PDA

View Full Version : what we need

readytogo2
10-20-2010, 11:14 AM
we have a trip planned for feb and are bringing DDs 16 friend with us also 16. do we need anything from friends or are we ok just showing up at airport.? we plan on getting insurance card just in case, anything else?

disneymom15
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
When my daughter was younger, we let her bring some of her friends along. Airport security never asked for anything, although we always made sure they had a state id just in case. We also had the parents give us medical info and insurance.

tazlikesrobots
11-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I'd also recommend some sort of medical release form from the parents allowing you to act on their behalf should an emergency occur. This will allow compliance with HiPPA rules and allow medical personnel to talk you about treatment, etc.

Something along these lines...

Emergency Medical Treatment

In the event that there is an emergency requiring medical attention for my child, I do hereby authorize the treatment be given by qualified and licensed medical personnel. I grant [insert your name here] permission to discuss treatment options with medical personnel and understand I will be notified as quickly as possible.

This may sound somewhat excessive, but it today's climate you need to cover all bases....

PS Have fun on your trip! :mickey:

javamama
11-11-2010, 09:53 PM
there's a form letter the parents should fill out it's a release type letter allowing for treatment while she's in your care. I believe she can get it from the dr office that's where I got mine years ago. You don't need any id's for flying, if she has a school id that's enough don't even worry about her getting a state id at 16, it's not needed for the airlines/tsa.