PDA

View Full Version : DCL 2012 Itinerary news

Tink1
10-18-2010, 11:31 AM
CELEBRATION, Fla. (Oct.18, 2010) – The Disney Fantasy will sail her maiden voyage on April 7, 2012, bringing even more innovation, unique guest experiences and personalized service for which Disney Cruise Line is renowned. A sister ship to the Disney Dream, the Disney Fantasy will feature an AquaDuck water coaster, magical children’s areas, world-class entertainment, delightful dining, retreats for adults and immersive experiences for guests of all ages with beloved Disney stories and characters.

Guests will be able to book Disney Cruise Line sailings, including the Disney Fantasy, for the initial part of the 2012 season beginning Oct. 20, 2010. The Disney Fantasy will sail out of Port Canaveral, Fla. on the popular seven-night Caribbean itineraries – alternating eastern and western – including a stop at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.

The Disney Dream will continue to sail three-, four- and five-night cruises to the Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, while the Disney Wonder will remain on the west coast, sailing Mexican Riviera itineraries from the Port of Los Angeles. To start the 2012 season, the Disney Magic will sail alternating eastern and western Caribbean itineraries.

“The Disney Fantasy continues our tradition of sailing beautifully-designed vessels that offer innovations, world-class guest service and memorable family vacation experiences like only Disney can do,” said Disney Cruise Line President Karl Holz. “We are delighted to expand our offerings to provide guests with more options and more flexibility to enjoy a Disney family cruise.”

Additional Disney Fantasy details and 2012 itinerary information will be released at a later date.

Disney Fantasy 2012 Schedule (April – Aug.)
The Disney Fantasy will depart on her maiden voyage April 7, 2012, and will sail out of Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries – alternating eastern (St. Maarten and St. Thomas) and western (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel). Both itineraries include a stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

Rates for the seven-night Caribbean cruise itineraries on the Disney Fantasy start at $959 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Disney Dream 2012 Schedule (Jan. – Aug.)
The Disney Dream will sail alternating three-, four- and five-night cruises from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. Five-night itineraries will include two stops at Castaway Cay.

Rates for Disney Dream Bahamas cruises start at $333 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Disney Wonder 2012 Schedule (Jan. – April)
The Disney Wonder will sail seven-night Mexican Riviera cruises from the Port of Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas.

Rates for the seven-night Mexican Riviera itinerary start at $658 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Disney Magic 2012 Schedule (Jan. – April)
Prior to the Disney Fantasy entering service on April 7, the Disney Magic will sail out of Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries – alternating eastern (St. Maarten and St. Thomas) and western (Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel). Both itineraries include a stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

Rates for the seven-night Caribbean itineraries on the Disney Magic start at $707 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

All pricing reflects a category 11C standard inside stateroom, government taxes and fees not included.

Ed
10-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Interesting. When Fantasy comes online, they are dropping Key West and going to Costa Maya instead. So much for visiting the original :marg:ville. :D

An article in the Sentinel today seems to reaffirm rumors that Magic will be spending the majority of her time in the Med after Fantasy takes over the East/West itineraries.

MarkC
10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
We are booking first thing in the morning. Only 550 days to wait. We are not doing the first cruise because that's Easter and it will be horribly crowded and probably a little more expensive. Even this one is around $1,000 but from the photos of the ship it will be well worth it. A long, long time to wait.

King Triton
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Any idea when the remainder of the 2012 itineraries are coming out? I'm especially interested if DCL is going to Alaska again the summer of 2012.

Tink1
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
We are being told it will be announced after the beginning of the year.

Nanc

Trev&Ev Mom
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Any possibility of the Magic (or other Disney ships) sailing out of the NYC area??

Tink1
01-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Any possibility of the Magic (or other Disney ships) sailing out of the NYC area??

From your mouth to Karl Holz's ears! I would soo love that.

Nanc

Trev&Ev Mom
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
It makes sense...between NYC and NJ (Port Liberty) NCL, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity all set sail. Disney would be a perfect fit and a HUGE draw in this new market:fingers:!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Tink1
02-19-2011, 12:18 AM
DISNEY FANTASY for Late 2012
Western Caribbean sailings will remain the same as the rest of the year with stops at Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Castaway Cay with two days at sea. Dates for these cruises will be September 1, 15, 29, October 13, 27, November 10, 24 and December 8 and 22.

Eastern Caribbean with remain the same with St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay with three days at sea for sailings on September 8, 22, October 6, 20. The Eastern Caribbean will change to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay with three days at sea for sailings on November 3, 17, December 1, 15, and 29.

goofyfan4466
03-20-2011, 08:07 PM
are they definately dropping key west ? if so , does anybody know why ? when is the last scheduled key west trip ? my wife & i were hoping to get to key west via a disney cruise. oh well , maybe they will add it again.:(

Ed
04-05-2011, 12:10 AM

From your mouth to Karl Holz's ears! I would soo love that.

Nanc

Your wish is my....er....Karl's command.

See the big announcement from DCL. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=180876)

Start packing!

:sail:

coloradowendyl
04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Disney has officially announced their 2012 sailings! Details will be up on the Magical Journeys site very shortly!

Email your agent for details!

Platinum/Gold Castaway Club Members, bookings will open at 8 a.m. EDT on Thursday, April 7, 2011. Everyone else will be able to begin booking at 8 am EDT on Friday, April 8.

Contact a Magical Journeys agent for details or fill out a cruise request at: https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/dclrequest.html

Wendy

ryca1dreams
05-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I was happy to see Magic sailing from Galveston after the summer. Having never been on a cruise, this might be a big incentive for me. The ports-of-call look cool too.