PDA

View Full Version : DD's Pop Century Trip Day 3 - 10/09

BigRedDad
10-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Today was a trip to AK with plans for an adult trip to Boardwalk or DTD. A recurring theme is that we get to the bus stop about 8:15AM and we get to the park after opening. No big deal. Mom, friend, and DD take a leisurely walk to the Safari. Sister, DW and I head to EE. We ride 4 times by 9:45AM and we meet up at Kali RR. DD calls it the "circle boat ride". She loves the ride and getting wet. We ride twice and head over to the Nemo show.

We miss the early show and have a quick bite at FTBBQ. We shared lunches because we had early dinner at Rainforest Cafe. It was delicious as always. Some ride Dinosaur and we get in the second showing of Nemo. Not great seats, but decent. Show is great as always. We mosey around the park seeing characters, trading pins, and relaxing. DD falls asleep 15 minutes before the parade. After the parade, we head to Rainforest Cafe. DD goes into full meltdown mode and I am at my wits end. I cram my food down my throat and take her to the bus to go back to Pop Century while the other relax and enjoy dinner.

It took 15 minutes waiting for the bus to get her calmed down. I figured I would get back and have her down for a nap. Well, that plan went out the window. She was ready to swim. she swam and played in the fountain for 2 hours (about 8PM at that time). Everyone had just enough to drink to not be able to drive. So, no DTD or Boardwalk. We relax outside the rooms at the pool to swim and keep a half an eye on the college football games. We eventually crash at about 11PM.

Today was a leisurely, relaxing day. This is what AK is good for and we only did about half of what we wanted. No reason to rush because we knew we were going back on our last day. DD made it clear we were going on the "circle boat ride" 1925 times. Good thing she is not good with numbers above 20 yet.

faline
10-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry you didn't get to enjoy your diner. Still, it sounds like you had a nice, relaxed day, overall!

KylesMom
10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Ah, the dreaded meltdown. Happens to all of us. Even though you missed what sounds like an enjoyable dinner for the rest of the group, your evening ended on a totally relaxing note. Keeping my fingers crossed that Day 4 brings more joy! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
10-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: