PDA

View Full Version : Would Wilderness Lodge be a good choice?

Cinderelley
10-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Around Christmas time next year, I will be taking some friends to Walt Disney World. One family wil have a daughter who is 3 with diabetes. My other friend's wife is a kidney transplant patient. I had originally decided to try to stay at Old Key West, but while reading another thread about Halloween decorations, I thought it would look awesome if we hung some Christmas decorations, and the theming at Wilderness Lodge seemed to fit what I had in mind more. What do you guys think?

DunkieKong
10-19-2010, 10:08 PM
You can't go wrong with the Wilderness Lodge any time of year, but especially at Christmas.

DiannaJ
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I have stayed there 3 times and I like it because it is not spread out and is very nice at Christmas.

faline
10-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Excellent choice! Especially at Christmas!

ibrowse17
10-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Agreed. We always wanted to stay at WL, and it did not let us down:thumbsup:

gmgdisneymom
10-20-2010, 10:10 AM
it is our favorite resort. We have seen the decorations at christmas and they are spectacular:mickey:

vicster
10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Another vote for WL - our favorite resort!

LarryBoy
10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Got to stay there last year, and I absolutely loved, loved, loved the WL. :thumbsup: I think you will too, and it should be perfect for your situation.

Mousemates
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
For a Christmas stay, as others have said, you really can't go wrong with a stay at the Wilderness...the theming is tremendous and with a bit of a chill in the air you can sit on your balcony and imagine yourself to actually be in one of the great western lodges.

For a Christmas stay its my favorite of the MK resorts. However, the GF is also a nice place to stay (albeit much more pricey) for Christmas as well. Not quite as homey a feel, but very "Christmas-sy) nevertheless. (To me the Poly and CR just can't pull off the Christmas feel...great resorts for a warm weather stay, but not so much for Christmas).

diz_girl
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
We stayed at WL two years ago at Christmas time and the decorations were beautiful. The lobby is gorgeous and a great place to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. I remember seeing a few balconies decorated with twinkle lights, so it's not uncommon to decorate your room.

As for your folks with special needs. WL has in-rooms refigerators at no charge, so you have a place to store insulin. The rooms in the 21XX range are a great location because they are the only rooms that you don't need to take an elevator (or stairs or a very, very long ramp) from the lobby. The rooms are at lobby-level and there is a hallway just off the lobby and behind the elevators where the rooms are located. There are handicapped-accessible rooms in this area, but I think that there are also non-handicapped accessible rooms. It's a great location because you are close to everything. We had room 2125 (a handicapped room, but actually didn't need it) during a trip five years ago and loved the location.

A Mouse Fan
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
You won't be disappointed at the WL. We have stayed there 3 times and are staying again next week. It's our favorite hotel. As everyone said Christmas is an especially magical time at the WL!

Cinderelley
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
We stayed at WL two years ago at Christmas time and the decorations were beautiful. The lobby is gorgeous and a great place to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. I remember seeing a few balconies decorated with twinkle lights, so it's not uncommon to decorate your room.

As for your folks with special needs. WL has in-rooms refigerators at no charge, so you have a place to store insulin. The rooms in the 21XX range are a great location because they are the only rooms that you don't need to take an elevator (or stairs or a very, very long ramp) from the lobby. The rooms are at lobby-level and there is a hallway just off the lobby and behind the elevators where the rooms are located. There are handicapped-accessible rooms in this area, but I think that there are also non-handicapped accessible rooms. It's a great location because you are close to everything. We had room 2125 (a handicapped room, but actually didn't need it) during a trip five years ago and loved the location.

Thanks for the specifics. I wouldn't have even thought of that.

Cinderelley
10-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks for confirming my thoughts everyone. I'm sure it will be a great trip. :D

A Big Kid
10-20-2010, 07:14 PM
You can't go wrong with the Wilderness Lodge any time of year, but especially at Christmas.

Yes - it is lovely at Christmas time.

smokester653
10-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Wl has beautiful Christmas decorations, so another vote from me....all tho we have NEVER stayed there :(

A MOUSE FAN - We are staying @ POR next week too - celebrating my 40th Birthday - 20th Wedding anniversity & my niece's best friends
1st ever trip to the WORLD! :party:

Cinderelley
10-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Wl has beautiful Christmas decorations, so another vote from me....all tho we have NEVER stayed there :(

A MOUSE FAN - We are staying @ POR next week too - celebrating my 40th Birthday - 20th Wedding anniversity & my niece's best friends

Just got back from POR about a week and a half ago. You'll love it. ;)

smokester653
10-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks Cinderelly! :mickey: This is our 1st time ever staying at a moderate resort- we have stayed way too many times to count at the value resorts :secret:.

A Mouse Fan
10-25-2010, 12:47 PM

Hey two "old ladies" from SC celebrating their birthdays...Very cool! I hope you have a wonderful time!

LudwigVonDrake
10-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Wilderness Lodge is now my favorite deluxe resort :wave:

joonyer
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
There's no place I'd rather stay more than WL at Christmas time in WDW.