PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Construction done by November?

plutosnana
10-20-2010, 07:37 AM
So i read some of the other post on Main Street construction, but will it be done by November?

:goofy:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
I doubt it will be done anytime this year. I was there in June and October, and both months had different buildings skimmed over. While I was waiting on the 3pm parade last week there were some guys with badges and clipboards behind me looking at whatever building I was in front of pecking on the poles and saying "yep, these are shot, they're gonna have to come out. I wonder if this if wood or fiberglass?"

So I take that to mean more skims are to come.

Stu29573
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM
I still want to point out that they were doing this when I was last there in June 2009. 16 months they have been working on it. As Ian said, it didn't take them that long to build it. One has to wonder if they are doing any work at night at all...or maybe there are some LONG coffee breaks going on behind those scrims!!! Heck, give me a crew and I'll have it knocked out by the end of the month!

Strmchsr
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
I still want to point out that they were doing this when I was last there in June 2009.

That's true, but it's been different buildings. For instance, they just started on Casey's back at the end of April and it is now pretty much finished (scrim free anyway).

As for will it be done by November - no. But with the scrims up it's really not all that noticeable, especially at night. Most of the construction walls are down and it's much better than it was. All of Main St looks wonderful now.

brivers222
10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
As for will it be done by November - no. But with the scrims up it's really not all that noticeable, especially at night. Most of the construction walls are down and it's much better than it was. All of Main St looks wonderful now.

I agree, our first 2 times in the MK were at night and while I did notice the construction on mainstreet (only because I made a point to find it lol) it was hardly noticable...

During the Day, a windy day, then its pretty much right there. Not to mention the giant crane lingering to the right of the castle is an eyesore if the camera operator doesn't get a clever shot to block it out. Amazing though how the crane is just as tall as the Castle, showing you just how tricky the folks at Disney are at creating pov's to make the castle look bigger than it actually is lol

Fantasyland construction is pretty much an eyesore no matter what time of day you go...there isn't much that can be done about that.