PDA

View Full Version : Scooter rental

nfrustaci
10-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I have been shopping around for a scooter rental. I have come up with apple, randy's and scoot around. I am inclined to go with randy's. Anyone have any suggestions on outside rentals. I will need it for the hotel as well.

Disney4us2
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I have mine reserved with Apple for our December trip.... and reserved way in advance for our spring break trip. IIt will be waiting for me at bell services on my arrival at CBR.

Have a great trip:thumbsup:

disneymom15
10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
My mom and aunt used Walker mobility in
2008. Scooters were waiting for them when we arrived at the resort. One scooter was not in the best of shape when we got it, but, all in all, we would probably rent from them again.

PETE FROM NYC
10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
I used Apple for my last two trips. Scooters appeared brand new, and were waiting at the hotel when I checked in.
I did a bunch of research before renting and found Apple gave the best bang for my buck, plus they often discount repeat customers.

ElenitaB
10-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Like Pete, I researched several companies and have found that Apple has (for me, at least) had the best prices and the best equipment. I've used them our past two trips, and if I don't bring my own scooter next trip, I'll use them again.

DisneyPrincess21
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
I have been shopping around for a scooter rental. I have come up with apple, randy's and scoot around. I am inclined to go with randy's. Anyone have any suggestions on outside rentals. I will need it for the hotel as well.

I prefer Buena Vista Scooters. I received lots of compliments about how nice my ecv was and where I rented it from.The ecv also had a headlight, horn, turning signals, a basket, and a very comfy seat.

I have a coupon code for 10% off your rental. If you want the code or any other info, PM me. :thumbsup:

tnpoohbear
10-21-2010, 09:51 AM
I have used Apple and Randy's and I liked Apple the best. Their scooters were like new and the rate was cheaper than Randy's. The scooters I had rented from Randy's seemed really worn and used. But the service with both of these companies was great!

Checkers
10-21-2010, 11:47 AM
:mickey:Just reserved a scooter from Apple Scooter this week (will be arriving on Sat.). Took the advice from those who have already used them. The price is right and includes insurance. Very nice to deal with as they will be meeting me at the resort (BWVs) and giving me instructions (first time user).

nfrustaci
10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
thanks to everyone. so then i quess it is APPLE. just to understand this, I don't need to be there inorder to recieve the scooter right? because i see that randy's requires u to be there upon arrival and pick up of the scooter.

Disney4us2
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks to everyone. so then i quess it is APPLE. just to understand this, I don't need to be there inorder to recieve the scooter right? because i see that randy's requires u to be there upon arrival and pick up of the scooter.

When I talked with the guy from Apple (I think it was Alex). He asked what time I would be there. He then said he would have the scooter at CBR (bell services) for me by 7AM. For pick up of the scooter on our departure day. I just leave it at bell services by 8am. He didn't mention anything to me about being there for delivery/pick up of the scooter.

mickeefan
10-21-2010, 04:35 PM
We have rented from three of the major rental companies. We need to rent two and our preference is Apple. They are who we will be using on our spring trip.The scooters were like brand new and our particular model had captain's seats which were by far the most comfortable we have ever had.Having free insurance is also a plus. They were there waiting for us when we checked in and we left them with the bell captain when we checked out.

nfrustaci
10-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Awesome !!!! Thanks everyone.... So very helpful. This will be the first time i will be using one in disney. Simply can not do all that walking. Recently found out that i have 100% blockage in my left leg and 3 blockages to my heart. Unfortunately tripple bypass is on the wait list since i am only 38. Treating with meds right now. Will be able to have surgery on my leg in january hopefully. So a scooter is the way to go for our trip. With a 2 year old son i thought a scooter would be the best way to go. Hubby will be pushing the carriage. Looking forward to the xmas decor.

ransam
10-29-2010, 06:24 PM
i have said this many time on this board and there is no comparing. Apple is by far the best.
It's the cheapest, the best customer service you will ever receive, the scooters are clean, and they are in excellent shape....
did i mention it's cheaper? we're not talking a little cheaper we're talking a lot cheaper.

Checkers
10-31-2010, 10:35 AM
:mickey:Just reserved a scooter from Apple Scooter this week (will be arriving on Sat.). Took the advice from those who have already used them. The price is right and includes insurance. Very nice to deal with as they will be meeting me at the resort (BWVs) and giving me instructions (first time user).

:mickey:Just returned yesterday and I will give a :thumbsup:for Apple Scooter. The first one I had malfunctioned and they replaced it immediately. For anyone who is on the fence, Apple Scooter was all I expected it to be and for the right price.

Disney4us2
10-31-2010, 11:29 AM
:mickey:Just returned yesterday and I will give a :thumbsup:for Apple Scooter. The first one I had malfunctioned and they replaced it immediately. For anyone who is on the fence, Apple Scooter was all I expected it to be and for the right price.

Thanks for the review. I am renting from them in 31 days....whooo hooo

Which scooter did you get? I reserved a 3 wheel larger scooter with the captain's chair. I think it is the Victory Pride.

mickeefan
10-31-2010, 07:14 PM
We rent from Apple and the model is the Pride Victory 10 Super Deluxe. The Captain's chairs are well worth it and most comfortanble we have ever had.
The price is right and insurance included at no extra cost.

Checkers
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the review. I am renting from them in 31 days....whooo hooo

Which scooter did you get? I reserved a 3 wheel larger scooter with the captain's chair. I think it is the Victory Pride.

I rented the smaller 3 wheel scooter and loved it but I saw other people had the larger one and it looked very comfy, too. Have a great trip!:mickey: