PDA

View Full Version : Panicing over the lack of ressies.......

r4kids
10-18-2010, 12:05 AM
We will be in the world Nov 26th - Dec 5th. There are very few ressies available toward the end of the week. I know pop warner arrives and the taping is taking place but where should we eat????? We are pretty much meat and potatoes ppl. So far we have:

Akerhaus bkft
Teppan Edo dinner
1900 Park Fare bkft
Les Chefs lunch
Tusker House bkft
Liberty Tree lunch
Kona Cafe dinner

I need one more dinner...... I am worried about the crowds :(

SBETigg
10-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Some good, frequently available, choices:

Grand Floridian Cafe
Captain's Grille (yacht club)
Rose & Crown

Also, you might like 50s Prime Time Cafe (meat and potatoes) or Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Ms. Mode
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Also, if everything in the parks is full you can check on places in the resorts like Boatwright's.

Good Luck! :mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Oh man do I feel your pain:ill:

We are going to be there for almost the exact same dates. Since we didn't know we were going until a month ago, and on the free DDP, we were behind on the ADRs.

I was lucky to get Coral Reef, but that was with the Candlelight Processional package. Normally my DW and I try to find the nicest restaraunts, but this time we are going down (for the first time!) with 3dd, who are younger, so we can't be doing 8:00p, ressies, so I'm not as picky this time around. I've been trying to get 1900, Ohana, Chef Mickeys and Whispering Canyon at decent times and they either are not available (period!) or only at times like 9:00pm which won't work with 3-5-8 year olds.

So far we do have:
Crystal Palace
Kouzzina
Whispering Canyon (L)
50's Prime Time (L)
Coral Reef (CP package)
Tusker House
Kona (L)
Grand Floridean Cafe (L)

The trend I'm finding is that to get some of the nicer establishments we will be using some if not most of our TS on lunches and not dinners.

I'm hoping that when we are down there that we will have some luck with walk ups, if we risk it.

Good luck - keep searching.

Gator
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Marekesh and Biergarten are usually easy to get into. You don't have much time, so I don't know. Both of those places offer really good food, but don't attract a lot of patrons.

kathiep
10-18-2010, 08:05 PM
If you are meat & potatoes people, I think you'd really enjoy Biergarten. The food will be right up your alley and the atmosphere can't be beat.

r4kids
10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh man do I feel your pain:ill:

We are going to be there for almost the exact same dates. Since we didn't know we were going until a month ago, and on the free DDP, we were behind on the ADRs.

I was lucky to get Coral Reef, but that was with the Candlelight Processional package. Normally my DW and I try to find the nicest restaraunts, but this time we are going down (for the first time!) with 3dd, who are younger, so we can't be doing 8:00p, ressies, so I'm not as picky this time around. I've been trying to get 1900, Ohana, Chef Mickeys and Whispering Canyon at decent times and they either are not available (period!) or only at times like 9:00pm which won't work with 3-5-8 year olds.

So far we do have:
Crystal Palace
Kouzzina
Whispering Canyon (L)
50's Prime Time (L)
Coral Reef (CP package)
Tusker House
Kona (L)
Grand Floridean Cafe (L)

The trend I'm finding is that to get some of the nicer establishments we will be using some if not most of our TS on lunches and not dinners.

I'm hoping that when we are down there that we will have some luck with walk ups, if we risk it.

Good luck - keep searching.

We have more lunches and breakfasts than normal. We usually save the TS for dinner. I was lucky to get 1900 at 10:55. A lot of our dinners are late after 7:30 so we will just have to take it as it comes. Breakfasts are even later than usually. 10:30 and later. I have a love/hate relationship with free dining!!

Joannelet
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Garden Grill for dinner can also be a great place.
I can't believe that week is so busy before the busiest week of parade taping, pop warner etc.
Wow!!!
You will be fine though! Do not panic! You have a great list there!

Mousemates
10-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Remember that the days you will be at MK you not only have pretty quick access to CR/PolyGF...but also the WL by boat...that can add Artist Point (maybe my favorite restaurant in the World) and Whispering Canyon to the easy to get to list. You can do the same thing with the eateries at the Boardwalk/YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin for the days you are in epcot and the studios.

Hopefully, if you can work it out you won't have too many days like the one where you are going from Breakfast at animal kingdom to lunch at the MK..that would be a little more park to park running than even I enjoy doing. In a situaiton like that I think I'd almost rather just do two CS than have to spend that much of my time "meal hopping."

r4kids
10-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Remember that the days you will be at MK you not only have pretty quick access to CR/PolyGF...but also the WL by boat...that can add Artist Point (maybe my favorite restaurant in the World) and Whispering Canyon to the easy to get to list. You can do the same thing with the eateries at the Boardwalk/YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin for the days you are in epcot and the studios.

Hopefully, if you can work it out you won't have too many days like the one where you are going from Breakfast at animal kingdom to lunch at the MK..that would be a little more park to park running than even I enjoy doing. In a situaiton like that I think I'd almost rather just do two CS than have to spend that much of my time "meal hopping."

They are mostly different days. I am doing one park a day this year. I don"t want to hop around. We are also doing a day at Universal and IOA. I forgot how accessible WL was though, thanks!!

ANG
10-19-2010, 02:05 PM
So now I see who is fighting me for Chef Mickey's that week!:secret:

r4kids
10-19-2010, 02:29 PM
So now I see who is fighting me for Chef Mickey's that week!:secret:

Hahahahaha not I,too loud!! Good luck :)

LandFan
10-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Not me either - too busy, too loud as well....:D

garymacd
10-22-2010, 09:34 PM
How many in your party?

We have had good luck in the past with walk-ups for just the two of us. The only trick is to be flexible on when you want to eat. We usually show up at the start of the dinner service - 4:30ish and see what is available. Sometimes we just walk right in.

r4kids
10-23-2010, 09:11 AM
How many in your party?

We have had good luck in the past with walk-ups for just the two of us. The only trick is to be flexible on when you want to eat. We usually show up at the start of the dinner service - 4:30ish and see what is available. Sometimes we just walk right in.

9 of us. 2 adults, 7 kids :) I doubt they'd be able to accommodate us, but thank you.

badkitty
10-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Since you are meat&potato ppl, Bongos in DTD is a great alternative if it fits your schedule. Meat&potatoes with a Latin American flare. Very yummy! The atmosphere is great too. :thumbsup: