PDA

View Full Version : Please pick for me!

Jen C.
10-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, I've decided to take the kids by self~10, 9 and 4~ on an impromtu trip to the World November 12-17th. We've stayed BC the last 2 yrs, and loved it, but with DH not joining us, I'd like close proximity to MK, so an MK resort it is.

I thought I'd all but settled on GF~Sugarloaf CL. Now I'm wondering if I should stay at the Poly, because of the proximity of the TTC as well. We've stayed at both before, and don't really like one more than the other, but we've not stayed CL at either before. I've heard good and bad (of course) about both CL's. With the limited availability of certain discounts, I can stay at either GF Sugarloaf CL, or Poly~Garden view CL for roughly the same price. Which would you choose? Thanks!

BrerGnat
10-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Are those your only two options? I, personally, in that situation would choose Contemporary. The ability to walk to MK is priceless! Seriously. Plus, the hotel is nice and compact; everything is under one roof, no long walks anywhere. The TTC is just one stop away, to transfer to Epcot. Food options at the resort are good, and the pool area is also nice and compact (and not too crowded either!).

We stayed at BC and thought that we perfect, but if I ever needed to choose an MK resort when going alone with my kids, I'd go with Contemporary 100%.

If your only options are GF and Poly, though, I'd lean towards GF. I think it's a better value for the dollar, compared to Poly. Not sure how much this matters to you, but staying Poly CL Garden View means that you have a 33% chance of getting a room with NO balcony. That would make me mad. :blush: Plus, that resort is too spread out for my liking. I just don't "get" it, I guess. No desire for me personally to stay there.

Playdoh
10-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Gf

SBETigg
10-18-2010, 07:16 AM
My two favorite resorts. I prefer the GF to the Poly, but my kids prefer the Poly. I would poll the kids individually to see what they prefer, unless it's a surprise for them. The Poly club level has a better space of the two with a great view, so I feel you might get more out of that and the kids might be more relaxed there. But of course, they're both great choices. I've always gotten a balcony room at the Poly when I've requested it.

Have you tried to reserve either yet? The last time I tried to book Poly CL months in advance, they were booked solid (but it was mid-August). I booked GV and tried again at check in, but no luck. So what's actually available of the two at this late date might be the deciding factor for you.

Jen C.
10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the imput! They are both available, but there is no availability under any promo at all at CR/ :(

Still trying to decide...:confused:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2010, 09:19 AM
If I had never stayed at any of them before I would chose the Poly, but I say try something new and try Contemporary.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Poly since it's you and the kids. If it were you and DH I would say GF.

BrerGnat
10-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Remember too, that people cancel all the time. CR might come available at a later date. Are there no rooms there at all, or just CL?

Also remember, when staying at GF, you can take the boat back from MK, and it's the first stop. :thumbsup: Sometimes the monorail isn't all it's cracked up to be. :-o

DisneyBunch5
10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
I think that the Contemporary would be the best choice. It's a pleasant walk from/to MK. And it's great not having to fight the crowds who are boarding the monorail, boats and busses.

Gator
10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I've never stayed at either, but I've dined at both. I really loved the Tropical Hawaian feel of the Polynesian. If I had the money, that's where's I'd stay for sure.

Mousemates
10-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree with a previous poster...if you and hubby then GF...if you and the kids then probably the Poly...thou the truth of the matter is that I would not stress over the choice...there is no way you can go wrong with either, you will be happy at either place.