PDA

View Full Version : Space Center? Titanic? Lowry Zoo?

Dakota Rose
10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Are either the Space Center or Titanic Experience worth it? KSS would be for the whole fam (DS6.5 and DD2.5) TE would be for DH and I.

Our zoo membership gets us into Lowry Zoo for free. Is it worth the drive from Orlando?

Eeyore's Pal
10-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I would also love to hear from anyone who's done the TItanic Experience.

diz_girl
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, the Space Center is worth it. It's always good to check the NASA launch schedule to see if there will be a launch when you will be there. But you are going in late January and there are no launches going on at that time.

Also nearby is Canaveral National Seashore and Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. You can see manatees and other wildlife. It could make for a nice addition to your day.

Dakota Rose
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Any feedback on Titanic Experience?
Or the Lowry Zoo?

Going2HeavenRU
10-23-2010, 01:37 PM
We just returned from the Kennedy Space Center and LOVED it! The Discovery shuttle was on the launch pad getting ready for it's Nov 1st lift off which made the trip even more awesome!

NJGIRL
10-30-2010, 01:34 PM
We have done both.

The Space Center IMO is a great day of learning and fun. It is worth the trip and the cost. We spent the whole day there and could have used another for doing some of the organized tours that they have.

We did the Titanic in Las Vegas. That only takes about an hour and that is if you stop and look at everything and read everything. I thought the cost was a little expensive compared to the amount of time it takes, but that being said I am glad we did it. It was a great learning experience and very very interesting if you like history. It was also very sad at the same time. You are given a card at the begining with a name and class. At the end you learned what happened to your person.
The only thing I did not like (and maybe I am being too sensitive) was the fact that for an additional cost they will take your picture on the grand staircase. I thought the event was too somber to be making lite of it.

Sylvia
11-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I also have free or discounted admission to other zoos, courtesy of my membership in the Philadelphia Zoo. I've been to Lowry Park Zoo and I enjoyed it very much. But, I'm a zoo nut and will always visit the local zoo when I'm travelling.

Not2Loud
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
KSC is always interesting. If you have time, I recommend Dixie Crossroads in Titusville (right by KSC) for rock shrimp or Kelsey's Pizzeria for some outstanding greek salad and pizza in Titusville (right by KSC).

amcsherr
06-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I have done the Titanic experience in Denver and Chicago, both were awesome! looking forward to do it in about a week in Orlando!!

Silver_Surfer
06-20-2011, 11:45 AM
The KSC tour is worth every penny. I was lucky enough to be there the day the Endeavor landed and the Atlantis was just moved out to the launching pad.

magicalmom
06-28-2011, 12:46 AM
We were very impressed by the Titanic Experience. Fascinating, and very respectful - I don't think it's the same organization as in Las Vegas, and there were no photo ops on the staircase. My DDs and I were so moved by it that we made a point of bringing DH the next time we were in Orlando. It's maybe a 90 minute experience, but it has really stayed with me. And I've never seen the movie!

I really recommend it.

NJGIRL
06-28-2011, 07:23 AM
We were very impressed by the Titanic Experience. Fascinating, and very respectful - I don't think it's the same organization as in Las Vegas, and there were no photo ops on the staircase.

Looking into it I think you are right. Premier does the Las Vegas exhibit. They are a company that does alot of moving exhibits for museums. The experience in Orlando (from their website) looks like they use actors in their exhibit along with real artifacts and some stuff from the movie set.

magicalmom
06-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes - they have costumed tour guides, but they're really more re-enactors; they portray characters, passengers from the ship. They really know their stuff -

NJGIRL
06-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Yes - they have costumed tour guides, but they're really more re-enactors; they portray characters, passengers from the ship. They really know their stuff -

Sounds interesting. We toured the Newport Mansions one year and one of the mansions we went through had re enactors who stayed in character the whole time. I think they were members of the Astor family.

RAIDER
07-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Another vote for KSC its a full day and worth every penny ( or cent :D ) .....

DisneyMom12
07-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I did the Titanic Experience in Vegas. I liked it a lot. I went on my wedding night and got a pic on the stairs all dressed up.

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 02:04 AM
I live about 15 or 20 min from Lowry Park Zoo. I go sometimes, it's a very nice zoo I think compared to some of the other zoos I've been to in my life. It's about a 70 mile drive one way from Disney, so depending on how big of a zoo nut you are I'm not sure if it would be worth the drive over for you. Unless you wanted to see Busch Gardens one day, the two are within 15 minutes of each other. The new Cheetah Hunt roller coaster just opened at Busch Gardens too. :coaster:

dinahvixen
09-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I have two girls, who were 8 and 2 when we wnt to Lowry Park Zoo, and the whole family really enjoyed it. It was small enough that it didn't tire you out, but big enough that you got your money's worth. A nicely laid out zoo, pretty, easy to see exhibits. We packed a lunch and went outside the main gate to eat, so we didn't buy any food there. If you're a zoo person, this is a nice half-day stop.