PDA

View Full Version : Our Engagement Celebration - Day 2

brivers222
10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Oct 2010 Cast of Characters:
(Brandon) : Me <-- will be referred to from here on out as "I"
(Adrianne) : My Fiancee <-- Will be referred to from here on out as YO!... Her dad and G'pa were boxers, you get it?
(Black Pearl): 2010 Black Honda Fit Sport

Day 2 – Oct 10th, 2010

Our alarm came way to quickly…even when we weren’t getting up until 10am for our 11:30 Sci-Fi ADR. You will start to gather (if you haven’t already) that YO! And I are really not morning people…but I still hold that she is worse than me in the mornings. So we got in the Black Pearl and embarked on what will turn out to be the traditional 20min drive to WDW. We used the AAA diamond parking pass to park our car (totally not a good idea when the park is this empty, you do more walking then with the tram…we never learn this haha) We walk to towards the front gates where we are reminded how the nice stroll just made us 5mins late…and we still have to get our bags checked and go through that useless finger scanning machine.

We arrive at Sci-Fi with -10mins to spare. The lady checks us in and we are in the back seat ordering our drinks within about 10mins. This restaurant is way better when you are a couple as you can sit and talk to your entire party (the one next to you) the entire time. Back when I first went there we had a party of 4 and it was tough to turn around and talk to the people behind you…or split food for that matter. We both ordered adult drinks that came with those amazing glow blinky cubes. http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3055587440084639932QJLPZT Much has changed in 4 years. Before you had to knock the corner against something hard to turn them on, now you just push a button and cycle through 8 different settings. For an Appetizer we had the onion rings…The main course we both had the Angus Chuck Burgers (hold the tomato and onions please) Mine came with Fries, hers with cucumber salad. Both too full to even think about dessert, but in fact I was lying… I had a Mickey Ear in my scope for later ;)

After lunch we walked around HS and caught the first showing of the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show. They put on a great show! This was my 2nd time seeing it so it was fun to watch YO!’s reactions.

We had to have our obligatory photos with the raining lamp post! And then ventured past the backlot tour….30min wait, no thank you, we will hit it another time. Then we headed over to TSM to see what the damage was there. Oops we got sidetracked by a green army man who requested we take a photo with him! We obliged. TSM wait time was 140mins and all the fastpasses were gone for the day (expected as much considering we didn’t arrive to 11:30am lol. We started walking towards the Animation area but was side tracked when I caught wind that YO! Has never been on the Great Movie Ride. That status didn’t last long at all… walked right on it!

Next up we headed over towards Beauty & The Beast stage show and got great seats… http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3033027870084639932ZSAWGw. We then headed to our original destination of the art of Animation…. We attended the drawing class and each drew Pluto…mines a bit sad but it works. Before we were let into the class we met with Mr and Mrs incredible who had a great time with us. She loved the ring and even posed us for a Two-family portrait. Mrs Incredible was a bit upset that she didn’t have a wedding ring… luckily I smoothed things over.

YO! Is not much of a thrill ride person, so to make her feel better I agreed to skip ToT and RnRR…next trip I will hit them. We headed towards the entrance as the last showing of Indiana Jones was filled up. I snagged myself a Mickey Ear! My most favorite ride Star Tours in under rehab so I was already thinking this park would be a one and outer.

We drove to the TTC and then rode the monorail to Epcot. The monorail was once again Empty…a false sense of security this early in our 9 day trip! Upon arriving to Epcot we noticed (and snapped a picture) or a super empty parking lot. Sure enough there was no wait on Spaceship earth or Mission Space. While I love the “real” version I played nice and went on the other version with YO!. I was impressed by it still and didn’t leave feeling nauseous. Which was a good thing because next up was Dinner at Chefs De France. Along the way we stopped at a gift shot to get our Food and White Festival wrist gift card contraption, a nice invention by the mouse.

Believe it or not we actually checked in 35mins early for this ADR. I tried to see what I could do with our “just engaged” status and sure enough after checking in a suit… I am assuming manager came out and congratulated us and gave us a prime seat by the window so that we could watch reflections of earth at the end of our meal. Appetizer we split the cheese Sampler titled Assiette de fromages de france. I opted to go with the Grilled tenderloin of beef and she picked the Baked Mac and Cheese. For dessert it was time for the Cream Puffs… It was truly the best food we had on our trip. After dinner we sat and watched RoE and then slowly made our way to the exit, taking pictures and just enjoying the night alone in Disney.

Food Ratings:
Sci-Fi – 4 out of 5 stars….Would we return (MAYBE)
Chefs de France – 5 out of 5 stars….Would we return (YES)

Day 3 will take us to our only AK day and the first MNSSHP

Pictures from Day 2 can be found here: http://family.webshots.com/album/578822174llWcRS

faline
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Nice day! Great pics!

We ate at Le Chefs de France on our last trip and really enjoyed it. Guess you were too late to have a visit by Remy?

brivers222
10-19-2010, 07:55 PM
it was an 8:45PM ressie so yeah i think we were a bit late to see him :)

RedSoxFan
10-19-2010, 09:00 PM
A nice day and great pics too!!:mickey:

KylesMom
10-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Love those Sci-Fi onion rings - glad you had a decent meal and good service here. I had to laugh about the glow cubes, we still have a few of those old ones around the house! Nice tour around DHS today, happy to hear you got to catch a few of the great shows they have to offer.

Dinner sounds absolutely wonderful - I've been reading some really stellar reviews of Chefs de France lately. How cool that you got that extra-special seat!!!

Another great day - thanks for sharing! :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
10-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Love it! Sounds like you and Yo! had a great time. I think she could have made it okay on the ToT--however, RnR can leave you queasy!

Looking forward to your next day's adventures!

brivers222
10-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Love it! Sounds like you and Yo! had a great time. I think she could have made it okay on the ToT--however, RnR can leave you queasy!

Looking forward to your next day's adventures!

Oh no see she is deatly afraid of falling... if the ride didn't kill her i am sure her heart would stop... lol i love that feeling though. opposites attract!

SBETigg
10-20-2010, 06:50 PM
The thrill rides aren't for everyone. Though, I would have trouble skipping them. That's love! Glad you had a great meal at Chefs de France, one of my favorites.

brivers222
10-20-2010, 07:08 PM
The thrill rides aren't for everyone. Though, I would have trouble skipping them. That's love! Glad you had a great meal at Chefs de France, one of my favorites.

next year i am going to try to go on all of them

Suz36
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I tried to see what I could do with our “just engaged” status and sure enough after checking in a suit… I am assuming manager came out and congratulated us and gave us a prime seat by the window so that we could watch reflections of earth at the end of our meal.

:thumbsup: DH's birthday got us prime Illuminations seats on the patio at Rose and Crown in May - gotta love it!
We have ADRs for Chefs in February, and based on reviews here, I am really getting excited about it!
Thanks for another great report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a great day:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: