PDA

View Full Version : GPS location of the parks

alex61821
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Is there a good way or an address to use to drive to the various parks? renting a car for the first time in ages and was wondering if my Tom Tom gps could guide me to the parks efficiently.

DizneyRox
10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that Google Maps will get you an latitude/longitude of various locations, have you tried?

Also, I'm not sure a GPS is really necessary. Disney would love for you to spend your money, and they make it pretty easy to get to locations that accept it. You can't drive far without seeing a sign telling you where to go.

Strmchsr
10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Most all of the GPS units have the Disney parks in them anyway. If it's your personal TomTom look up the free POI's and I know for a fact you can download all of the Disney locations because I input all of those last year.

btharvey
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
One laugh I got when we used our GPS to get our trailer to Fort Wilderness resort ... we ended up in a big parking lot that was next to the kennel and stables. That's what the GPS gave us when we either entered the street address or the POI. We had to drive one-quarter mile further along the road to get to the resort entrance.

When we walked in to the kennel and asked, "We were looking for ...." they immediately replied, "You used a GPS, didn't you? Everyone who uses the GPS ends up here once."

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
We used the TomTom POI's as well on our last trip.

Other than DHS, where it guided us to a back delivery entrance (!), they were all pretty good, and got us close enough that I could figure out what I was supposed to do.

alex61821
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Most all of the GPS units have the Disney parks in them anyway. If it's your personal TomTom look up the free POI's and I know for a fact you can download all of the Disney locations because I input all of those last year.

I did a google search for the POI like you suggested and it lead me to a nice article on mousesavers not sure if that is the one you were using or not but it sure sounds like what i am looking for thank you :number1:

brivers222
10-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Garmin while wanting to take scenic routes all the way down the East coast from Michigan, instead of just down I75 was spot on for all resorts and Disney themeparks.. i was impressed.

POI - Amusement Parks