PDA

View Full Version : Crowds week after Thanksgiving

danyele128
10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Nov 28 - Dec 4. Just curious about the typical crowds the week after turkey day. Normally we go the first two weeks of December but since free dining we bumped it up an little and never thought twice about crowds. Now I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect the week after thanksgiving.
Thanks!

Sunshine1010
10-19-2010, 03:34 AM
...would like to know this too.

ANG
10-19-2010, 06:39 AM
This will be our first year going those dates:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, it used to be almost empty during that week. Definitely no longer the case. I've been many years during that week and beginning around 2005 I noticed a strong uptick in the number of people. That trend has continued. The crowds won't be bad by any means. Every now and then you even still see a walk-on ride. The crowds are in the moderate level, though, for the most part and ride times are usually 15-20 min. For the "big" ones like TT, Soarin, TSM, you'll see much longer waits. This is getting to be a very popular week as everyone wants to see the Christmas lights.

Keep in mind that they tape the Christmas morning parade that first weekend of December. That royally fouls up the MK, especially on Saturday. Friday isn't too bad, but Saturday is nuts, so pick another park those days.

jmj18
10-19-2010, 10:14 AM
We have always gone that week....and when we started...crowds not too bad. However, that has started to change. Crowds aren't bad but it is getting to be a popular week.

Have fun!

:mickey:

Disney4us2
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
We will be there Dec 1-8. :cloud9: Last trip we did the same time frame in 2006. It was not that bad 4 years ago. I don't remember the crowd during the parade filming. I guess we missed going to the MK those days, since I had no clue that there was filming at that time.

Have a great time.

r4kids
10-19-2010, 12:41 PM
We are headed to MK Tue night for MVMCP and Wed. Then Epcot and AK those days during the parade to avoid the crowds!!

Katzateer
10-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Still a good time to go to see all the holiday decorations and special events.

Used to be a lot less crowded until lots of people discovered what a great time it was to go to WDW. Normally the weather is nice (we have had a few cold years but out of about 12 trips that week only 2 have been cold).

And we will be in the middle of all the parade crowds since our daughter is dancing in the parade!

Can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
We were in WDW for Thanksgiving last year and stayed up until the Tuesday or Wednesday after Thanksgiving (can't remember exactly what day we left). We noticed a very slow, but steady increase in crowds from our arrival, which was the Friday before Thanksigiving, up until Thanksgiving day and the Friday after Thanksgiving. Once the Saturday after Thanksgiving rolled around there was a noticable drop in crowds. Crowds remained very low for the rest of our trip. However, I have to say that we found last year to be a great year as far as crowds were concerned. We were there for Thanksgiving two years prior and crowds got really thick by the end of the week. Last year we were able to secure a great spot for Illuminations just 10 minutes before the start on the Friday after Thanksgiving, which was also an EMH evening for Epcot. The year before Epcot was a mob scene on that same night.

jnfr2424
10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
We go every Thanksgiving for the past 5 years and evey year the crowds keep growing. We arrive on Thanksgivng eve and leave by December 2/3 when the taping starts for the Christmas Day show I love the lull that happens from that Sunday to Tuesday

LandFan
10-22-2010, 06:19 PM
I love the lull that happens from that Sunday to Tuesday

We like that too! We go to MVMCP on the Tuesday each time as well. We like this week - not too bad at all.