View Full Version : Our Engagement Celebration - Day 3

brivers222
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Oct 2010 Cast of Characters:
(Brandon) : Me
(Adrianne) : My Fiancee
(Black Pearl): 2010 Black Honda Fit Sport

Day 3 – Oct 11th, 2010

Our alarm came way to quickly…a reoccurring entrance to every trip-report you will find :D

Animal Kingdom is by far my least favorite park so I knew we could get through it all in one day… or in our case a half day by the time we got up to go… 1:20 PM was our ADR at Tusker House but we managed to arrive just before Noon. First stop was hit the Photopasses to get as many as we could. I need to feed YO! Because she gets cranky without food in her belly… so we stopped to get a pretzel at a stand and managed to share it while walking through the 5min wait queue for Its Tough To Be A Bug. Loved the reaction as the termites slide underneath us… and the Wasps stinging you!

We still had a good 45mins to kill before the Lunch ADR so we decided to go on a safari. The wait was a 30min wait (I made and exception this trip to wait in it… I said anything over 15mins is not needed lol) Great times, got to see many creatures and you guessed it, took many pictures. Made it just in time for our ADRs…well okay you caught me in a lie, about 10mins late per usual. Got seated about 25mins later (which I feel was a bit harsh of a punishment for being 10mins late to check in) The food was okay, but nothing to write home about. Next year I am thinking we are going to go to Boma instead. I do like the buffets where you can enter at any station, makes it really nice so you don’t have to wait in the salad line to get your beef. Our waitress was a bit slow on the beverage refill, but then again she probably never had anyone like me who can drink a ton in one sitting. But only getting 2 refills in about 45mins of dining is a bit slow in my book.

Once fed and watered we headed out to check out EE… I knew it would take a lot to convince YO! The drop isn’t that bad, but that coupled with the 25min wait made us pass (until we meet again next year). Instead we went on the Primevil Whirl. I am not a fan of this ride, but it spins a bit so I figured it was safe… lol didn’t realize there was a drop in there. Tiny to me, but the size of the empire state building to her ;)

We had a few choices at this point. I am not a fan of having to base your day around show times like you are at a renaissance fare… so we actually missed out on the Festival of the Lion King this trip…. No biggie we will make a point to see it next year. Instead we went on Dinosaur. The ride wait was posted at 10mins so it fit the bill…. However that doesn’t include the ride breaking for 20mins lol… Here is the point in my story that I must take a moment to apologize as I may have traumatized a young child and changed her into what YO! Has become in regards to not liking rides. Granted I have not been on this ride in 4 years and I am one that loves to go on all walks of roller coasters…love the thrill. The family behind us was trying to get a gauge on the “scariness” of the ride and asked me if I remembered it…They were trying to convince the daughter to go on it… she was afraid of the lighting changes in the queue… Well I said it as I remembered it, “its like the Safari but indoors in the dark” Opps I feel so bad because it was nothing like the safari…. YO! Had her head buried in my shoulder (check out the ride pic in the pictures) Perhaps a better person to ask is the CMs working the ride lol. we promptly left towards the front of the park because I didn’t want to be confronted by the family. Actually the park was closing and we had a party to go to more YO!’s speed – a not so scary party! Upon the way out we were stopped by the characters and their goodbye parade http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3090326140084639932NlaXQb. Oh and we got to ride in the trams wit da doors (For an amazing experience use the same tone of voice for delivery as you would use to say…Boots wit da fur!)

We headed back to our hotel (20mins later we arrived) to clean up and change into our Halloween Costumes. Since we were engaged we decided to go as a Bride and Groom to practice for next year ;) Our first stop upon coming into MK on our return was at Tony’s for a 7:40 ADR. This was the first time that the restaurant did anything for our special celebration… There was confetti and streamers all over the table… The food was once again okay…. Prego makes better tasting pasta sauce on the meatballs and YO!’s steak was a bit fatty. We decided to get the Kids drinks with the glowing buzz and tink just to be silly… We kinda over did ourselves on the bread and oil dip so when the waitress explained they have a special dessert, we had to turn it down.

But now it was time to get the fill of this MNSSHP. Our dinner ended just as the parade was turning down to mainstreet. With a bit of finagling I managed to sweet talk a waitress to allow us to watch the parade from Tony’s outside dining. Sorry the pictures were a bit dark, my camera was acting up in the dark :( we then decided to head out to see what the real party was about. We decided to spread the joy to a few kids dressed up like Buzz and Tink and give them our glowy things. If the parents are on here reading this, yes it was us and you’re more than welcome.

All the Rides were walk on… Pirates was amazing with fog around it and then I managed to get YO! To go on big thunder mountain rail road… She loved and said she would go again (which I held her too lol) We both needed a bit of a snack and we only had one popcorn container so we stopped at a cart outside of Country Bears. This is where we were introduced to Ghosty…he makes several appearances from here on out in pictures. And funny enough we never found another one like him! What luck to get that popcorn/candy bucket!! We then made our way to right in front of HM to watch the hallowishes Fireworks (AMAZING!!!)

Its truly amazing how little the crowds were on this party night. As the week went on we found out that we were blessed to have been at this party because we got everything done (sometimes twice) with no waits at all!! Buzz, BTMR, Stitch Great Escape, Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White, HM and many more all walk on The people watching is the best actually. I loved just sitting around in tomorrow land and watching the costumes walk by. And the candy, oh my gosh the candy!! We have so much now!!!

As we were walking back towards fantasy land we ran into these 7 dwarfs, nice experience… Then as we continued our leisurely stroll we decided right then and there we were canceling our ‘Ohana dinner ADR the next night and buying tickets to the Party! This party is a definite DO NOT MISS and by that I mean be like us and Don’t miss a single party the entire time you are there at Disney! lol 3 for 3 now we will be.

This concludes our day but on the way out we managed to sneak in at the last second and get our pictures with Cinderella’s Carriage!

Food Ratings:
Tusker House – 3.75 out of 5 stars….Would we return (MAYBE)
Tony’s – 3.5 out of 5 stars….Would we return (NO)

Day 4 will take us to HS and then to MNSSHP #2

Pictures from Day 3 can be found here: http://family.webshots.com/album/578818205pzzmEF

faline
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Looks like you had some successful trick or treating! Cute idea - to dress like a bride and groom!

Mickey's party is always so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

RedSoxFan
10-19-2010, 09:10 PM
The party sounds like so much fun.
Great day again.:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
10-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Another great day! I'm so glad Yo! enjoyed BTMR.
When you go to AK next time you definitely need to make an ADR at Yak n' Yeti.

My DH and I love the MNSSHP (we're in our 50's)--hope you got to see the parade and headless horseman at the next party.

Bring on day 4!

brivers222
10-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Another great day! I'm so glad Yo! enjoyed BTMR.
When you go to AK next time you definitely need to make an ADR at Yak n' Yeti.

My DH and I love the MNSSHP (we're in our 50's)--hope you got to see the parade and headless horseman at the next party.

Bring on day 4!

I think i forgot to mention that we did see him... i tried to get a video (turned out dark) so i have no pictures... pretty awesome!

SBETigg
10-20-2010, 06:46 PM
I really love Boma, but if you don't want to leave AK, you might try Yak and Yeti next time. It was pretty good. Also, if you are planning to head to the AKL, Sanaa is pretty awesome, too.

brivers222
10-20-2010, 07:09 PM
i am definitely going to give yak and yeti a try next time... the more i think about it, the more i think tusker is done.

We will give Boma a shot next year

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the report...I agree we will not return to Tony's although I think you gave them I higher rating than I would:blush:

KylesMom
10-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Boy, I bet that family was more than a little freaked on Dinosaur, huh?

I'm happy that you enjoyed the party - enough to make it a repeat! Many current comments are that they've been packing guests in like sardines & they've missed a lot. I hope your Ohana cancellation is worth it for your next party go-around. Another fun day! :mickey:

brivers222
10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Boy, I bet that family was more than a little freaked on Dinosaur, huh?

I'm happy that you enjoyed the party - enough to make it a repeat! Many current comments are that they've been packing guests in like sardines & they've missed a lot. I hope your Ohana cancellation is worth it for your next party go-around. Another fun day! :mickey:

The 11th and 12th parties were insanely empty... but the 14th, that was terrible... but we enjoyed crowd watching especially since we were able to do all the rides and attractions early in the trip with no waits

Suz36
10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Sounds like you had a great time at the party - we loved it last year! Cute costume ideas!

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: