PDA

View Full Version : Mickey, Magic, and Muggles: Part 1

IloveJack
10-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 : Travel

David and I have been trying for baby number 2 for a few months now, but, to put it nicely, my body wasn't cooperating. However, I didn't want to go to Disney, ride thrill rides, and potentially harm a baby, if I was pregnant. So the morning of our trip, I took a pregnancy test. I didn't feel pregnant, and was having no symptoms like with my first, so when I saw only one line by 2 minutes in, I left the test lying, and went to finish packing. Three hours later, I had to potty. That's when I saw the faint second line. My nerves got jittery, and I thought, maybe it's just because I left it too long. So I packed up Sammie (even had to get in the attic to get the infant car seat for her, as David had the other with him at work!), and we went to Wal-Mart to buy another test. I got home, took it as soon as I was "ready," and yep, two more lines.
I called David and made up a story to get him home from work. I knew I'd have to tell Paige, and I sure didn't want to tell anyone other than him first. So he raced home on his lunch break. I greeted him at the door with the two tests. He washed up, grabbed me up, and kissed me. Then he called his mom and I called mine. So... no thrill rides for me on this trip...
Paige arrived at our house at 3:30pm, while I was still was getting all the last minute stuff together. She kept Sammie occupied, along with the dogs, while I threw a few other things in the trunk. David left work on time (first time in over a month, but he'd been threatened that I'd leave him if he was late!), drove straight home and got ready to go. We'd planned to leave at 5:00, and were on the road at 4:36.
We'd planned to drive through Nashville before stopping for dinner, as it was still too early to eat. We got stuck in rush-hour traffic, and it took us over two hours just to get to Murfreesboro (usually right about an hour drive). David was tired of riding the clutch, so we stopped there for dinner at Zaxby's. We all had tenders and fries and were back in the car around 8:00. Sammie was asleep before we got back on the interstate.

faline
10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Congrats! What great news to start your trip! Now, you really have something to celebrate!

Disney Hungarian
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
10-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Congratulations! Great news for a travel day!

brivers222
10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
and we went to Wal-Mart to buy another test. I got home, took it as soon as I was "ready," and yep, two more lines.

David was tired of riding the clutch, so we stopped there for dinner at Zaxby's. We all had tenders and fries and were back in the car around 8:00.

First off Congrats!!!

You know i saw that resturant several times off of I75... never got the courage to stop and try it... how is the food there?

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Great news and good start to your trip

KylesMom
10-21-2010, 02:17 PM
The magic has already started, and you haven't arrived yet! Congrats - looking forward to reading your reports! :mickey:

IloveJack
10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
You know i saw that resturant several times off of I75... never got the courage to stop and try it... how is the food there?

We really like it. All they have is chicken, just cooked different ways, but man, it's good chicken. Their fries are good, too.

brivers222
10-21-2010, 02:30 PM
good to know we will hit them up next year :)

Joannelet
10-21-2010, 07:48 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
What exciting NEWS!!
We too have been trying for baby number 2 to no avail....(also a reason why we haven't planned any WDW trips) Maybe I should plan a trip and it will happen!! :)
When we were trying for baby number one for a long time I had booked a trip to California to go to Disneyland for the first time. 2nd day in I was like hmmmm for some reason I should just take a test to make sure I'm not harming a baby on the trip......and SURE ENOUGH!! It was a positive!! Even though I didn't get to go on the Matterhorn etc...it was the best trip ever!!! :)
Congrats AGAIN!!!

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM
congrats on the baby news!!
besides the traffic sounds like a decent start..especially since you got on the road earlier than you thought!:mickey:

Suz36
10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your trip reports.

cer
11-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Yay! Congratulations! What a great way to start your vacation!