to watch Illuminations together. Neither Myers nor Sammie were too happy about that. They both would watch for a minute, then cry for a while, then watch again. We even tried earplugs, to no avail.
We said our goodbyes to Kristin's family, and then parted ways. David, Paige, Sammie, and I headed to the Seas with Nemo and friends. Sammie adores fish (as seen before), but she'd fallen asleep. I was sad, because last year, this was her favorite ride. But, luck would have it, she woke up, just as we sat down in the clam shell. She loved the ride... again. Then we went to Turtle Talk with Crush. We've never done this before, and it was pretty cute. I find some of the humor of Disney "shows" cheesy (Monster's Inc., anyone?), but this had me laughing out loud. I'd love to know how it works, but then again, I like the "magic."
Sammie had yet to have a nap, other than the 10 minute walk from the UK to Nemo, and I was shocked that she was still awake and not cranky. We weren't going to miss Soarin' so we headed there next. We used baby swap, for the first time ever, and Paige rode with David first. She almost chickened out again, but he talked her into this one. She was glad he did, and rode with me the second time. When we got off the ride, Sammie was sleeping in David's arms. Paige's proclamation was "That was so totally cool!"
We called it a night after that, as it was already well after 11:00, and the park closed at midnight. I couldn't have ridden much else, anyway. Paige was intrigued by the lights in the ground as we left the park.
Our bus was the farthest stop away, but at least it was there when we arrived. David wished me a happy birthday, "Old woman," as the bus' clock said midnight. It didn't take long to get back to Pop, and we went straight to our room. We unpacked some, and then I got a shower while everyone else went to sleep. It was 1:19 when I turned out the lights and got in bed.

faline
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
What a long day! It's nice you discovered that the face characters are acceptable!

And it's always fun when you get to meet other Intercotees!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Whew, a full day:blush:

brivers222
10-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Great day sounds like my type of full day usage!

Seems like Sammie and I have much in common... a love of the princesses :thumbsup:

Joannelet
10-22-2010, 09:18 PM
How great to meet someone from intercot! :)
Wow what another busy and LONG day!!!
Great report

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
10-28-2010, 10:56 AM
what a long great day!
thats why it kinda stinks sometimes going with a large crowd..nice to think about..but when it comes to actually be its a bit hectic!

Suz36
10-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Cheddar cheese soup and Belgian waffles - you are making me hungry!

Glad Sammie liked the princesses.

I can't wait to hear how your birthday went!

cer
11-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Hate it when no one can decide on what to do next.